GTA Online Thread (Useful Links in OP)

• Thread starter dhandeh
  • 42,329 comments

This is very heartening:
we still love single-player open-world games more than anything.

I've been a bit worried that the enormous success of GTA-O would jeopardize the future of single player rockstar creations.

The fact that new copies of GTA-V are still selling for $60 FOUR YEARS after original release (I picked up a new copy of Mass Effect Andromeda for $20 recently, for comparison) is testament to the quality of experience it still offers.

Last edited:
Talking about the part on where they talk about people criticizing the DLCs, I feel like their response didn't answer some of the more important issues, like why do they keep making this game harder to earn money and why we have to be in public sessions in order to do the more serious money making stuff like Import / Export and special cargo missions?
I understand since they're making free DLCs they have to make profit so they have to make the vehicles expensive or using different tactics to get people to buy shark cards but they couldn't make the grind a bit more easier? Or at least not make it to where we have to play in public lobbies to do sales for our bunkers or vehicle

Thats the issue when a game is so popular, the community is so broad and diverse that they cannot possibly please everyone and generally the negative voices are the loudest. No matter how they design the game, it will divide the community in some way.

koolaid.gif

Thats the issue when a game is so popular, the community is so broad and diverse that they cannot possibly please everyone and generally the negative voices are the loudest. No matter how they design the game, it will divide the community in some way.
Yes indeed and I feel like this is starting to become a big issue with the majority of the community for the more popular games. I remember last week, one of my friends was talking about For Honor about how the community literally complained about everything being too op to the point where they ended up having only one character that was superior to everyone else.

Is there anyone at Rockstar that visits communities dedicated to GTA that lean on the more positive side like GTAForums *even though GTAForums shares a fair bit of crybabies, the moderators at least do have a functioning brain there and are helpful* or the GTA Online subreddit instead of leaning on the support page from people who beg for rockstar to unban them after he or she was literally using hacks on GTA and shares them with the dev team? Because I don't think we need more griefer toys. What we need the most is at least a nerf for the Hydra and the Lazer and increase the time it takes to deliever stuff on sale missions for gunrunning, mc business and smugglers run because the time it takes to do them solo with full product is impossible. Heck I saw the GTA Online sub Reddit made even more interesting suggestions like the idea of some kind of WW2 light tank which would be cool to see.

Rockstar needs to stop appealing to their five year old fanbase. I do appreciate them for appealing to the creator community as for me being a dedicated race maker and giving us new stuff to come up with interesting ideas for races but they won't listen to the intelligent community? :nervous:

That's a bummer that they felt Single Player had reached its potential. It would've been nice if they shared this info a year or so ago. I don't know how the GTA V SP DLC thread on GTAForums has kept going on nothing but rumors and hints.

Not sure what you mean by this.
What I meant was they care more for the toxic players since the majority of this game's community consists of immature 13 year olds who's first GTA game was probably V. Why do you think they reward players for blowing people's cargo up by increasing the value? Why do the characters encourage you to interrupt a rival organization's business?

Maybe that's just me for laughing too much at how bad the community is but that's just what I think.

What I meant was they care more for the toxic players since the majority of this game's community consists of immature 13 year olds who's first GTA game was probably V. Why do you think they reward players for blowing people's cargo up by increasing the value? Why do the characters encourage you to interrupt a rival organization's business?

Maybe that's just me for laughing too much at how bad the community is but that's just what I think.

Multiplayer is supposed to be competitive. Of course you get rewarded for sabotaging the competition. How could it possibly be any other way? It's what criminal gangs do.
Must be mind numbing for R* to read through the garbage posts that the community churn out so I have some sympathy for them.

I do wish we could have a little bit of control over the public lobby experience. Perhaps there could be a griefer rating system (say killing non-hostile players with a massively unfair advantage, such as a Hydra vs a Stirling GT) that would gradually relegate those griefers to separate lobbies. This would be analogous to iRacing's safety rating or whatever the equivalent in GT Sport is. The amount of grief-rating assigned would be directly proportional to the disproportion of the grief. A sniper shot to a player walking around wouldn't be as asymmetrical as basically an orbital strike from a Savage, for instance. This obviously wouldn't apply to missions like supply runs, but it would potentially keep some of the real annoying players out.

Another idea that I thought of was to limit in-lobby vehicles and weapons to some reasonable set. No armed aircraft or armed/armored vehicles for instance. No miniguns. No heat seaking missiles. I sometimes think the game would be a lot more fun online if everyone just had small arms and it was actually difficult/required skill to take out somebody trying to flee.

As it is now, I don't even bother with public lobbies because it's just a slaughter-fest.

Last edited:
I think my main complaint with how they've handled online is that they abandoned including the content added in online updates in the single player experience. It could not have been that difficult to have continued to include it given they were doing it before, so the fact they did that makes it pretty clear they're trying to get every cent they can out of the shark cards and keep people doing online. It sucks for someone such as myself who doesn't want to participate in the grind or has the time for it but still wants to enjoy some of that content, particularly the cars. Granted I can just jump over to the Horizon games and get a similar experience, though there's aspects of GTA V's map and content that are unique that I'd like to enjoy with the additional updates. It has kept me from staying involved in the game as much.

On the positive side a lot the updates for races were awesome and in terms of an arcade style racing experience. Stunt races, the tron events, and most recently the transformer races added a truly unique experience, and honestly the stunt races in GTA V feel a lot better to do as opposed to things such as FH3's Hot wheels update.

I think my main complaint with how they've handled online is that they abandoned including the content added in online updates in the single player experience. It could not have been that difficult to have continued to include it given they were doing it before, so the fact they did that makes it pretty clear they're trying to get every cent they can out of the shark cards and keep people doing online. It sucks for someone such as myself who doesn't want to participate in the grind or has the time for it but still wants to enjoy some of that content, particularly the cars. Granted I can just jump over to the Horizon games and get a similar experience, though there's aspects of GTA V's map and content that are unique that I'd like to enjoy with the additional updates. It has kept me from staying involved in the game as much.

On the positive side a lot the updates for races were awesome and in terms of an arcade style racing experience. Stunt races, the tron events, and most recently the transformer races added a truly unique experience, and honestly the stunt races in GTA V feel a lot better to do as opposed to things such as FH3's Hot wheels update.
Agreed 100%. I still wonder if a reason they also stopped was due to the lack of testing; one of those last updates Single Player got brought a lot of bugs and I don't recall if Rockstar ever got around to fixing them. I just know after that, the MP updates stopped carrying over once the Heist expansion arrived.

There are so many things from GTA IV that could be implemented with such ease it makes my head spin. For example: friendly fire-OFF lobbies, Cops & Crooks, and lobbies without police or traffic.

Another idea that I thought of was to limit in-lobby vehicles and weapons to some reasonable set. No armed aircraft or armed/armored vehicles for instance. No miniguns. No heat seaking missiles. I sometimes think the game would be a lot more fun online if everyone just had small arms and it was actually difficult/required skill to take out somebody trying to flee.

I like this idea, and to expand upon it, start every player with a pistol and let them collect weapons/ammo around the map. Also, limit one gun for each class. It's pointless to have every gun in your arsenal since the advantages from rifle to rifle and pistol to pistol are so minor.

For anyone that is wondering, nothing new has been released today because incase you forgot, the current event doesn't end ti'll this Thursday.

Tomorrow the event ends. So since Halloween is next week, there's a chance we'll get the Vigilante tomorrow which seems like a possibility because rumor has it, it's been leaked that it would get released tomorrow. If not, then I'm hoping we get the cyclone or hunter at least and we'll have to wait ti'll next Tuesday since next Tuesday is Halloween for batman to start his vacation in Los Santos for Tryhard hunting in his bat mobile. :P

In other words, once I'm done grinding for the Vigilante, I'm going to take a break from GTA and spend more time on GTS. It took me a while to grind for the pyro and now that I have to grind for another vehicle that costs over 3 million which except this time, will possibly be out for a limited time, the pokemon fan needs to take maybe a week's break away from GTA Online or at least grinding for hours.

Last edited:
Today's Thursday. I still see 2X Cash and RP running for Transform Races and Lamar missions as well as the discounts with no new vehicle in sight and I believe Rockstar usually ends the events around 5:00 AM or sometime around that. Perhaps they're ending it later in the afternoon?

Bought both the Albany and Dundreary Virgo today. Both are great for cruising, and I'm even more pleased to know that both cars fall under the muscle car class :D

The Vigilante is out for 3.75 million.

I am vengeance! I am the night! I am Batman! And you can be too, with the Vigilante: a hybrid of sorts to the Rocket Voltic, the Armored Boxville and the Ruiner 2000. While the car serves a niche purpose if you want to destroy APCs or the MOC, there's much fun in the ramming power and the much more available rocket boost.

Plus: the old Halloween vehicles are back. Discounts are spotted for them all.

Plus again: a new adversary mode that's now on double money and RP: Condemned.

Plus plus again: 25% discounts on vehicles, and Maze Bank foreclosures are 30% off.

And so the grind before Halloween begins.

You know there's one major problem I have with this community outside of the toxic griefing tryhards that grinds my gears. Keep in mind this is just my opinion. That is when people start whining about something that gets released. To be fair I could understand why they might be moaning about it considering the nature of the game, but half the time, it's always "Another overpriced piece of 🤬 thanks Rockstar!" or "2 million for this Supercar no thanks!" with no effort put into researching facts.

Ok so? Stuff are overpriced, they need to be toned down. Sure but that's not my point. The point is, just because something is overpriced doesn't mean it's bad. I could agree some stuff should be cheaper but take a look at the Pyro and the Shotaro for example. They're both overpriced but they feature some really awesome handling and the Shotaro has some of the best traction I have ever seen in this game IMO. Matter of fact, I personally think even without weapons, the Pyro would still be a good plane thanks to its crazy sharp handling. But no, i'd hear people complain saying the Pyro is crap because its over priced and it doesn't have explosive machine guns or good weaponry *isn't the machine guns very powerful though* and also that the shotaro is a waste because you can't use the trails in free mode which would make the bike OP.

And I'm not even done yet arguing about this as I haven't gotten to the worse part about this issue. In matter of fact, this moment is what started me having a grudge against whiners and moaners. So during the release of the Rapid GT Classic, I was on Reddit reading the news from a post, and for most of us, the Rapid GT Classic is a beautiful car, however on this post I read on reddit, many people were dissing the car and saying that they would rather have the Bombushka over the Rapid GT Classic, which isn't really a good plane. I could imagine later on, ironically when the people bought the Bombushka, they sold it in disappointment.

And also, a plane doesn't need to be weaponized to be good. I feel like the people that are like this are probably the same people that would rather have Rockstar add an entire update dedicated to weaponized vehicles. Not that I hate them but thats what I think.

Instant purchase of the Vigilante. I love it so far. A few things to note for those who may buy it....

• It's a personal vehicle
  • It is stored in a garage
  • It can only be modded in a moc
  • You can fit rockets to it
  • It has no cosmetic mods
  • It hates some kerbs
  • It only has primary paint
  • No wheel changes
  • Blows up with one oppressor rocket
  • It costs 20k insurance
  • It is a very considered purchase

Does anyone know if you get spam messages after buying a Clubhouse, but not a business? I thinking about getting one on my secondary character.

Does anyone know if you get spam messages after buying a Clubhouse, but not a business? I thinking about getting one on my secondary character.
I have a biker clubhouse but I haven't got any of the businesses. I don't get any phone calls.

I did get them at the start but not now.

Back