GTA Online Thread (Useful Links in OP)

• Thread starter dhandeh
  • 42,329 comments
I'm always in for some cycling. If you want a specific colour/fender combination we can usually find some to steal that you can store.

Nah it's okay colour is not an issue.

Ended up falling asleep watching the television early last night, so I never made it back on. I'm certain that I'll be on tonight.

Haha that's alright. I ended up getting lost around 100km up north from where I started. :lol: My drive took more than an hour through some lovely sideroads and some sketchy ones as well.

I'm always in for some cycling. If you want a specific colour/fender combination we can usually find some to steal that you can store.

Ended up falling asleep watching the television early last night, so I never made it back on. I'm certain that I'll be on tonight.

Sure.

Unlike Los Santos, which is more or less a condensed version of Los Angeles missing a few parts, Sandy Shores, Grapeseed, and Paleto are mongrels. As such, the ways in which you might identify an area of the map sometimes don't align as they do in Los Santos. For example, the road layout, buildings, and geographical features of Los Santos are, generally, purely those from Los Angeles, Ca. If you are in your car parked in front of the 801 Tower, and you desire to head to the Santa Monica pier; you don't have to look at the HUD or in-game map to get there even if you are new to the game, if you are familiar with Los Angeles. You'll know which direction to go and can get yourself in the general area simply navigating by landmarks, as one does in real life. That is not true in the other areas of the map.

Sandy Shores is perhaps the most clear cut of the population centres located in Blaine Cty. Sandy Shores shares its general layout, and many of its locations with the real life town of Bombay Beach, Ca. The shape of the Salton Sea(Alamo Sea) when turned and the relative location along the shoreline also suggests this. However, many of the more prominent locations are from other areas as well. As discussed in the GTA 5 Cars thread, the abandoned motel, marina, and the artificial harbour are all locations from nearby Mecca, Ca; about 15mi Northwest of Bombay Beach. Others are representations of locations in Niland, Ca, and Desert Shores, while the main boulevard is much like one found in Thermal, Ca.

Generally, the area in and around the desert represents areas of the Imperial Valley, with most structures being copies of those found in and around real life Mecca, Niland, and the unincorporated villages surrounding the Salton Sea. Senora Nat'l Park in game is considered to be Joshua Tree Nat'l Park in real life, north of the Salton Sea straddling the Mojave and Colorado Deserts, just north of the Sonoran Desert. Clever haha.

The fields in Grapeseed are a rather common open field layout that make up much of the Imperial Valley south of the Salton Sea. The buildings and structures along the 'downtown' area are mostly from Lamont, Ca, which is 250mi NW of the Salton Sea, north of LA in Kern Cty near Bakersfield. Some are from Somis, Ca, which is also north of LA in Ventura, Cty, also nowhere near the Salton Sea. At least one location matches Fillmore, Ca, also in Ventura Cty.

Paleto Bay gets even more odd. The tram is Palm Springs Aerial Tramway, which is located northwest of the Salton Sea, and runs up San Jacinto, but not to the peak as in game. Some of the geography is very similar to Idyllwild, while the main drag is mostly buildings from Lamont, Somis, and Fillmore again. The police station is from Fillmore, while the church(same church all over the map just turned different ways) and liquor store are from Piru, Ca, also in Ventura Cty. None of these locations are anywhere near the sea. Some of the area geography is very similar to Big Sur, with Paleto Point being similar to both Point Sur and Point Conception, both hundres of miles from Palm Springs and Ventura Cty.

Does this make it any clearer? :lol:

Going back to my opening paragraph, what you identify these places as depends on how you define what criteria used to create such identity. Geography, buildings and structures, road layout, relative location to known landmarks? What takes more precedent in the decision? It is tough to answer. There is not simple answer for many of them, without leaving out many references in many locations. I, personally, have something near 500 in game locations identified and researched. This is what created the bases for the tours that I have hosted, and understanding the relationship between these places and the game map is one of the things that makes the game enjoyable for me.

You could call Sandy Shores Bombay Beach, Mecca, Desert Shores, and perhaps a few others; and you wouldn't be wrong. You could call Grapeseed Idyllwild, almost any town in the Imperial Valley, or even parts of Ventura Cty and not really be wrong. You could call Paleto Big Sur, Palm Springs, or possibly even parts of Santa Barbara Cty and not be entirely wrong. It could depend upon which street you are standing on, or building you are in front of, or bridge you are crossing.

Anyway, I go into a lot more detail on the specific places in some of the tours. If these types of things are of interest, stop by one of them.
May be a long read but I read it. The wealth of information that is Marcus Garvey 👍 :cheers:

I like hanging around the Grapeseed area and the LS Customs up north. Especially when it rains, hit up that construction site just south off the LS Customs and tear it up. Some good old muscle car mud slides :lol:

Oh I gave up chasing money in this game.

Been chilling with @Marcus Garvey and the crew. Hanging out, offroading, sailing, flying, etc.

I've hit the "🤬 it" point :lol: so I just chill with my cars.

Also, @Marcus Garvey , I realised I dont own a mountain bike and bought one today. If you guys are down for some mountain biking:D

I'm going for a quick drive to blow some steam and I'll be back in an hour or so if you guys are still online.
Its not the money chase. Not to say I dont, but it would be nice that when I do, I actually get paid. a half hour is a lot of time to invest for a father/full time worker/student/home owner. That is actually a half hour that probably shouldnt have even been spent playing a game.
I am guessing that you play on console, so most of your experience is probably not near as bad as it is on PC. Once you get more than maybe 10 people in a room, there is a 90% chance it is all about to go to hell. The room itself can become unstable and begin to lag. Load times are ridiculous, even off an SSD, I couldnt imagine how long it would be with spun disk. Then we get to the player base. One or more of those people are trolls, and you are their next victim, and or someone is a modder. That lot typically being the worst of them all. its not uncommon to have someone teleport every player into one spot and kill them all. Its also not uncommon for the whole room to be blown up in their vics, the have the ability to shoot or get into a vic locked out. And there are of course more ways to wreck a lobby. Hopping to a new lobby is what I typically do, but then, there is probably a 30% chance that the game is going lock up during the transition, higher if you are moving because of a modder or lag issues.
R* is way to slow in implementing protections against modding and hacking and their systems against it honestly suck. Smaller studios such as Facepunch (Rust) and Gaijin (WarThunder) do a way better job at keeping their games fairly clean of such issues, yet R* seems to only give a damn when they got new content to launch and wanna get the most profit out of it.

I've been under the impression that last-gen and PC are pretty much unplayable.
Hit and miss on last gen. I've been in lobbies that have never been touched by the usual garbage on the 3, and others were DOA the moment I spawned in. Lately its been a lot more miss than hit, but I really haven't had issues for the most part of the game.

Worth noting (full disclosure even though I've said this before) since modders are being discussed here that I do usually play with a modder on the 3 (my crew leader, though none of his tags on his jailbroken system are registered as crew members). Playing with a modder still won't completely save you from the idiots because all it takes is either one butthurt douchebag (typically one with a modded account) to bring in their modder or a random modder spawning in the lobby and all hell breaks loose, and my crew doesn't even have to be the one that gets it to that point.

Normally I just have my crew leader look at any suspicious names and have him think about it (he knows how to identify a modder better than I can since he is one himself). I also keep vigilant and look for obvious telltale signs (Boat driving on land in the middle of the city or a flying car can be a dead giveaway). If a guy goes from no stats at all to max in an instant, it's also a telltale sign of a modder. A couple days ago, we had a modder driving an Insurgent. His giveaway was that the symbol highlighting it wasn't there and his dot looked like he was driving a normal car. If a modder leaves people alone, we let them be. If they decide to be assholes, my crew leader runs to their location to stall them.

I spotted a few of them myself and assumed others were modders and wound up being right. Even with my track record of highlighting them (been very accurate lately), they still slip through the cracks and I find myself getting blown up even with a modder there to protect me from time to time. It's just a part of being on past gen consoles or the PC. You play there, you know a modder could make your life a living hell, you still play anyway because it's the console you choose to play.

Hit and miss on last gen. I've been in lobbies that have never been touched by the usual garbage on the 3, and others were DOA the moment I spawned in. Lately its been a lot more miss than hit, but I really haven't had issues for the most part of the game.

Worth noting (full disclosure even though I've said this before) since modders are being discussed here that I do usually play with a modder on the 3 (my crew leader, though none of his tags on his jailbroken system are registered as crew members). Playing with a modder still won't completely save you from the idiots because all it takes is either one butthurt douchebag (typically one with a modded account) to bring in their modder or a random modder spawning in the lobby and all hell breaks loose, and my crew doesn't even have to be the one that gets it to that point.

Normally I just have my crew leader look at any suspicious names and have him think about it (he knows how to identify a modder better than I can since he is one himself). I also keep vigilant and look for obvious telltale signs (Boat driving on land in the middle of the city or a flying car can be a dead giveaway). If a guy goes from no stats at all to max in an instant, it's also a telltale sign of a modder. A couple days ago, we had a modder driving an Insurgent. His giveaway was that the symbol highlighting it wasn't there and his dot looked like he was driving a normal car. If a modder leaves people alone, we let them be. If they decide to be assholes, my crew leader runs to their location to stall them.

I spotted a few of them myself and assumed others were modders and wound up being right. Even with my track record of highlighting them (been very accurate lately), they still slip through the cracks and I find myself getting blown up even with a modder there to protect me from time to time. It's just a part of being on past gen consoles or the PC. You play there, you know a modder could make your life a living hell, you still play anyway because it's the console you choose to play.

I would love to see footage of you guys fighting modders, but I worry that your accounts will get suspended by Sony.

Dan
I would love to see footage of you guys fighting modders, but I worry that your accounts will get suspended by Sony.
Not really worth watching. All that usually happens is two modders circle one another in god mode shooting aimlessly. When one gets bored of that, it's either blow up the lobby till they lag out, spawn items till they lag out, or someone gets ddosed (seems like a good chunk of them have booters).

Now the modded accounts that usually lead to the modders coming in, on the other hand, that's where the fun is because that turns into who can improvise the most with the cheating and countercheating. I really loved doing that on my account linked to GTP since it is a legit account and also because the most entertaining sessions are the people that get slaughtered by non modded accounts since they theink their modded accounts make them untouchable. The one thing they hate more than dying in general is dying to someone that doesn't use a modded account. I just started playing my modded one lately simply for the ability to have an easier time countering the majority of modded account users and the tricks employed by them.

So... I just came across a frozen money glitch (go to the sinful place, first page, can't miss it). Really hard to hit, but now I have a nice pack of X80s and I estimate that I'll end up just shy of 14 million. :D

Who needs shark cards?

So... I just came across a frozen money glitch (go to the sinful place, first page, can't miss it). Really hard to hit, but now I have a nice pack of X80s and I estimate that I'll end up just shy of 14 million. :D

Who needs shark cards?
I heard someone talking about that. He said it's super hard to hit and the work arounds seem to be getting harder.

Last edited:
Well, I just hit it again the exact same way as I did 10 hours ago. Today I have obtained:
  • 9.8 million, bringing me up to 13.4
  • A maxed Rogue
  • A maxed Starling
  • A maxed Molotok
  • An RE-7B
  • An FMJ
  • A Vagner
  • An X80 I'm keeping
  • $12960000 worth of X80s still waiting to be sold

Well, I just hit it again the exact same way as I did 10 hours ago. Today I have obtained:
  • 9.8 million, bringing me up to 13.4
  • A maxed Rogue
  • A maxed Starling
  • A maxed Molotok
  • An RE-7B
  • An FMJ
  • A Vagner
  • An X80 I'm keeping
  • $12960000 worth of X80s still waiting to be sold
Its that the one you need a buddy to do?

Finally saved enough money to buy a weaponized Tampa :)

Only to find out I need to buy a workshop in my Mobile Operations Center (which is an additional $955,000) to even be able to modify it :ouch:

Today sees the online arrival of the Mammoth Mogul for 3.1 million

Born a less functional Tula, the Mogul plays a small niche role in aircraft should anyone (and two others) want to ride in their own light WWII bomber. Its not too shabby in agility, but the real power in air combat comes with the fully rotatable overhead gun turret.

Sales:

T20
APC
Aircraft upgrades

Possibly targeted:

Nightshark
Rhino
AA Gun

Double $$ and RP:

Select "Ron" contact missions
Stockpile Adversary Mode

Last edited:
I'm enjoying the Mogul. It's pretty agile and has a decent set of weapons. The turret can rotate a full 360° but only raises up about 45° so it leaves the Mogul vulnerable from directly above and below.

Fully upgraded it costs about 3.2 million (with the trade price)

For multi millionaire collectors I highly recommend it. For those with limited money and/or limited plane interest it's not essential. Keep your money for something else.

I really like it.
1507048712422.png

Last edited:
I'm feeling a meh for the Mogul for me. The new aircraft in days ahead (except the Pyro) are, in my eyes, just plane better.

*booing sounds*

Anyways, the new adversary mode looks nice. Capture the flag with fighter planes sounds like a nice profitable way to practice dogfighting, especially with the double money.

http://rsg.ms/a7adcbf

all of Ron's Contact Missions are dishing out Double GTA$ & RP through the 9th,

• Hangar Workshop – 25% off
  • Engine Upgrades (all vehicles) – 25% off
  • Armor Upgrades (all vehicles) – 25% off
  • Aircraft Handling Upgrades – 25% off
  • Aircraft Weapons Upgrades – 25% off
  • Flight and Air Racing Suits – 25% off
When you're done tearing holes in the clouds, this trio of discounts will help you stay untouchable on the ground:

• Mobile Operation Center Cabs – 25% off
  • APC – 25% off (both Buy it Now & Trade Price)
  • Progen T20 (Super) – 25% off

When was the last time any of you guys have used an ATM in-game? I can only remember using it once, maybe twice, in the early months of Online before exclusively using my phone for everything.

:lol:

Another one of those things I often do such as stopping at traffic lights and stop signs is that I primarily use the ATMs for banking rather than my phone. After a while you know where they are, but anyone can locate them easily by using the "Quick GPS" feature in the select menu.

:lol:

Another one of those things I often do such as stopping at traffic lights and stop signs is that I primarily use the ATMs for banking rather than my phone. After a while you know where they are, but anyone can locate them easily by using the "Quick GPS" feature in the select menu.

What properties do you own, out of curiosity.

What properties do you own, out of curiosity.

That's a question I had to look up the answer! :lol:

My main character currently resides under various circumstances at the following;

Eclipse Towers 31
Eclipse Towers 40
Weazel Plaza 101
2868 Hillcrest Ave
2113 Mad Wayne Thunder Dr
2044 North Conker Ave
Yacht - Various

My Corporate Enterprise includes locations at;

Lombank West Office and 3 garages
Great Chaparral Clubhouse
Chumash Bunker
Fort Zancudo Hangar 3499