GTA Online Thread (Useful Links in OP)

• Thread starter dhandeh
  • 42,329 comments
Also, might as well make a quick sidenote.
latest

Yeah they're pretty much messing with us at this point. though it also shouldn't be long until someone names their ZR380 a JB 700.

Nah, they probably just forgot it existed.
Hard to forget it existed when they copypasted the hood off of it onto the ZR380 as a modification, I've put the pictures up for a reason.
Even the textures of the model state it's the JB 700's when I've looked into it via OpenIV :lol:

"Hey, remember that weaponised car we did for the base game? The one I've forgotten the name of but it has permanently visible machine guns despite being a James Bond vehicle and us subsequently showing on several occations that we're capable of making things pop in and out of cars?"

"Yes, what about it? Do you want me to finally fix the thing?"

"Nah, I just want you to rip the hood off of it and plaster it onto the ZR380 as a modification."

"But.."

"JUST DO IT ALREADY OR YOU'RE ON A HUNDRED-HOUR SHIFT NEXT WEEK"

I'm gonna take a guess and say it might be as simple as a vehicle artist/modeler just looking through existing assests rather than taking the time to make new ones.

Forgive me if I'm completely blind but the ZR380 base model isn't in the game, which is bad because I really wanted a 350Z :(

Forgive me if I'm completely blind but the ZR380 base model isn't in the game, which is bad because I really wanted a 350Z :(
That is correct, for some reason they didn't bother to make a stock ZR380 despite the Impaler getting one. Probably inconsistent vehicle development ideas from developers.
Though now, PC Users, unofficially of course, happen to have https://www.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/annis-zr380-pack-add-on-tuning as well, but I think I should mention that I'm not the biggest fan of how they've gone about the lights.

Last edited:
When GTA gets a SEMA GT Awards winner before GT does. Inb4 a flood of comments about the model quality and all that.

Also, according to the usual sources, the Itali GTO drops tomorrow. Which sort of begs the question of whether that's the only "extra" car dropping this holiday season. Hey, I'll take anything that speeds up the release of the Deviant.

Okay, one thing I will say for Arena War (aside from the events being pretty fun if you get a good lobby) is that the Sasquatch is REALLY fun to smash into traffic with! That thing does not slow down a bit unless you hit a semi truck or something, it's like I'm traffic checking in Burnout Revenge except I can even do it into oncoming traffic.

It's a shame that its only real way of dealing damage in Arena War (aside from knocking people into hazards) is crushing other cars, which is nearly impossible with a ram/scoop attached, though thankfully it pays back dividends in modes like flag rush where you can just plow through any defenders trying to stop you.

Last edited:
Remember to pick up your free Insurgent Pick-Up if you haven't got it already. I know by now it's outdated but it's always nice getting free stuff.

..there was the Up-N-Atomizer - which, going forward, will somehow be used as an excuse for the Stun Gun never making it to Online because that's just how R* Logic rolls - but in terms of the content most people are looking forward to, no.

There is a second chance when they go to turn the snow off, but it's unlikely. That, and given that it's basically confirmed that the remaining new weapons will be coming on Tuesday meaning R* has that one covered already, I'd expect new vehicles no earlier than the 15th.

Personally, I'm also looking forward to the Creator update people with magic superpowers have discovered came with this update being activated. Given what it all contains, however, I'd expect *that* no earlier than March. Which is a shame, because being able to create your own RC Bandito races sounds like something I want to get involved with. If only you could place stationary cars in the race creator..

I got a PS4 for Christmas so I'm back playing GTA and Online again. It seems as though starting on the PS4 version of the game this late you're at a severe disadvantage. The calls and texts to buy a high end apartment, bunker, nightclub and all that are getting annoying. Is there a way I could get a lot of money flowing quickly other than grinding the double RP + money events? I'd much prefer no shark card help.

If there is I may not be seeing it since I'm new. And if not then no worries since I find the Arena War events a lot of fun.

I got a PS4 for Christmas so I'm back playing GTA and Online again. It seems as though starting on the PS4 version of the game this late you're at a severe disadvantage. The calls and texts to buy a high end apartment, bunker, nightclub and all that are getting annoying. Is there a way I could get a lot of money flowing quickly other than grinding the double RP + money events? I'd much prefer no shark card help.

If there is I may not be seeing it since I'm new. And if not then no worries since I find the Arena War events a lot of fun.

If you want IMMEDIATE cash, get a high-end apartment and get the heists done. The cheapest high-end apartment is just $200k, which you can get relatively easily by grinding double money events. You'll need a bit of money to set up the heists themselves but it's definitely worth doing them, as even aside from the actual payouts you'll get $100k for the first time you complete each finale, and then a cool extra $1 mil for doing all of them in order. There's also a loyalty bonus of $1 mil for doing all of them with the same crew, though at this point you may be hard-pressed finding people to help now that there's more efficient money-making schemes.

Speaking of money-making schemes, the reason I bring the heist challenges up is because doing them should help you raise enough money to invest into Import/Export, which IIRC is currently regarded as the best way of making money ingame. There's a big $2.5mil investment for a CEO office and a vehicle warehouse (without discounts), but at its peak you can make a little under $300k per hour pretty consistently. You'll need to buy the aforementioned office and vehicle warehouse, then aim to fill your warehouse up with nothing but standard and mid-range cars - sell any top-range cars that end up in your warehouse ASAP, as the end goal is to reach a point where you're guaranteed to source top-range cars whenever you want to make some money. Once your warehouse is full, you can source a car, do some VIP work in the meantime for a cool $20k, then sell the car for $80k.

I think there's some more optimized grinding strategies out there, but those often require gargantuan investments of both time and money. I/E is also, to my knowledge, the only method that can be done completely solo - other methods often involve sell missions that can sometimes only be completed by two or even three people. I lost $500k the other day because I decided to sell my gunrunning supplies solo, and ended up being unlucky enough to get a mission that would be tricky to complete in the time limit with two people (let alone just one).

CEO office is the most critical investment, IMO, as it allows you to do VIP grinding whenever you want. The fact that you can do Headhunter & Sight Seer in a private room is a huge bonus too. I remember being able to earn about $200k/hr off of just VIP work, and when you factor in the significantly lower startup costs (not to mention way less time investment than I/E), I think it makes a lot of sense. The other thing about VIP work is that there is ZERO initial investment outside of the office (cheapest office is like $1M, don't spend any more), and ZERO opportunity for loss. The I/E costs a ton to setup, and also takes a very long time to get going, and some of the missions can be frustrating and you can lose some profit pretty easily. The only problem is that VIP grinding is pretty boring, though I would argue its not any more boring than I/E, and the returns are ultimately not as high. At least Sight Seer really does take you to new places periodically. If you aren't satisfied with the money, you can then add the vehicle warehouse. Consider the time it takes to make a return on that investment though, as compared to VIP work only. Could be IRL days.

Honestly, I don't think I could start GT-Online over again. It's just such an enormous time suck. I think I had something like 600 hours by the time I stopped playing and I was by no means "rich" in game, even though I had most of the businesses and stuff. At some point, it just stopped being fun. It really does start to feel like you are being used by Rockstar after a while. Shame.

Last edited:
If I had to start over, I would probably go the "cheap car, small apartment" route. While I have a ton of stuff, I use very little of it. I drive a lot of my over 200 vehicles, but most of them I could easily ignore. Furthermore, my favourites are all 'free' off the street, it seems. Most of the fun I have in the game is actually free.*

That said, I could see it being frustrating to see those with so much around you that is unattainable. I guess they were shooting for real life with that one haha. From where I sit there are two methods that I might employ had I a desire to make money instead of spending my time off roading with cheap cars or flying stolen planes. I/E is certainly the fastest route to high earnings, depending on how much time one can devote to being active on the game. The second route is the afk bunker, etc. Once you've got the money covered for the bunker, if you can leave it on afk and simply buy supplies whenever you are in the room, you can make $675k every 12 hours. It's close to three times that profit amount when on double pay. Since I'm lazy and refuse to work for a video game anymore, I haven't done anything but sell full bunker and nightclub for months. It's probably been over a year since I sold an I/E car, despite being the best earner. I'll "find new session" for sales other than the tractor trailer or single drop insurgents, etc. Super lazy. I'm into the semi-retirement phase of my GTA life. :lol:

*You know, less the subscription, ahem....daily property fees...

In summation then:
  • If you want the quick money, aim for I/E. Once you've got your first million, you can buy an Office and use the CEO Work to make good time.
  • If you want money while doing minimal work, I'd suggest going for a Bunker. It'll cost a cool million-and-a-half or thereabouts to set up the very basics at the very cheapest of locations, but it's roughly as profitable as the Cocaine Lockup without the risk of having to drive multiple god-forsaken Post Op vans. Just sell your current stock every time you resupply and all will be fine and dandy.
Things to avoid include the Document Forgery (which only returns a minimal profit - if you constantly babysit it, which literally makes it worthless), the Nightclub (unless you have basically all the other business' available) and, arguably, the CEO warehouses (unless you're not a social outcast, can get one cheap and they'll be on double duty just in time for you to completely stock up).

Also, I would strongly suggest test-driving any vehicle you like before buying it. I've saved probably $10M by just not buying cars I thought I might like after test driving them. This can be easily done within the creator. Even after 600 hours, I never once bought a car from the supercar category.

Also, I would strongly suggest test-driving any vehicle you like before buying it. I've saved probably $10M by just not buying cars I thought I might like after test driving them. This can be easily done within the creator. Even after 600 hours, I never once bought a car from the supercar category.

The trouble with that is that you can only test the unupgraded versions of each car - some cars feel a lot better to drive once you add a spoiler, for example. More importantly they don't always add certain vehicles to the creator until several months later, for instance there's currently no way to see how well Arena War vehicles do in freemode.

If I had to start over, I would probably go the "cheap car, small apartment" route. While I have a ton of stuff, I use very little of it. I drive a lot of my over 200 vehicles, but most of them I could easily ignore. Furthermore, my favourites are all 'free' off the street, it seems. Most of the fun I have in the game is actually free.*

That said, I could see it being frustrating to see those with so much around you that is unattainable. I guess they were shooting for real life with that one haha. From where I sit there are two methods that I might employ had I a desire to make money instead of spending my time off roading with cheap cars or flying stolen planes. I/E is certainly the fastest route to high earnings, depending on how much time one can devote to being active on the game. The second route is the afk bunker, etc. Once you've got the money covered for the bunker, if you can leave it on afk and simply buy supplies whenever you are in the room, you can make $675k every 12 hours. It's close to three times that profit amount when on double pay. Since I'm lazy and refuse to work for a video game anymore, I haven't done anything but sell full bunker and nightclub for months. It's probably been over a year since I sold an I/E car, despite being the best earner. I'll "find new session" for sales other than the tractor trailer or single drop insurgents, etc. Super lazy. I'm into the semi-retirement phase of my GTA life. :lol:

*You know, less the subscription, ahem....daily property fees...
Maybe do what I did, and make a new account? I've been having a blast on my second account. Feels good to actually have to worry about cash again. :lol:

You don't have to pay for PlayStation Plus on that account either. As long as you have PlayStation Plus on your main account, you should be fine.

I had/have five PSNs with two characters each on GTA. This was done back when garage space was limited and I was hosting a lot of shows. You could give cars to others, too, so most of the cars they had were built by my main account. Haven't used any in a long time because we now have more than adequate garage space.

Nowadays, if I want that feeling of helpless inability to progress outside of my peasant class and constant limitations of an economy where the deck is stacked against me; I just play RDRO. :lol:

Back