GTA Online Thread (Useful Links in OP)

• Thread starter dhandeh
  • 42,329 comments
After a somewhat disappointing last week, guess what? THERE BE NEW CARS TO BUY AND SOME WAYS TO MAKE THE NECESSARY MONEY!

There be the Dominator GTX ($725,000) on SSA and Tyrant ($2,515,000) on LGM, discounts on many things and double-up on Stunt- Special Vehicle Races and CONTACT MISSIONS.

..who's up for playing some of the more interesting ones, make an overly elaborate plan for how to complete them and essentially make them mini-Heists?

Well I was planning to log in regardless, but getting an extra million for it is always nice.

Also, Treasure Hunt! That was a fun little bit of gameplay-infused-cross-promotion, and I still kind-of want to do something like that.

So I tried out the stunt race “Deluxo - Techno” for the first time by myself. With “So In Love” by Curtis Mayfield playing in the background on Blonded Los Santos, it felt like a religious experience. :lol:

"Keep an eye on your iFruit for money making opportunities"

From the announcement yesterday, is this a reference to your in-game phone or the app?

"Keep an eye on your iFruit for money making opportunities"

From the announcement yesterday, is this a reference to your in-game phone or the app?

R* Newswire update
Keep an eye on your iFruit for money making opportunities from some familiar faces or load up any Contact Mission using the in-game menu to earn Double GTA$ & RP through May 14th.

Stop trying to take things out of context in a manner that may spawn clickbait articles :P

That'll be the in-game phone, then.

Meanwhile in I-have-nobody-to-play-Contact-Missions-or-anything-else-with-it's-getting-late-and-I've-spent-three-hours-on-the-least-productive-thing-imaginable, has anyone seen the tweet R* made about the Tyrant being available and all - and have you seen the video clip?

Basically, in my pursuit to become more comfortable with the Editor, I decided I'd take some inspiration from the first part of that clip. And then it all sort of spiralled out of hand in a very Gran Turismo kind of way.

Do excuse the quality, this was all the everything would let me get away with today.

So yeah, if there's even the slightest chance I'm online, do feel free to send a message regardless of my displayed online status. I could use some distraction.

The Stromberg Chronicles

So between contract missions and doing bunker sales, I decided to relax with a buddy and ended up cruising around LS airspace in my Bombushka and then a lunatic in a Deluxo shot us down unprovoked (nothing new there then.:rolleyes:).

My buddy left afterwards as this was around 1am, but the Deluxo was just hovering not far from one of the universities so I broke out the “Boom from the Blue” anti hydra rifle and added another notch to its record, and another 10k insurance payout. :P

So he killed me and I got him back, should be the end right? Well apparently not in this guys case as he started chasing after me first in the deluxo and then a Stromberg after I called mine and went on a deep sea exhibition, that ended in a sub battle in which I survived and was now heading for my airport garage.

I noticed he was still after me in the Stromberg so I got ready to shoot him outside the garage as he charged at me, I got him, but I stood up when I should’ve ducked and his car pretty much took my head off. :lol:

At this point I was expecting him to get bored and go bother someone else, turns out he was just getting a bigger gun as he was still behind on kills at 3-2 and as soon as I saw him head to the hospital, my mind screamed “Jet inbound!! Prevent take off or seek shelter.”

I arrived a touch too late and he was airborne so I ducked into the multi-storey next to the impound to hide, what I didn’t notice till afterwards was a fellow crew member of his was in the area piloting an Akula and he was helping the hydra, but at the time I didn’t put two and two together on that.

Be honest, at around the 1:06 mark, did you notice the Akula? Because I sure as hell didn’t at the time. :D

After that, Ever wanted to sum up what blind panic driving looks like? there you go. :sly:

While it all ended well for me, it’s not the first time an Akula and Hydra tried to kill my Stromberg, but it was the first time they teamed up to do so. :lol:

First time a Hydra tried to kill my Stromberg..

And the first time a Akula tried it too.

So yeah, despite the fact the handbrake is pretty weak compared to other cars and it does get thrown about by explosions, the Stromberg is one I can definitely recommend for others to get. :)

Fast, armoured, potent machine guns, very good tracking missiles and is the only vehicle at the moment which can kill from underwater, can’t go wrong with it. 👍

The Stromberg Chronicles

So between contract missions and doing bunker sales, I decided to relax with a buddy and ended up cruising around LS airspace in my Bombushka and then a lunatic in a Deluxo shot us down unprovoked (nothing new there then.:rolleyes:).

My buddy left afterwards as this was around 1am, but the Deluxo was just hovering not far from one of the universities so I broke out the “Boom from the Blue” anti hydra rifle and added another notch to its record, and another 10k insurance payout. :P

So he killed me and I got him back, should be the end right? Well apparently not in this guys case as he started chasing after me first in the deluxo and then a Stromberg after I called mine and went on a deep sea exhibition, that ended in a sub battle in which I survived and was now heading for my airport garage.

I noticed he was still after me in the Stromberg so I got ready to shoot him outside the garage as he charged at me, I got him, but I stood up when I should’ve ducked and his car pretty much took my head off. :lol:

At this point I was expecting him to get bored and go bother someone else, turns out he was just getting a bigger gun as he was still behind on kills at 3-2 and as soon as I saw him head to the hospital, my mind screamed “Jet inbound!! Prevent take off or seek shelter.”

I arrived a touch too late and he was airborne so I ducked into the multi-storey next to the impound to hide, what I didn’t notice till afterwards was a fellow crew member of his was in the area piloting an Akula and he was helping the hydra, but at the time I didn’t put two and two together on that.

Be honest, at around the 1:06 mark, did you notice the Akula? Because I sure as hell didn’t at the time. :D

After that, Ever wanted to sum up what blind panic driving looks like? there you go. :sly:

While it all ended well for me, it’s not the first time an Akula and Hydra tried to kill my Stromberg, but it was the first time they teamed up to do so. :lol:

First time a Hydra tried to kill my Stromberg..

And the first time a Akula tried it too.

So yeah, despite the fact the handbrake is pretty weak compared to other cars and it does get thrown about by explosions, the Stromberg is one I can definitely recommend for others to get. :)

Fast, armoured, potent machine guns, very good tracking missiles and is the only vehicle at the moment which can kill from underwater, can’t go wrong with it. 👍

That first video was so damn satisfying to watch. 👍 👍

And given I got tagged by some of the hydra’s cannons, those 4 missiles could very well have taken me out, but alas. :P

I get the impression that a decent Stromberg driver is a good counter for Akula’s and Deluxos as it’s the near perfect middle ground, the Deluxo can dole out accurate rockets, but can’t take a single one back, the Akula can take some hits, but the accuracy of its tracking as shown doesn't ensure every rocket will hit the intended target, the Stromberg has both advantages for the most part.

I know this was a planned thing that was highly made aware of and all, but cue the "R* gave me money and I did next-to-nothing for it" theme regardless. Yes, that one.

Grand Theft Auto V_20180516170759.jpg

Not quite sure which day I missed, but hey, $1,150,000 is $1,150,000 I didn't have to grind for. Besides, Biker Businesses are on double, so the difference can easily be made up for.

I think the answer is in their wording;

Southern San Andreas is rewarding the entrepreneurial spirit of its citizens; whether you’re fresh off the plane at LSIA or a longstanding VIP, everyone who logs in to GTA Online this week will qualify for a state sponsored gift of GTA$250K. To keep your hustle running like clockwork, they’ll also slide you an additional GTA$150K for each subsequent day you log in to GTA Online this week, through May 14th. Earn over GTA$1,000,000 for participating every day. All bonus cash awards will be deposited into your Maze Bank account between May 15th and May 21st.

The way I read that is that the first day you log in during that week awards you $250k, then you are awarded $150k for each subsequent day that you login. If you logged in every day that's $250k+(6x150k) which gets you to the $1.15mil. Somewhat ambiguous language, but if you drill it down that is how I interpret it.

The way I read that is that the first day you log in during that week awards you $250k, then you are awarded $150k for each subsequent day that you login. If you logged in every day that's $250k+(6x150k) which gets you to the $1.15mil. Somewhat ambiguous language, but if you drill it down that is how I interpret it.

Southern San Andreas is rewarding the entrepreneurial spirit of its citizens; whether you’re fresh off the plane at LSIA or a longstanding VIP, everyone who logs in to GTA Online this week will qualify for a state sponsored gift of GTA$250K. To keep your hustle running like clockwork, they’ll also slide you an additional GTA$150K for each subsequent day you log in to GTA Online this week, through May 14th. Earn over GTA$1,000,000 for participating every day. All bonus cash awards will be deposited into your Maze Bank account between May 15th and May 21st.

Reading it all again, that - combined with the whole "over $1,000,000 = just enough over $1,000,000 to make that line true" logic R* likes so much - would explain it. The voice of reason and logic you are :lol:

Yeah, absent the word "subsequent" I would read that as $250k plus $150k for each day you login for a total of $1.3mil. The word "subsequent" simply modifies that to exclude the first day from the $150k bonus. Surprisingly or not so, interpretation of legal language is a major function of my profession.

:lol:

I received the 1.15 million. Bought the Tyrant, saw how big it was sold the tyrant. Lost 1.2 million on it.

So today I'm down about 300k! :}

Was there any sort of condition I was supposed to complete to get the cash? I logged in almost everyday last week and still haven't gotten any money.

Was there any sort of condition I was supposed to complete to get the cash? I logged in almost everyday last week and still haven't gotten any money.
If I recall, they've mentioned the cash would be rewarded between 15th to 21st of May, the bunch closer to the latter might just be unlucky.

As @CSMDuty11 says, R* have given themselves this entire event week to pay it out. Not quite sure if that's because they have to manually enter peoples' ID and bonus, but there we are.

If you still haven't got it by Tuesday, then there's grounds for complaints.

..given what happened last time..

Also this means the Silly Season has officially started for the next update, so watch your back on the wide web.

Last edited:
Back