GTA Online Thread (Useful Links in OP)

• Thread starter dhandeh
  • 42,329 comments
The latter.

If you have all the normal property slots filled and all the office garage floors, you can have up to 8 garage spaces. They're just called Office garage 1, 2, and 3.

(or 9 if they added a sixth normal garage slot; I can't remember)

6 garages, 10 each.
3 office garages, 20 each.
1 motorcycle club, 10 motorcycles (or cars if you choose to glitch it).

Which totals 120 personal vehicles, plus 10 motorcycles.

R* Newswire
In honor of 420, save (and score) some extra green via The Open Road with 50% off Weed Farm Businesses and Business Upgrades. All Weed sales from your Business will also earn you 50% more profits. And burn out with Green Tire Smoke from LS Customs, also 50% offtoday.

Green tire smoke, ya say? I need to rebuy my Cog Cab next time I play..

I was going to post about being fed up with all these adversary modes, but this one? Looks like the child of Vehicle Vendetta and Stunt Races. Chaos. Love it. It will probably come with double money off the bat as well. :D

Also, how could I possibly have thought that R* wouldn't do anything to honor 420?

Would it be worth it to jump into GTA Online now?

FWIW, I started playing GTA Online around the time it originally released on PS3, but I got turned off mighty quick by the grind of it all and I didn't have many people to play it with me.

Would it be welcoming to someone like me, who's jumping nearly two and a quarter years late, essentially starting from scratch?

Let me put it like this:

There will be a lot of up-front costs (which you'll have to make up for by essentially grinding), but once you've got those pesky ~2.5 million GTA$, you're ready to set up your Import/Export, which is hands-down the easiest money you can make on your own (and rivals, if not beats, playing Heists legitimately, and I seem to read most of the glitching in those has been patched anyway), especially if you can work out a way of setting up solo "public" sessions.

Once you've got Import/Export, the money almost starts making itself.

Let me put it like this:

There will be a lot of up-front costs (which you'll have to make up for by essentially grinding), but once you've got those pesky ~2.5 million GTA$, you're ready to set up your Import/Export, which is hands-down the easiest money you can make on your own (and rivals, if not beats, playing Heists legitimately, and I seem to read most of the glitching in those has been patched anyway), especially if you can work out a way of setting up solo "public" sessions.

Once you've got Import/Export, the money almost starts making itself.

I guess I should rephrase my question then:

With these supposed 'up-front costs' would the grind to get to Import/Export be worth it? Because, like, I enjoy the idea of GTAO, but at the same time, I don't want to basically spend what amounts to an eternity getting to an arbitrary point where the grind basically stops and the game can get fun with the stuff you can buy.

I'd say it is. Take advantage of whatever's on 2x Money duty (you're in luck, Contact Missions are right now) and live from baked beans until you get to the point described above.

A quick and easy calculation: Contact Missions generally pay somewhere around 2K/min. Depending on the mission you get, I/E pays up to ~8K/min, but 4 is pretty much guaranteed with Top Range (do be sure to do that trick as well).

I guess I'll see whether it's worth it or not to get back into it, if I see a copy for cheap.

I guess there isn't a sort of GOTY edition available?

I guess I should rephrase my question then:

With these supposed 'up-front costs' would the grind to get to Import/Export be worth it? Because, like, I enjoy the idea of GTAO, but at the same time, I don't want to basically spend what amounts to an eternity getting to an arbitrary point where the grind basically stops and the game can get fun with the stuff you can buy.
It really depends on patience and rank. Personally, I wouldn't want grind it out if I restarted from a low level (I wouldn't even bother playing GTA again if I never transferred), but it is good cash if you're willing to do it. Though if you play pubs it's hell if you're a low level because low ranks literally are a death sentence in the game now.

It really depends on patience and rank. Personally, I wouldn't want grind it out if I restarted from a low level (I wouldn't even bother playing GTA again if I never transferred), but it is good cash if you're willing to do it. Though if you play pubs it's hell if you're a low level because low ranks literally are a death sentence in the game now.

And that's what worries me. It's the same reason why I have been hesitant on getting into Destiny late: if the game is going to be actively hostile to people who are just starting out, then why bother?

Doesn't help either that my old PSN account which I played GTAO on PS3 with went dodo when I lost my password, so it means I'm probably starting from legit zero unless I can change the ID attributed to my Social Club account.

I couldn't start GTAO from this point. Took me all these years to get to where I am now and I'm still having to grind on occasion to earn money for things.

Everyone is different but in hindsight the grind was huge but it's past me. In foresight? Sheesh I just wouldn't have the patience and besides, by the time you get to the point where you're enjoying the online experience and have the stuff you want GTA6 will be out and it'll be time to start all over again.

Which for me at least raises another point...I just don't think I have it in me to devote another 70+ days of my life into a game. GTA5 may be my final high lvl, multi millionaire, playboy, Supercar driving, jet flying, yacht owning, submersible submariner, tank owning, huge wardrobed mega criminal.

But that's just me.

I will say that this is a game that you pretty much have to play with friends if you want to progress quickly/easily. Soloing this game isn't a really a bad thing, but it can get boring or frustrating at times.

Is the weed farm borked for anyone else, as in it consumes supplies and doesn't make any product? That's what mine is doing, after having bought it since it was half off, and I'm a little irritated that it isn't working :grumpy:.

Is the weed farm borked for anyone else, as in it consumes supplies and doesn't make any product? That's what mine is doing, after having bought it since it was half off, and I'm a little irritated that it isn't working :grumpy:.
I haven't tested the weed factory, but if you want to run an MC business, I would get and fully upgrade a coke factory. IMO, that's way better; even though it's the most expensive of all the factory types, it's the most profitable in the long run.

Have the workers shown up yet?

Anyone seeing the irony that this is posted on 4/20?

@Silver Arrows about starting GTA from scratch, it's a great idea to join the crew. I didn't see you anywhere in the last page so I assumed you're not in it. Anyway, aside from taking advantage of what has bonuses right now, you could find someone who's in a timezone similar to yours and has access to CEO stuff. They can hire you as an associate, in which case your salary will be $5k per minute and you'll get an additional payment every time you help your CEO sell special cargo or export vehicle cargo. However the biggest source of earnings for associates is VIP work, specifically Headhunter, Sightseer and, if you're lucky enough to know someone with a yacht, Piracy Prevention. These missions take place in freemode so you won't have to endure the torture of loading screens. Sightseer and Headhunter can take up to 15 minutes (though it's unlikely they'll take that much) and pay on average approximately $23k, while Piracy Prevention is fixed at 10 minutes and pays $30k. If your CEO doesn't need the money, you can also tell them to give it to you after the job, which will double your earnings. Another option is for the CEO to run the challenge Point to Point, which is simply a race to a chosen destination and they can let you win for $10k. Rarely takes more than 2 minutes.

Other than that, there is usually an Adversary Mode with 2x $ and RP bonuses. The problem is that not only are most of them dull, but they also involve PvP, often with guns, which is not very low-level-friendly. I'd suggest trying out ones with vehicles instead.

Heists you shouldn't bother with, either you'll get matched up with a crew of utter idiots or the R* P2P servers will crap on you. Lots of potential, but it's only fulfilled if you do everything perfectly.

Lastly, Offices are on 25% discount until May 1st (?), which will drop the price of the cheapest one to 750k. You could take advantage of that.

Hope I helped! ;)

April 20 is the one and only day in the entire year where I approve of the US date format.

Every other day of the year it does nothing but confuse people. "Over there", 9/11 is.. well, that, whereas "over here", 9/11 is part Night of Broken Glass, part Fall of the Wall.

It'd seem things like to break on 9/11 no matter how you spell it.

Or you can you do like the most of Africa, and not give a flying 🤬 about it

IMG_3634.PNG

Back