GTA Online Thread (Useful Links in OP)

• Thread starter dhandeh
  • 42,329 comments
TL;DR (or, as some might say, B1322;DW) the track car doesn't work on the track. Even less downforce than the GP1. The Stigs GTA Cousin reckons it could do about 1:05 with a regular spoiler rather than the 1:08.2 it gets now, putting it 30th in the Sports class. PLus points for how well it drives, just don't take it near any bumps.

This is the thing about Broughy tests - I'm not really into racing, so from that aspect, they're not that useful, much like how Top Gear lap times are useless because I can't afford most of the cars. That doesn't mean I can't find it interesting, which I very much do, in both cases.

This is the thing about Broughy tests - I'm not really into racing, so from that aspect, they're not that useful, much like how Top Gear lap times are useless because I can't afford most of the cars. That doesn't mean I can't find it interesting, which I very much do, in both cases.
And let's not forget the fact that those times will be completely different if someone else drives. Depending on how a specific car suits your drivingstyle, times/spots will differ.
Not that the slowest car for him will be the fastest car for anyone else, but just because his fastest time on track 1 is with car A, doesn't make it the fastest car on track 2 for someone else.

I still haven't decided if I want the Ruston or not...

And let's not forget the fact that those times will be completely different if someone else drives. Depending on how a specific car suits your drivingstyle, times/spots will differ.
Not that the slowest car for him will be the fastest car for anyone else, but just because his fastest time on track 1 is with car A, doesn't make it the fastest car on track 2 for someone else.

All true indeed. It's a good reference with as many variables as possible excluded, no doubt about that, but it is by no means the be-all-end-all of determining how good or bad a car is.

I still haven't decided if I want the Ruston or not...

That, I can help you with: if you regularly play in random online lobbies full of 🤬 in chrome Armored Kurumas or plan on using it for races, don't bother.

Edit:

30th again. 116.3 mph. Not too shabby, considering it's only 8 mph slower than the Schafter V12. Yep, 8 mph covers the entire top 30 in the Sports class.

Last edited:
I didn't hesitate since I'm a bit of a sucker for open top sports cars like these.

And I wouldn't mind if the next lightweight car in the game would be a sports classics in the form of a Caterham Seven. Seriously this is a car form I want to expose more of.

I love how twitchy the Ruston is. Hate the front splitter and the tow hooks(as I do on all cars) Wish they could be removed.

I really like the Ruston. Like how it handles but only two things.
1) Steering wheel doesnt fit in with the rest of the interior.
2) Brake calipers are not lined up on the disks properly - calipers are behind the disk.

Didn't feel inclined to get any of the mods as it looks good stock imo. Wheels are just the Cheetah ones from High end category with different centres.

Last edited:
Got a quick test drive in a Ruston earlier today and I quite like it. Incredibly tail happy offroad but even in the rain it isn't too bad on the roads, and the oversteer at low speeds I feel sort of helps it turn more. Will probably try and get one of my own by the end of the week.

I've tried a couple of tracks and spent a bit of time driving round the city and some of the dirt roads. I really like how this thing handles. May actually be one of my favourite cars to drive, 1st person view is also quite good as @m8h3r mentioned above.

We've already stopped with duping Elegys around here right, since it needs a friend these days.

TezFunz reported an update on the tunables that says if you have some dupes, they might be gone, which is monitored through the license plate number.

We've already stopped with duping Elegys around here right, since it needs a friend these days.

TezFunz reported an update on the tunables that says if you have some dupes, they might be gone, which is monitored through the license plate number.

Better check my few remaining Sultans

The Sprunk Buffalo is on sale if you're not a returning player. Explosive weapons and ammo are 25% off as well. Special Circuit Stunt races are still double money and RP.

Quick note: the Duke O'Death will be free to returning players.

My take: someone is buying the Lynx today.

I'd probably buy a Lynx if it was 300k, but not at 1.3 million. Looking to buy the cheaper (under 200k) stuff before the expensive DLC cars. Only made 3 exceptions so far, Elegy Retro, Comet Retro & Infernus.

Why? Whats wrong with a pink Lynx?
(Yes I did say it 5x fast )

full

It's probably wrong in a way that feels so right.

Back