GTA 5 cars

• Thread starter cj10
  • 3,679 comments
Guys, just be a pro like me and climb from one end of the dirt/rock road on Mt. Chilliad in a Banshee to the other end. :lol:

So far I have only found 1 vehicle that is truly a 4x4 meaning all 4 tires have power. It was some sort of small Jeep. I don't remember the name. The strange part is some of the large trucks show 4x4 stickers and even show full front axles but they are only RWD. So if you want some serious rock climbing get the small jeep. It might be called the Canis but not sure. If anyone finds any more TRUE 4x4 vehicles let me know. That's the only one I have found so far.
That Range Rover Sport looking thing has full time AWD (It's called the Baller 2 by Gallivanter). That thing conquers Chilliad with just road tires. Fully modified it's a beast. However serious rock crawling isn't its strong suit.

I know installing a turbo and upgraded transmission increase a vehicle's acceleration, but is there a way to increase a vehicle's top speed? Also, if I buy a transmission that maxed out a car's acceleration, if I add more parts that boost acceleration, will it go beyond the vehicle's max acceleration value?

Yes, I too am wondering all of those questions. I might have to experiment with one of motorcycles, they seem like a good way to tell because it only takes the stage 2 upgrade to max out the acceleration bar on a couple of the bikes and there's still stage 3, turbo, and transmission left.

XS
Yes, I too am wondering all of those questions. I might have to experiment with one of motorcycles, they seem like a good way to tell because it only takes the stage 2 upgrade to max out the acceleration bar on a couple of the bikes and there's still stage 3, turbo, and transmission left.

What about the engine itself? I haven't customized any bikes yet. Just my Comet, Futo, and the red car you have to repair after the yacht mission.

Sorry, yeah I meant stage 2 engine upgrade will max out a couple of the bikes (can't remember their names) and engine stage 3 as well as turbo and transmission will still be left to purchase.

So far I have only found 1 vehicle that is truly a 4x4 meaning all 4 tires have power. It was some sort of small Jeep. I don't remember the name. The strange part is some of the large trucks show 4x4 stickers and even show full front axles but they are only RWD. So if you want some serious rock climbing get the small jeep. It might be called the Canis but not sure.

A lot of 4wd trucks can switch between 2wd and 4wd. I'm going to assume they tried to model this.

On the topic of top speed has anyone noticed that none of the cars seem to have a very high top speed? It might be just the way the AI highway cars have been set up but even when your at top speed on the highway your only going slightly faster than the other cars. It feels like your going fast with the visual and sound effects but relative to the other highway cars your not.

I suspect they have made it this way to make travelling around the map slower to make it seem bigger. Same thing with aeroplanes, the top speed is very low.

On the topic of top speed has anyone noticed that none of the cars seem to have a very high top speed? It might be just the way the AI highway cars have been set up but even when your at top speed on the highway your only going slightly faster than the other cars. It feels like your going fast with the visual and sound effects but relative to the other highway cars your not.

I suspect they have made it this way to make travelling around the map slower to make it seem bigger. Same thing with aeroplanes, the top speed is very low.

I noticed this as well. When I am passing a car on the highway in my tuned Comet and then flooring it past them, it doesn't feel very fast.

Yeah I think we are going fast, but the highway cars also go really fast. Which is good, otherwise it would be really hard to floor it and weave in and out of traffic.

No you can't increase the top speed. I covered almost eery aspect on cars in my review. I still am working on it

Did my final heist with this

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Nice man where did you find that? Is it confirmed 4wd? I've been testing the SUV's today and the majority of them aren't actually 4wd including the "Jeep" clone called the Canis. The only cars that seem to be true 4wd are the "off road" versions like your one and my off road version Canis.

Nice man where did you find that? Is it confirmed 4wd? I've been testing the SUV's today and the majority of them aren't actually 4wd including the "Jeep" clone called the Canis. The only cars that seem to be true 4wd are the "off road" versions like your one and my off road version Canis.

I really don't know if it's confirmed 4wd, and I only saw it today on the street and once I stole it was everywhere, typical GTA :lol:

Will check it's name tomorrow if it's still there and whether it's a 4wd or not

And good news to everybody: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/23/gta-v-disappearing-vehicles-being-investigated-by-rockstar

Last edited:
EDIT Tree'd
Although I have a far more pessimistic view on Rockstar's response than Waheed does LOL.

Basically Rockstar is advising us not to use the garages, which by default means if we want to avoid losing cars then we should not own cars in the first place other than the defualt character's respective cars - at least for now. Kind of a bummer, as it means we might as well give up modding and customizing any cars we plan on keeping.

It's not that bad. I've never had a car go missing from the storage garages only Michael's home garage.

Yeah, are you talking about taking a car out and then it disappearing or it just plain disappearing after it being stored and saved?

Kind of wierd all my cars remains in the garages, even at Franklin's. I've got a chrome PCJ (I think) and a chrome Ferrari lookalike (which I posted a picture of in the Snapmatics thread), there. The only thing I've experienced was his standard bike disappeared, but it returned after a trip around "the block".

Yeah, are you talking about taking a car out and then it disappearing or it just plain disappearing after it being stored and saved?
Both actually. In the beginning of the game R* kinda tells you in-game not to store vehicles in safe house garages. But I've had cars disappear after taking them out and from the garages (purchased properties)

XS
Both actually. In the beginning of the game R* kinda tells you in-game not to store vehicles in safe house garages. But I've had cars disappear after taking them out and from the garages (purchased properties)

What's with some of you having to buy the garages? The garages were automatically available to me and a lot of others. Strange....

But yeah if you take a car out of the garage and then ditch it don't expect to get it back and don't expect it to magically still be in your garage if you save the game after removing it.

is it possible to replicate a undercover police cruiser with the front grill and everything except for the flashing lights? I have found two type of car that look similar to the cruiser but they only offer respray and rims for the car without any bumper mod etc.
if anyone know what car can replicate them let me know:)

Just made a sad discovery for those who like off-roading. None of the off road cars are 4x4. Even the special "off road" versions with massive front diffs aren't sending any power to the front wheels. LAME :(

Just made a sad discovery for those who like off-roading. None of the off road cars are 4x4. Even the special "off road" versions with massive front diffs aren't sending any power to the front wheels. LAME :(

Wrong. A lot of my 4x4 vehicles spin them. Usually like an open differential though, so that sucks but yeah they get power.

I think you get them for free when you sign up to rockstar social club.

Could explain why I didn't pay for mine.

Wrong. A lot of my 4x4 vehicles spin them. Usually like an open differential though, so that sucks but yeah they get power.

Which car? I just had my canis off road and other off road cars with front wheels off the ground and no spinning at all. And when you launch them on dirt you see that no dirt gets kicked up by the front wheels.

Back