GTA Online Thread (Useful Links in OP)

• Thread starter dhandeh
  • 42,329 comments
That's a question I had to look up the answer! :lol:

My main character currently resides under various circumstances at the following;

Eclipse Towers 31
Eclipse Towers 40
Weazel Plaza 101
2868 Hillcrest Ave
2113 Mad Wayne Thunder Dr
2044 North Conker Ave
Yacht - Various

My Corporate Enterprise includes locations at;

Lombank West Office and 3 garages
Great Chaparral Clubhouse
Chumash Bunker
Fort Zancudo Hangar 3499
El Burro Hgts Vehicle Warehouse/special vehicle garage
Wholesale Furniture/Cypress Flats warehouse
West Vinewood Backlot warehouse
Morningwood Coke Lockup
Mt Chiliad/Paleto Weed Farm

I think that's it.

I'm surprised you don't have more obscure properties.

Some of the "Gems" I own include:
  • 0232 Paleto Boulevard - Yeah it's beat to ****, but it's in downtown PB! Can't say that about the stilt houses! 2 car garage is a bummer.
  • 870 Route 68 Approach - Way out in the desert, which is perfect for all of the offroad cars I keep there.
  • 2000 Great Ocean Highway - Best views in the game. Too bad it's just a garage and you can't actually see out. I keep my Comet's here for cruises down the coast
  • Great Chaparral Clubhouse - Best motorcycle club location IMO.
I also have a Penthouse, a high end apartment, and a stilt apartment. But everybody has those. No Yacht, Bunker, Hanger, or anything mega expensive for me. I'm poor.

Completely meant to do this.

Not a fan of that plane though, handling felt incredibly twitchy and I'm not sure if it was just this game mode but if it's just machine gun fire then I don't think it'll hold it's ground much IMO.

I'm surprised you don't have more obscure properties.

Some of the "Gems" I own include:
  • 0232 Paleto Boulevard - Yeah it's beat to ****, but it's in downtown PB! Can't say that about the stilt houses! 2 car garage is a bummer.
  • 870 Route 68 Approach - Way out in the desert, which is perfect for all of the offroad cars I keep there.
  • 2000 Great Ocean Highway - Best views in the game. Too bad it's just a garage and you can't actually see out. I keep my Comet's here for cruises down the coast
  • Great Chaparral Clubhouse - Best motorcycle club location IMO.
I also have a Penthouse, a high end apartment, and a stilt apartment. But everybody has those. No Yacht, Bunker, Hanger, or anything mega expensive for me. I'm poor.

Up through the biker update I used to keep some of my other characters current such that I had every property available. The reason I had other characters to begin with was because of the limited garage space. When car shows were still going on, I kept several characters. As the need to have a diverse repertoire dwindled with the popularity of the shows and events, and the storage space available increased with 6 residences, biker garage, offices, etc, made the additional characters unnecessary; I stopped maintaining those characters.

Now, I just maintain my main character. I am a sucker for great views, so my options for unique properties are limited by my refusal to relinquish my in-town residences. My off-roading character, and others, have locations in Grapeseed, Sandy Shores, etc; but my main character has a specific set of properties for various reasons. My more focused characters have more 'appropriate' properties.

Probably the most questionable of my properties are my dual Eclipse residences. There are reasons for that, and most of my other properties, although I won't wall-o-text everyone even further with the particulars.

My favourite view from a property would probably be between Lombank West Garage 1, or the mod shop. I love and hate the window tint of the mod shop at various times. :lol:

I don't use many of my properties for their intended purpose, so some of them have locations that seem less than ideal. For example, since I don't have property in Paleto, my Farm is my hangout/safehouse in the area. I have not supplied or sold product from that business since the first month it was released. I pay an extra 4k or whatever every hour that I sign into my MC just so I have another cool place to drink beer and such. :lol: I have also kept my yacht moored off Paleto Bay for quite a while, although I should move that again.

Some properties are more for convenience and utility than what I would consider to be my favourite options. The Chumash bunker purchase, while not what I initially wanted; was settled upon due to proximity to my office and the highway. In grinding I would spend a lot of time at the office, so it made sense. I like the idea of a bunker feeling more authentic in a desert/rural/off the beaten path location rather than on the beach in Malibu(hahha) but it is a business and not a hangout. My Zancudo hangar was purchased for the similar reasons, although I prefer LAX. I may move that yet.

Other than idling watching television or the security cameras, I find I spend less time in my properties than I used to. Of the time I hang out inside; much is divided between my office, Eclipse, and the yacht.

If I did it over, or began a new character, I would probably stick to only a couple of properties. They would be small, outside of town, and I would not concern myself with the fake material world of GTA.

I’m thinking about getting a garage on the highway, or on Route 68. Any recommendations?

I have not kept up on these things, but assuming the "store ten cars in a 2 or 6 car garage" thing works, I've always liked the garage next to Neptune's Net/Hookies. When your options include smaller garages and homes, there are a lot of good options outside of town.

Last edited:
Dan
It would be nice if it could actually carry other vehicles, but that's never going to happen knowing R*.
There’s no reason to do so. The Cargobob does that, and it’s superior in every other regard other than weight (which is rendered null when carrying something).

Inb4 they add another useless contact and spam your phone with texts and unskippable calls.

I can forgive the other crap they do with each update, but phone contacts are valuable real estate that I do not like to waste.
Nothing like being in the middle of a fire fight and having LT call, losing the ability to shoot, and getting shot, all cause your dope ring needs supplies... yeah. Being able to block calls on the cell would be a more awesome update item than another weaponized car.

Even more ridiculous is the fact that I keep getting calls from Dom.

Dom dies during his Strangers and Freaks encounter in single-player. He shouldn’t even be alive past the Heists update.

Even more ridiculous is the fact that I keep getting calls from Dom.

Dom dies during his Strangers and Freaks encounter in single-player. He shouldn’t even be alive past the Heists update.

MP is set before SP, even after the Heists update.

Not necessarily anymore. With the Gunrunning update, Agent 14 mentions that it's currently 2017 during the intro cutscene. Even though the beginning of GTA:embarrassed: was set before the events of Single Player, at some point, the timeline jumped to after the main story.

Not necessarily anymore. With the Gunrunning update, Agent 14 mentions that it's currently 2017 during the intro cutscene. Even though the beginning of GTA:embarrassed: was set before the events of Single Player, at some point, the timeline jumped to after the main story.

I haven't played GTA since the Gunrunning update which probably explains why I haven't heard about that, but I think it's less likely to be confirmation that MP is now set after SP and more likely to be either confirmation that MP is set in an entirely different timeline to SP, or the most likely scenario which is that everyone at R* is so drunk on shark card funded vodka that they've forgotten that SP even exists.

Everything up to the heists update predates the main story. Everything between Heists and Import/Export is never clearly established, although it seems to be implied to take place afterwards. The vehicle missions in I/E (specifically the Union Depository robbery) either take place after the main story, or retcons it altogether. Gunrunning confirms that Online now takes place in present day.

Big news (for me, not you). This game, along with a couple of FPS's have pushed me towards getting a PS4. A choice made easier by the fact that GT S is looking really good and I am fiending to get back into some club racing.
Anyway. I find it unlikely I will buy this game a third time unless it comes at a really nice discounted price. More likely however, I'll catch you all again when RDR2 hits. Glad it's getting the online treatment. I think the wild west fits the average pub players mentality well.

Big news (for me, not you). This game, along with a couple of FPS's have pushed me towards getting a PS4. A choice made easier by the fact that GT S is looking really good and I am fiending to get back into some club racing.
Anyway. I find it unlikely I will buy this game a third time unless it comes at a really nice discounted price. More likely however, I'll catch you all again when RDR2 hits. Glad it's getting the online treatment. I think the wild west fits the average pub players mentality well.
If I had to offer a word of advice. Forget GTA even at a discounted price. Now that the PS3 transfer has stopped you would have to start from the beginning. The grind you'd face is monumental.

Like you said, Focus on GTS and RDR2

Leeisright.

In order to acquire all the stuff we go on about here, the grind would be take many months non-stop.

However, you can sustain a rather simple lifestyle easily, and if your friends have the goodies you can enjoy them as well. You can leave having to maintain ($) a hangar and bunker to your friends, and forego the MOC, and aircraft access that comes with it; then you don't need to grind supplies to feed the business to fund the crap you'll use once.

I posted a while back about starting over/having another character. Most of the things I enjoy most about the game are relatively cheap. Mountain biking, boating(the original vehicles are cheap,) wingsuiting, cruising in my Emperor, off-roading in my Rancher XL. You can have a lot of cheap fun in the game, but to do so you must let go of the materialistic nature of how the game sells itself.

You just have to set your expectations.

Leveling up and unlocking everything is incredibly time-consuming. Money/shark cards aren’t going to save you there.

You can still have fun with the game, but public lobbies are gonna suck more than usual.

A nice place to live, a few nice cars and you can still have fun. Access to your friends expensive toys and you can have even more fun.

Could I start again from lvl 1? No way. I have no patience.

Back