GTA Online Thread (Useful Links in OP)

• Thread starter dhandeh
  • 42,329 comments
Although mm/dd/yyyy is more efficient for filing. Easier to search for month then day within month.

filing in YYMMDD is even better, then it's always chronological, in your way you will get for example jan 2010, jan 2011, jan 2012, feb 2010, feb 2011, feb 2012 etc ...

Logged in to GTA Online just now after coming back from the gym and I was randomly given $500,000. Before anyone asks, this doesn't have anything to do with the refund rockstar gave me for the returning players vehicles in which Rockstar gave me back around $925,000.
image.jpeg

Well I guess I'm now part of the randomly been given money by Rockstar club. :sly:
Is it bad I've been posting here too much lately?

Would it be worth it to jump into GTA Online now?

FWIW, I started playing GTA Online around the time it originally released on PS3, but I got turned off mighty quick by the grind of it all and I didn't have many people to play it with me.

Would it be welcoming to someone like me, who's jumping nearly two and a quarter years late, essentially starting from scratch?

I think it is really worth giving it a shot. If your approach is all about having everything you want as fast as possible, you are not going to enjoy it. We all have to "work" for what we have and some of us have been developing the character since the game launched. You can't compete with that. You just have to do your own thing and engage in the activities that make you happy... If you haven't explored GTAO on the PS4, you are missing out. It is much more lush and vibrant. Even after all the years I have been playing, I still enjoy just cruising around and checking things out. As far as public lobbies go, they suck. Invite only sessions are the way to go and where that large majority of us dwell. You can still have a really good time even if you are alone.

You can still have a pretty damn good time even if you don't have the most expensive stuff. Even as much as I have collected over time I still take a low budget car and just drive around. Most of my favorite cars are the cheapest I own. There are so many different ways of making money these days you can stack up the Bread pretty quick and not have to "grind" the same boring missions...

You really should give it a shot. I am sure there are many of us that would be happy to get online with you and give you the dime tour. Just the sunsets on the beach while drinking a few beers make it worth it...

I decided to fully modify my Futo and take it racing on some of the stunt tracks. I found it to be one of the most difficult and scary cars to drive in this game. It's a lot faster than one would expect (at least in the chaos that is public lobbies), and it feels like you could lose control of it at any moment.

Edit: The fact that it's one of the lightest cars in the game is probably the reason for that. It's very responsive to any sort of movement, and it'll easily overshoot jumps on some tracks.

Last edited:
Guys, help me...

Should I upgrade my Nero to the custom model? Money is a non-issue because it's on discount and I can make that in an hour. I like how badass the Custom looks but I also really dig the retractable spoiler and the elegance of the regular one.

Edit: Also, can you get the spoiler up while stationary on the regular Nero? That would be fantastic.

Last edited:
Guys, help me...

Should I upgrade my Nero to the custom model? Money is a non-issue because it's on discount and I can make that in an hour. I like how badass the Custom looks but I also really dig the retractable spoiler and the elegance of the regular one.

Edit: Also, can you get the spoiler up while stationary on the regular Nero? That would be fantastic.

It's personal preference, really. Both models are stupid-fast. I only made mine into the custom version because I desperately wanted to drive a Chiron VGT. Polyphony pls. For casual and ocassional spirited driving the standard might work. If you go racing on a normal basis, the custom might suit you better. Finally, the air brake/spoiler will not remain in the raised position, as far as I know.

Guys, help me...

Buy both :P

Guys, help me...

I have a big problem. The offices are on sale so I'm planning on buying one but for the love of god I can't agree on a name for it. :banghead:

Thanks everyone for answering. When I logged on this afternoon I received 500k (a friend got 3.9m :mad:), looked at my Nero and decided I'd rather start saving up for the Ruiner 2000 instead. :P It's awesome the way it is now.

I strongly recommend doing contact missions. You can easily get $500k in a couple of hours.
I can confirm this. If done with a friend, you can make about 230k an hour (roughly 5 minutes per mission, making about 20k).

But that's not more profitable than I/E or 125% value Special Cargo, is it? I know I/E makes me about $350k an hour. BTW, is Special Cargo better than I/E for the duration of the bonus?

But that's not more profitable than I/E or 125% value Special Cargo, is it? I know I/E makes me about $350k an hour. BTW, is Special Cargo better than I/E for the duration of the bonus?

I/E is still the better option, even with the 25% bonus on Special Cargo bonus. That, and double cash and RP Contact Missions are still the way to go for now.

I'd still say I/E gives the best, safe maybe the double money on Contact Missions.

Special Cargo in itself isn't too bad once you get up to the bigger numbers, but factor in the amount of time that takes and the fact that one crate supply and one vehicle takes about the same time.. it'd take at least a 100% boost for them to be about equally profitable.

Well OK but that's not fun if you have a group and I/E is more repetitive than contact missions.

Crates only works solo as your bodyguards won't earn anywhere near as much as you.

I logged in yesterday and was given a petty $67,490...:lol:
Strangely enough, I was able to get the Duke O' Death for free, even though I hadn't transferred my data. However I did play GTA Online on the PS3, but not very much. The game was really bad then.

I logged in yesterday and was given a petty $67,490...:lol:
Strangely enough, I was able to get the Duke O' Death for free, even though I hadn't transferred my data. However I did play GTA Online on the PS3, but not very much. The game was really bad then.

Weird that you got a penalty. Returning players only have to have played the games on both gens with the same psn. Some out there give their login details to those with PS3s so they can retro-actively become returning players.

Back