GTA Online Thread (Useful Links in OP)

• Thread starter dhandeh
  • 42,329 comments
If you are going to compare any 2 things you have to have the same testing methodology.
Obviously. I just wish he did more than a single track.

If he had more time he would could have run a high speed circuit, short technical twisty circuit then something in between as well as the top speed tests.
Makes sense. I figured time constraints would be an issue.

Dan
Yeah. There isn't any new clothing, either. You'd expect there to be some 80's themed outfits to match the cars. Hopefully the next update comes soon after the final vehicle is released.
I'd like a nice big collared hawaiian shirt.
Newswire article

TL;DR:

• Special Vehicle races
  • Progen GP1
  • Heist vehicles no longer have to be unlocked
  • 25% off:
    • Stilt Houses
    • Penthouse Apartments
    • Progen T20
    • Engine Upgrades
    • Turbo Upgrades
    • Exhausts
    • Spoilers
    • Submachine Guns
    • Body Armor
    • Import/Export Clothing
  • Premium Race is a Special Vehicle race

Meanwhile, in the Coming Soon part:

Any ideas as to what this one might be?

As much as I've wanted to pick up the T20 I really REALLY want that turismo classic so unfortunately it'll have to stay on hold for now

Since the update I can't access creator mode and when in single player I can't open any websites on my phone or any laptop. Anyone else having this happen?

Are you trying to access creator from online or offline?

What is it? Won't load for me.

Guess it was deleted. Yan2295 posted a tweet that essentially said the Duke O' Death was coming to online. I'll fix the post. Sorry about that.

I'd like a nice big collared hawaiian shirt.

Exactly. That would be perfect as we already have a few selections of clothes which can fit the 80's look.

Thought I should share a few changes and opinions of this update:

1. Modified NPC cars are inaccessible
(Edit: appears to be glitch of sorts, so you can ignore this bit I guess)

2. Removal of level locks/ Heist requirements
In the cases of things like the 5 seater Velum, I don't really care. However, for the likes of the Hydra that are in dire need of balancing and the Dubsta 6x6 that was meant as a reward for people reaching level 100, it's a bit of a slap in the face. Yes, I get it, not every level 5 player is going to buy all of these right away (or even at all), but to those who worked for them it doesn't seem fair, IMO.

3. Returning Player content now available to all
On the one hand, it's no big deal that everyone can now get Stallions and Blistas and Dodos. On the other, that content was advertised as exclusive to returning players, and it felt like a little reward for sticking with the game for so long. Letting everyone have access just doesn't quite sit well with me personally.

As a side note, this update felt kinda empty on the whole (also note that I am looking forward to both the Infernus and Turismo), as we currently sit at one car and some races people will likely stop playing after the double money is over, and plenty of bugs and glitches that Rockstar have to be aware of by now.

Last edited:
3. Returning Player content now available to all
On the one hand, it's no big deal that everyone can now get Stallions and Blistas and Dodos. On the other, that content was advertised as exclusive to returning players, and it felt like a little reward for sticking with the game for so long. Letting everyone have access just doesn't quite sit well with me personally.
Is the Kraken available on PS4 now?

I really like the Classic Infernus and Turismo, but are the really in the sports classics class? Come on, they are supercars through and through! They would be rendered useless in the Sports Classics class as there's no Stunt Races for them - and I don't think I'll be the only one wanting to race one of these cars.

l7izJHm.jpg

saw this when I was stuck in the clouds

Nah, if leaks are to be believed, it's a simple matter of buying one from Legendary.

I realise of course that this was released before Benny's was ever in development (I presume), but the Coquette Classic kind of set the precedent that non-Benny's cars will be named Classic, whereas the Elegy and Comet indicates that cars that require conversion at Benny's are called Retro Custom.

I wonder if the Turismo and Infernus Classic will be able to race in the Sports class just like the Stirling GT, which is a Sports Classic.

Just got involved in one of those free roam deathmatches... because our characters wear the same black cowboy hat... the nerve of some people!

Where have I seen this before, hmm... oh yeah.

full

So there’s this new option in race events called Aggregate Positions. I'm very sure I know what it does, and it has to do with whoever wins the race.
  • If the option is set to “Off”, then the race will end 30 seconds after half the pack finishes. So in other words, it’s a normal race.
  • It the option is set to “On”, then some bars will appear in the bottom-right, so that you can track the progress of the top 4 drivers, and the game will even let you know when who’s in 1st is about to win. When he wins, however, the race will stop and immediately progress to the race results screen. Instead of a total time, you get a percentage value showing how much of the race you completed next to the winner (out of 100%).
Aggregate Positions would not be at all useful in the championship-length GTA races that the pro racers are known for - and I'm positive that I'm not alone in this sentiment. Okay, now I KNOW it has zero use to top-level racers, because you're not completing all the required laps in order to finish the race. But IMO, it can definitely work in Public Lobbies as a way to speed things up if you find the randoms you encounter embarrassingly slow. As the host, I’d start with the setting off, and then set it to on after a few races if I’m not getting enough of a challenge.

TL, DR: I sort of like it...maybe...I don't know. What do you think?

P.S. I don't know if this applies to all race events, or just the Special Vehicle Stunt races that I did earlier tonight.

Last edited:
P.S. I don't know if this applies to all race events, or just the Special Vehicle Stunt races that I did earlier tonight.

it applies to all race events...sadly for whatever reason they replaced the option to select the weather...seriously you add one thing and break 20 others in the process....(lets not even begin on the creator...)

So I purchased the GP1 yesterday... It's actually very fast, and very good for the price. I think it's better than the Itali GTB, but I've only done two stunt races... I chose the cliche orange colour for it, but it's fantastic - GTA's version of the F1, if you will. Even the customisation parts are similar to those on the real thing.

So there’s this new option in race events called Aggregate Positions. I'm very sure I know what it does, and it has to do with whoever wins the race.
  • If the option is set to “Off”, then the race will end 30 seconds after half the pack finishes. So in other words, it’s a normal race.
  • It the option is set to “On”, then some bars will appear in the bottom-right, so that you can track the progress of the top 4 drivers, and the game will even let you know when who’s in 1st is about to win. When he wins, however, the race will stop and immediately progress to the race results screen. Instead of a total time, you get a percentage value showing how much of the race you completed next to the winner (out of 100%).
Aggregate Positions would not be at all useful in the championship-length GTA races that the pro racers are known for - and I'm positive that I'm not alone in this sentiment. But IMO, it can definitely work in Public Lobbies as a way to speed things up if you find the randoms you encounter embarrassingly slow. As the host, I’d start with the setting off, and then set it to on after a few races if I’m not getting enough of a challenge.

TL, DR: I sort of like it...maybe...I don't know. What do you think?

Does it affect payouts? That would annoy most if they ended up with a reduction in prize money especially when playing 20+player races and the gap between 1st and 10th isnt very big.

Does it affect payouts? That would annoy most if they ended up with a reduction in prize money especially when playing 20+player races and the gap between 1st and 10th isnt very big.

Not sure if it affects payouts, as I only did one stunt race with this option. I know Broughy did a 3-lap Aggregate race on the old Blaine Country 24h circuit, and they didn't even finish the whole race before it ended...so I would have to imagine it affects payouts, but that only goes by how long the race lasts.

By the way, did you see the new stunt tube props in these races? You know, the opaque ones with some seriously TRON-like psychedelic 🤬 going on inside them? I want to use them...and who else doesn't want to create their own Special Vehicle stunt races?

Now try imagining a GP-styled stunt race with psychedelic laser tunnels.

I'm having a lot of fun with the new stunt races, particularly the Rocket Voltic ones. Most people don't even know how to use the rocket booster properly, or just can't drive in general :lol:

I'm debating on whether to save up for a Savage or the Hydra, since I'm able to get them without doing the Heists.

My cop outfit has gone!!! I was waiting for the "pulling over women for speeding but letting them off when they flash some cleavage at you" DLC.

R* you miserable sods

After watching Wildcat's latest GTA video, I've realised I still haven't played the Deadline mode. Blame all those other games I've been playing and trying to rack up money elsewhere.

Back