GTA Online Thread (Useful Links in OP)

• Thread starter dhandeh
  • 42,329 comments
Can’t believe they’re able to charge that much for this “Premium Edition”. I mean £95 for what is basically a £60 value AT BEST. I really feel sorry for anyone who actually buys this extortionately priced crap.

Can’t believe they’re able to charge that much for this “Premium Edition”. I mean £95 for what is basically a £60 value AT BEST. I really feel sorry for anyone who actually buys this extortionately priced crap.

I don’t. Consumers need to do more research before dropping insane amounts of money on mediocre games and game packages.

That right there, is a solid case study on society in general.

When you give someone a chance to be anonymous this is what generally happens.

Dan
I don’t. Consumers need to do more research before dropping insane amounts of money on mediocre games and game packages.

Legally speaking, these consumers are moms aged between 40 and 50 that cave in after hearing their spoiled offsprings cry and whinge for the past two weeks.

No I don't have data to back up this ludicrous statement but I'm generalizing this off of what I've seen from my past two trips to EB Games recently.

Parents that don't really care about what their kids are playing, just get anything to shut them up. The same parents that get defensive when you confront them and ask if they understand what they're purchasing for their 8-12 year old offspring.

In other news, the Issi is fun :D

Last edited:
Killed this guy 5 or 6 times after he tried to kill me while I was minding my own business clothes shopping. He rage quit after he crashed his heli into one of those big power lines along the LS River.

PS_Messages_20180426_175921.jpg

Well, this guy clearly doesn't know that it is advantageous to play as a girl because the female characters have a smaller hitbox than the men do. Not that it matters because he clearly sucks at the game.

So apparently another huge banwave hit the PC version of GTA Online. Loads of people reporting being banned, cheaters and purists alike.

My brother is the luckiest 🤬 I know.

Apparently, a few hours ago, R* screwed up and a tunables update meant all the remaining dripfeeding was purchasable for a few minutes. Which.. well, an image says more than a thousand words, so here you go:

Grand Theft Auto V_20180427200356.jpg

(and yes, he's playing in german for reasons)

..I'm not going to lie, customising the Cheburek was the single best thing that's happened in both our lives. The fact that each cardboard part is only $100 and thus fully in keeping with the theme.. :lol:

And yes, he's reloaded the session and the 🤬 still has access to the ones he bought. Edit: ..though resetting his PS4 has removed them. It remains to be seen if they're actually removed or just disabled until their proper release. Still, he got to play around with them and be the man of the hour for a bit.

Last edited:
People on Reddit are saying Rockstar has turned any purchased dripfeeds invisible until they’re released (although you can use them in races).

Saw some people freaking out that they spent all their money and thought the cars were pulled afterwards. :lol:

My brother is the luckiest 🤬 I know.

Apparently, a few hours ago, R* screwed up and a tunables update meant all the remaining dripfeeding was purchasable for a few minutes. Which.. well, an image says more than a thousand words, so here you go:

View attachment 732691
(and yes, he's playing in german for reasons)

..I'm not going to lie, customising the Cheburek was the single best thing that's happened in both our lives. The fact that each cardboard part is only $100 and thus fully in keeping with the theme.. :lol:

And yes, he's reloaded the session and the 🤬 still has access to the ones he bought. Edit: ..though resetting his PS4 has removed them. It remains to be seen if they're actually removed or just disabled until their proper release. Still, he got to play around with them and be the man of the hour for a bit.
Hearing this makes me want to add your brother on PSN. lol

Also is it possible if your brother could confirm if its true about what @McLaren said that you could still use the cars in races?

is it possible if your brother could confirm if its true about what @McLaren said that you could still use the cars in races?

1: He can't be bothered
2: I really don't care nor have the means
3: What does it matter anyway at this point? Surely the more pressing issue is whether the cars were "taken away" or just disabled, which, if everything goes to plan, may be found out today.

Speaking of R* messing up and nobody else picking up on it, apparently said tunables update also let slip of at least one detail on the not-quite-as-purely-theoretical-anymore next update:

Now, I'm no expert on the inner workings of the tunables, but.. a function like "ENABLE_*item name here*=true" existing does seem to suggest:

1: There is actually a new update coming
2: There'll be a something-or-other (probably a vehicle of some sort) with the model name "TERBYTE" - and before everyone goes all fancypants on this, according to literally every single credible source, that's all the evidence we have of such a thing right now
3: More glorious dripfeeding because people are still playing GTA occationally

I spent some time observing a high level try hard earlier. Very interesting creatures they are

He would throw a sticky bomb on the floor before engaging in a PvP battle with players (he was a Grenade Launcher and RPG spammer). The second anyone got a hit on him he would detonate the sticky.

On spawning back in his first action again was to drop a sticky down. If he moved a few feet during his grenade spamming he would drop a sticky in his new location.

Another thing he was doing was blowing himself up immediately after he killed someone. It was an interesting watch. I got tired just watching him.

I spent some time observing a high level try hard earlier. Very interesting creatures they are

He would throw a sticky bomb on the floor before engaging in a PvP battle with players (he was a Grenade Launcher and RPG spammer). The second anyone got a hit on him he would detonate the sticky.

On spawning back in his first action again was to drop a sticky down. If he moved a few feet during his grenade spamming he would drop a sticky in his new location.

Another thing he was doing was blowing himself up immediately after he killed someone. It was an interesting watch. I got tired just watching him.
Most members of my crew including the modder I tend to talk about get leery when we see that in PS3 lobbies. They are actually easy to kill with good aim (especially with rockets or shooting the sticky or gangbanging them like we tend to do) (or using one shot kill in the case of the modder if he starts engaging the person), but its one of the most annoying things to fight against. That tactic alone is a surefire signal that we will be dealing with modders on PS3 lobbies because:
1. It's a telltale sign of a cryhard.
2. 1 cryhard quickly becomes multiple.
3. One cryhard eventually gets butthurt at being killed by other cryhards and calls in modder.
4. Modder destroys lobby until either vote kicked by lobby or DDoSed offline by random with a booter.
5. Dead lobby until cycle repeats.

I'm normally pretty good at PvP but I can't imagine how that works. You'd spend so much time throwing stickies down that you wouldn't have time to shoot anyone. I would be interested in watching someone try it, though.

I'm normally pretty good at PvP but I can't imagine how that works. You'd spend so much time throwing stickies down that you wouldn't have time to shoot anyone. I would be interested in watching someone try it, though.
I'm awful at PvP. It takes me ages to aim at someone. This guy had it down to the millisecond. It was seemless really.

Spawn > Sticky > shoot > suicide and repeat.

Basically he was doing it as fast as it is possible to do so. Well, A lot faster than I could do it. Might not seem fast to some players but to me it wore me out. I couldn't be bothered with it all personally.

I'm not actually sure how much fun he was having as it all seemed a bit hectic and he was desperate not to be killed. Like his actual life depended on it.

Last edited:
It actually isn't that hard to do that technique. I'm "average" on PS3 (hard to judge skill when everyone cheats) and am pretty decent with that trick even though I hardly use it. I just find it both boring to do and overly pussified, so I only use it when going up against people that use that tactic. It really comes down to timing the weapon switches and leaving the handheld explosives set on stickys to be effective with it.

In a cruel taste of irony, I was playing on my legit non modded account (the PSN linked to GTP) and got killed by more modders on it in one night than I have on my modded account in 2 weeks. I think it was because that account holds a 1.76 kd on the PS3 and everyone else in that lobby for the most part was piss negative. It felt nice killing people without the modded roll or fast run or reduced recoil that my modded account has when I wasn't targeted by modders, though. :lol:

Back