GTA IV trivia

If it sounds like Batman, it's probably fat man, complete stab in the dark I have no actual idea of what is said.

Ok Ziggy's gone.

NEW QUESTION

What fraction of your current money do you lose when you die?

About 10/310ths?
My cash went from 310000 down to 300000.
:lol:

That's because the maximum loss is 10,000, making the fraction ever changing once you have over 100,000 because the correct answer is 10% as previously said, Crow was simply being downright trivial (and a little ridiculous, in my opinion, in rejecting it) by wanting a fraction.

The correct answer is the fraction is not fixed as the amount you lose upon being wasted is 1/10th (10%) up to a maximum of 10,000. Technically your answer is also correct Aldo as that is the fraction you lost when you died, there's no 2 ways about it.

Late reply I know but I forgot about this thread, the question should have made clear the fact that there was a maximum value in order to remove confusion (though it did not need to tell us that value).

Really? Well I thought I'd check by starting a new game, earning exactly $200 and then subsequently dying in sequence giving the following figures.

$200
$180 (200*10%=20 200-20=180)
$162 (180*10%=18 180-18=162)
$146 (162*10%=16.2, 16 to the nearest $, 162-16=146)
$132 (146*10%=14.6, it appears GTA always rounds down on this basis as it has minused $14 from $146)
$119 (132*10%=13.2, rounded down making $13)
$108 (119*10%=11.9, supporting the rounding down theory as $11 has been subtracted as opposed to 12)
$98 (108*10%=10.8, confirming the rounding theory as $10 has been subtracted instead of 11)

It is clear from these results that the answer is most definately not 1/12th, it is unclear how you arrived at such a figure, though it may be possible that the rounding down basis with GTA applies has thrown off however you tested it or it's back to school for some maths. It is also possible that the $10,000 ceiling has skewed your answer should you have been dealing with an original figure of over $100,000. However testing more then once would easily have displayed any error made, which is why no test should be completed only once as this leads to misleading and/or incorrect data caused by a simple lack of input in order to get the desired output. This is especially true of statistical calculations particularly when dealing with rounded figures in this way.

To go further to fully prove the answer, by confirming the $10,000 limit, I loaded my complete save and did the exact same test but of course starting with much more money, fortunately my starting value was a rounded hundred for easier checking.

$1,261,800
$1,251,800 (-$10,000 from original, expressed as a percentage this works out at ~0.7925%)
$1,241,800 (-$10,000 again, expressed as a percentage ~0.7988%, note changed % when compared to the original, confirming no one fraction is true, simple maths)
$1,231,800 (-$10,000 again, you can see where this is going by now, ~0.8053% way off 10% let alone 1/12th which is ~8.3%, recurring 3)

This confirms that a $10,000 is the maximum that can be lost, and that the % (and therefore fraction) is ever changing once $100,000 is passed. This also confirms my original answer of 10% to a maximum of $10,000, and we can now add that to be precise it is 10%, rounded down to the nearest whole number and to a maximum of $10,000.

Lesson to be learnt, thoroughly check your figures and do your research especially when more then one person is suggesting the same answer which you believe to be incorrect, that's a sign you should at least double check. There's nothing more embarassing then getting your own question wrong.

Class dismissed.

I eagerly await a reply, and an apology wouldn't go a miss either.

Just to clarify, I couldn't give a damn about taking the turn, I probably won't, but I wanted to clean up the problems underlying this question so everyone knows what exactly is the answer and therefore why theirs was rejected. I thought Crow was just being really picky by not accepting 10%, which was the original reason for my distaste, but turns out he didn't know the answer to his own question and there's no other way to describe that other then stupid and lazy.

I hope that's sarcasm and not stupidity, test it yourself and show your figures. I'll have one of my team members from the US cross check them if you can get proof that 1/12 is the correct figure.

I challenge you to prove me wrong if you truly believe that is the answer. That means finding a value which comes to a 1/12 deduction and does NOT hold when using my formula by using multiple starting values, a sequence from anywhere above sort of $150 will very likely hold firm.

If you are being sarcastic however, then you are being flat out incompetent by dodging the blatant criticism when you should admit you were wrong like any self respecting person with a smidge of intelligence would do.

So I guess you have 2 options, prove your own answer if you still believe it to be credible or admit you were wrong if you realise your own error or your proof shows that you were wrong.

Crow, are you serious? Are you for real? Dragonistic went far far out of his way to show why these people are supposedly wrong, when they arent. You cant even prove it yourself? Shame....

I have this feeling it wasnt sarcasm and your just using that for a way out but whatever. You could have just admitted you were wrong...

I have this feeling it wasnt sarcasm and your just using that for a way out but whatever. You could have just admitted you were wrong...

FINAL: I could have sworn it was 1/12 I recall. But WHATEVER! END OF CONVERSATION!

I had not, as it was more important to clear up the previous question before proceeding on. Onwards and upwards now.

An insurance company advertising in Liberty City has a name which contains the name of one of the major 5 districts in the city in the first word of it's name, what is the name of the company?

For a little help, the company is called 'something' Insurance, and the advertising sign says underneath, auto - home - life. The something contains a district name as part of that word but is not the whole word.

In a day or two I'll give more clues, firstly the district (and neighbourhood) I found the first sign, ironically not the same district as the name, then the street I found it on, then the size and colour and so on.

Vigg isn't one of the major 5 districts in the city, but you seem to get the idea. The word (note: just the one word) you're all looking for contains either Algonquin, Broker, Dukes, Bohan or Alderney in it but is not just the district. For example, Dukesness is a word containing the district name.

:lol: it isn't 'ness' on the end or is it? that could be the right district but it might not be, but you've got the idea now. Good luck to all, clues will come some time after tomorrow onwards. To begin with I won't be giving a kind of hot/cold measure, until tomorrow I'm giving nothing away other then if you're right or wrong.

Back