GTA Online Thread (Useful Links in OP)

• Thread starter dhandeh
  • 42,329 comments
I had/have five PSNs with two characters each on GTA. This was done back when garage space was limited and I was hosting a lot of shows. You could give cars to others, too, so most of the cars they had were built by my main account. Haven't used any in a long time because we now have more than adequate garage space.

Nowadays, if I want that feeling of helpless inability to progress outside of my peasant class and constant limitations of an economy where the deck is stacked against me; I just play RDRO. :lol:

With added Lumbago.

Kind of upset I didn’t push more for those double rewards. $4.4m warehouse sale is nice to see. I believe MC businesses are double so I may tool with those this week.

Thank you all for the help I appreciate it. I haven't decided what route I'm going just yet but I'll probably figure that out before too long.

And one other question - how can I get my Snapmatics to show up in the Social Club website? All of my PS3 ones are there but none of the PS4 ones are.

how can I get my Snapmatics to show up in the Social Club website? All of my PS3 ones are there but none of the PS4 ones are.

Have you set it to display your PS4 snaps rather than PS3? For some reason, it's all separated on the site, and given that you've only just switched to glory greatest gen, that's the best guess I have.

On a not-completely-unrelated note, as I predicted, we got the two new lazer guns yesterday. Some people are outraged about how R* "dare bring unrealistic weapons to GTA" (even though this is exactly the kind of content that'd be hugely popular if it was a mod).

I'm not one of those. Partly because it means my totally-not-Arnie-in-Terminator outfit makes sense now, but mostly because it means I get to pretend that my most favorite game of all time is now in GTA. And yes, there are bonus internet points up for grabs if you can name the game.

Notice how, in the fourth image, my character looks like he's fallen in love with it already. That's the spirit!

And yes, I know the 6th image is desperately lacking explosions in the background. Limitations of playing an old Contact Mission on my own.

Thank you all for the help I appreciate it. I haven't decided what route I'm going just yet but I'll probably figure that out before too long.

And one other question - how can I get my Snapmatics to show up in the Social Club website? All of my PS3 ones are there but none of the PS4 ones are.
I think you have to select the image you have taken in the GTA gallery and press R3 to upload it to social club if I recall correctly.

Thank you again for the help. I have it all figured out now. :cheers:

_Yh5px7lZ0OUoK2GIrwXRg_0_0.jpg

Sometimes I feel that lobbies are full from players that playing like everyone-that-moves-killing and this is so disturbing for other 'normal' players that we do theirs job.... Rockstar should have done with those wannabe assassins....

Trust me, it's not like I enjoy the kill-or-get-killed nature of the game, especially not when it's a freemode session with nothing going on - no freemode events, no business battles, nobody's selling 111 crates from a warehouse - but it is an unfortunate reality (reference somewhat intended), partly of how GTA Online specifically has evolved, partly of how online gaming in general has evolved. Because let's be honest, toxic communities in online games isn't exactly a brand new phenomenon.

The problem - and I'm calling it a problem because it most definitely is in this context - with GTA Online is just how exceptionally well it caters to this style of playing. Just look at the sheer amount of totally-not-unbalanced ways one can turn another into a pile of dust. You physically can't walk up to someone else without expecting to get shot. You can't just hang around without expecting to be run over. You can't fly a crop duster without expecting to be Orbital Cannon'd. In a way it works as a metaphor for the world we live in, I guess, but that's pretty 🤬 dark, to the point where I'm not surprised the whole video-games-kill-people argument is still a thing.

The blame, in my opinion, is two-fold: it's definitely part R*s fault for breeding, nurturing and enabling a community like this (though, as we've just discussed, it was probably meant to be an unpleasant game to "relax" in), but I'm also not going to say the individual player is innocent. Yes, you do get an insignificant amount of RP every time you kill someone else in freemode, but if you're capable of putting that aside, you've got a ginormous sandbox at your disposal - go and do things like Busted, Survive The Hunt or just a plain old car meet - anything's possible. At the end of the day, the game only revolves around killing other players because the playerbase at large has decided that's what the game's about.

On an obviously completely unrelated note, is there any interest whatsoever in getting together and doing an event of some description?

I'd put it at 90% Rockstar's fault and 10% playerbase. Edouchebags are always gonna be Edouchebags regardless of game, but most, if not all, of the core issues not related to the playerbase being douchebag city would have been avoided if they actually cared about the game instead saying that they care. Hell, for that matter, most of the playerbase problems could have been avoided if Rockstar made different decisions.

The majority of accounts I see abusing the orbital cannon and most of the other dripfeedy garbage are modded accounts that would possess trillions upon trillions of cash if combined on one account. They can easily afford the items because they were gifted the money when the account was modded and virtually everyone with modded money tend to have a bare minimun of $500M. I started playing online purely in 2016 on the PS3 and had to deal with these guys since then. Knowing how easy it is to identify them by certain outfit choices (and especially playing style on the old consoles), Rockstar could have just banned the accounts for cheating then and been done. But they didn't, and most who had modded accounts transferred all the money with them to the 4 and continued to play the same way. The EWO KD update is useless to combat the issue since most modded accounts have modded KDs and most of them are set insanely low (my modded account has a 0.2 and the one on my jailbroken PS3 is lower than that).

The Orbital Cannon Glitch still exists to this day and Rockstar only cared to patch the money glitch version of it. If they had integrity, they would have patched that day one or for that matter removed it from the game since even most tryhards say its ass cancer for the game. Pretty much everyone, even the incredibly small group of non modded accounts that remain on the PS3, has infinite explosives because of glitched events that give infinite explosives. I know for a fact that Rockstar still has yet to patch at least one of those events. Flying cars were mostly inspired from modders (nobody liked that including the modders), and pretty much everyone hated those on previous gen. For that matter, Rockstar knew that people would blow up sales from their knowledge of the PS3 and 360 playerbase and still made the sales public lobby only. They saw the backlash of people asking for sales in private lobbies and still stuck with the decision.

The player issue will never go away because virtually everyone I played with were rather passive until being destroyed by more aggressive players. They became aggressive because of that. Even if Rockstar removed everything wrong with the game, including the modded accounts, the players would still ruin what Rockstar didn't already ruin just by playing it.

The amount of times I've been killed by someone who came from across the map or left their area just to kill me and go back is very high, and this is only speaking for current gen which I've been on only since this past Christmas. 90% of the time they're on the Oppressor Mk II as well, which has seemingly become the latest griefing tool.

And then these same people give you a hard time for being in Passive. Theres actually been two occasions so far where I've been in Passive mode, and followed everywhere I went by a group of players with guns drawn and pointed at me. I couldn't even get in a helicopter and fly away because they still followed me. I'm just glad that on current gen you're virtually invisible to the other players. When I was still on PS3, I'd always come back to the game to find someone running me over or trying to knock me off of something to kill me.

I like the AMG GT, but depending on how I'm feeling on a given day, I might say the Schlagen looks better than it.

Most of the racing liveries could've been better though.

AFAIK this is the only car in the update without advanced handling flags. Those handling flags are responsible for making the new cars a nightmare to drive.

..I mean, it's not a bad car in any way, shape or form..

..but it's also not Glory Greatest Deviant.

At least it is indeed free of any crippling advanced handling flags, and it's noticeable. Even though I'd say removing each and every one of the flags is just one solution. They could, y'know, make them work in a way that makes sense, rather than just apply them willy-nilly to any new cars that happen to be in the pipeline and calling it a day. Surely that's not too much to ask? Then again, the game has only sold 100 million copies, so I can understand if they're a bit too tight economically for more than ten seconds of play-testing..

On a somewhat less negative note, 50% bonus on Import/Export. If you've followed my escapades in the GT section, you'll know who I kind of want to tag to make an example of how to make a reasonably decent rewards structure but also not at the same time because I doubt my sanity can handle *that* for much longer (how ironic that I happened to get a notification on something related to that the moment I posted this).

So what was the whole event thing with the Declasse Tulip? There was supposed to be a GTA$ bonus and maybe a couple other things, but I never got any of that except for the t-shirt and the car being available in the dealership. Was that something only available if you bought the car (which I did not)?

Micro SMG honestly ain't a bad gun. IIRC it's the same fire rate as the AP pistol but more accurate.

It’s a good gun, but he couldn’t aim for ****. I walked up to him without a gun out and had enough time to pull out my carbine rifle, roll and headshot him without even losing half my health while he mag dumped on me. :lol:

I've learned that in GTA Online no good deed goes unpunished, and you either deal with :censored:holes or become one yourself.

That, or you have some terrible stroke of dumb luck. I was in a sniper battle one time and got blocked by the landing gear on a police helicopter that had dipped down right as I pulled the trigger. And yes it did result in my death by way of the other player. :lol:

What clothes combo is that?

I see my clickbait has worked :lol:

Party Shirts -> Blue Savanna Shortsleeve
Jeans -> Faded Classic Blue Regular Fit
Only just changed the shoes to Sneakers -> White Plain Hi Tops
Watches -> Gold Crowex Chromosphere

It's not perfect, no, but in the context of creating a Vercetti-ripoff, it's a whole lot better than being screwed out of any form of floral shirt for five years. So I guess there was at least one objectively good clothing item released in 2018, wasn't there?

A few things to note if anyone is buying one....

You call the Bandito from the interaction menu while you're on foot and you spawn into the Bandito.

You can't use your phone or the interaction menu while driving the Bandito.

When you leave the Bandito or destroy the car you spawn back to your original location where you spawned I to it.

The bombs can be fitted and they are there forever, you don't need to re-buy them every time you use them.

The bomb has a countdown when holding L1 but not onscreen display so you just have to judge the countdown as best you can if you want to blow someone up.

It doesn't like kerbs.

It has a unique radar blip.

While using it you are OFF the radar.

It's very agile, easy to dodge enemies etc.

Great fun!

Last edited:
Some people say I've bought too many Hotring Sabres for no other reason than "discounted racecar".

Grand Theft Auto V_20190201175828.jpg
Grand Theft Auto V_20190201175842.jpg
Grand Theft Auto V_20190201175851.jpg
Grand Theft Auto V_20190201175859.jpg

I say that.. yeah, alright, that is quite a lot of Hotring Sabres. I blame preparations for the Creator update which'll hopefully let us create non-Arena War events in the Maze Bank Arena and Wreck It minus the traps is the perfect base for a proper Hotring event.

That, and I'm also definitely not going to try and make a deathmatch of some description that totally isn't a Robot Wars knockoff.

It doesn't like kerbs.

It has a unique radar blip.

While using it you are OFF the radar.

It's very agile, easy to dodge enemies etc.

Great fun!

I purchased the Bandito but on my inventory menu it says it's "Not Available". Anybody else deal with this?

Latest Posts

Back