GTA Online Thread (Useful Links in OP)

• Thread starter dhandeh
  • 42,329 comments
Joined a lobby.. turns out it's a public lobby with about 4 other GTP members.. get disconnected and thrown into a full public lobby that has derailed into a full on war zone. Get blown to pieces before I can even hit "Join crew members" in the menu.

Missed you GTA....

I'm getting super tired of these Oppressor griefers. Sometimes now when I export a car I'll see one come swooping in and annihilate me, and simply fly away.

I'm getting super tired of these Oppressor griefers. Sometimes now when I export a car I'll see one come swooping in and annihilate me, and simply fly away.

It's interesting to see the evolution of vehicles used by "that asshole" we always encounter. From my perspective, the list goes something like this:
Adder
Lazer
Zentorno
Armored Kuruma
Hydra
Insurgent
X80
Oppressor

It's not the bikes fault. It's the Mentality of those try hard idiots who feel the need to wreck everyone's day.

I was alone in a lobby last night when some random entered. He immediately got on his oppressor then went into ghost organisation mode.

He had the letters COD in his name and he was wearing a bigness mask so the oppressor/ghost combo wasn't a suprise.

Anyway, saw him coming a mile away and I went passive as he approached.

Dan
Can someone explain the hype behind these? I can't see what is so appealing about them. They also seem to be used mostly by free roam griefers.
I think the masks would of been much better haven't they added the word bigness onto it. I could imagine if that was the case, I could use them to make some decent outfits such as assassin styled outfits, etc. But no, because Rockstar thinks they look better with words slapped onto it.

Someone should make one of those name generator things.

"What's your try hard gaming name"

It'd certainly contain the words:
Swag
Sniper
COD
Killer
Assassin
Boi
...and many more!

Swag
Sniper
COD
Killer
Assassin
Boi
...and many more!
Including: *
Body (any variant of the word)
Rocket
XX.....XX
Oppz/or Opps
Yolo
Hoe (I don't see may of these cryhards as I used to, but it was one of the defacto ones a while ago)
Boot

Not liable for any triggered cryhards because parts of their names get used in the try hard name generator from your post or mine.

Swag
Sniper
COD
Killer
Assassin
Boi
...and many more!

Including: *
Body (any variant of the word)
Rocket
XX.....XX
Oppz/or Opps
Yolo
Hoe (I don't see may of these cryhards as I used to, but it was one of the defacto ones a while ago)
Boot

Not liable for any triggered cryhards because parts of their names get used in the try hard name generator from your post or mine.

Don't forget the classic " -_- " face.

No new vehicle today. :/
Didn't the same thing also happened when they released the stunt race creator? If that's the case, rockstar usually doesn't add new vehicles when they release a big new mode like this rather than a new adversary mode.

*EDIT* Almost wanted to double post this since there hasn't been a new post for about 3 hours now but thought it would be a better idea to just put it into this one. So I hope I did the right decision.

Like usual, with every DLC being released on a Tuesday, that means I can't try it out until I get back home. However I watch MrBossFTW play the races. Yes I had to watch that YouTuber live stream it since I didn't feel like watching a non English speaking YouTuber try out the new races and trust me, for some reason, there wasn't really a lot of vids about the new transform races released today by English speaking YouTubers probably a blocking issue caused by my college but I don't know and damn, these new stunt races look impressive. You'd think that based on Rockstar's history with this game, they'd look dull and generic but holy crap, some of these ideas especially the get wrecked race feel like unexplored grounds here! *I get it, this is a new game mode we're talking about here with new props but I thought by now, someone would of done something that's half as good as what I'm seeing right now before.* Kudos Rockstar! 👍

Will update you guys again once I've finally tried out these new transform races so I can give out my full opinion on these races. Think I should start only posting my thoughts on something once I've tried it out.

Last edited:
http://rsg.ms/8e33823

Experience the chaotic and competitive nature of Transform Races with the added benefit of Double GTA$ & RP now through Thursday, October 26th. And look for more Rockstar Created Transform Races to be added later this fall, as well as the ability to concoct your own brand of madness with the Race Creator.

MASSIVE SMUGGLER'S RUN SALE AND MORE IN THIS WEEK’S BONUSES

Solidifying the benefit of having friends in low places, keep an eye on your iFruit for Lamar's Contact Missions, now paying out Double GTA$ & RP through October 26th. Plus, make the most of your illicit earnings with big discounts on the following Smuggler's Run aircraft, now through October 26th:

• LF-22 Starling – 25% off (both Buy it Now and Trade Price)
  • V-65 Molotok – 25% off (both Buy it Now and Trade Price)
  • Buckingham Alpha-Z1 – 25% off (both Buy it Now and Trade Price)
Legendary Motorsport is also getting in on the action this week, discounting a pair of popular Super cars:

• Grotti Visione – 25% off
  • Ocelot XA-21 – 25% off
And if you're looking to make a few tweaks to your new set of wings or wheels, be sure to take advantage of the following discounts:

• Engine Upgrades – 25% off
  • Turbo Upgrades – 25% off
  • Suspension Upgrades – 25% off
  • Handling Upgrades – 25% off

Last edited:
Guess its returning to normal on the PS3. By "normal", I mean an absolute horror show of the biggest douchebags the game has to offer. For starters:

4 different modders in my crews' lobby.

1 modder with a VPN repetedly DDoSed my modder offline until he got vote kicked out of the lobby.
1 modder repetedly teleported crew members away from our base until he got kicked out of the lobby by everyone else.
1 modder teleported to everyone else and killed them while he was in god mode. Vote kicked out of the lobby. Modder was present (not being DDoSed anymore) but was AFK when it happened.
1 I'm unsure of because I wasn't in the lobby and wasn't told what was going on.

Then, ironically when I joined, the lobby was dead. Shot at one guy that was so laggy he died 10 seconds after I shot him. Then some guy found a breach I never knew about and spent the remainder of my session trying to figure out the guy got in that breach. Got off a little later with some guy trying to supercar bomb me while I was in passive.

Had a go yesterday on the new transform races. First one I did was of course get wrecked and so far I have to say, the new stunt races are really good. I like how in plane sections you have to adjust the angle or rotation or whatever on your plane to go through certain checkpoints which add a bit of challenge to it and if you fail to do that, your plane slows down.

While Rockstar may have hired the right person to do the props for the races, there's one big flaw that kills Rockstar's transform races. The fact that they still haven't learned their lesson from the bad checkpoint placement that they had since Cunning Stunts. On get wrecked, the first checkpoint on the top section of the ship can easily be missed if you went too fast on the jump before it.

Last edited:
Considering reinstalling GTA to try out the new transform races, but I still need to get a wifi booster or I'll never be able to download it, let alone play online...

I have to say I really enjoy running my counterfeit doc business. Yeah, the profits are measly, but for now its a great change-up from mindlessly grinding headhunter & sight seer.

So recently I just became the owner of a pyro and I'm wondering, have they nerfed the machine guns or does it still remain unchanged?

Here's a fun challenge.

Sight-seer using a Taxi to reach the destinations. I only tried it once and failed. The driver took some really poor routes which cost probably 2-3 minutes of additional time. I was closing in on the 3rd package, about 1.5 miles away when time ran out. If you are fast enough, you can use the same cab between package pickups. Interestingly, doing sight-seer this way makes it actually feel like you are sight seeing. :lol:

At some point, I'm gonna try to complete a round on a bicycle.

When you exit the cab, hit the right directional on the d-pad and your character will make their only sound; a whistle to hail the cab again. Once you've hailed the cab and it parks, it will remain waiting for you indefinitely as long as you remain nearby. I've kept cabs waiting outside for long periods while I change clothes, drink beer, etc.

Back