GTA Online Thread (Useful Links in OP)

Discussion in 'Grand Theft Auto' started by dhandeh, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Peasantslayer

Peasantslayer

Initially I thought a delay was a good idea, it creates more talk about the game after it's initial release and perhaps those who normally give multiplayer a miss would be more inclined to try it out especially with it's exclusive features.

2. Maccer_42

Maccer_42

Anyone had any luck getting on yet? Trying to join public server wont connect to host, I can start a solo session, but the "Race Corona" as Rock* call it is missing. (It was there the first time I tried but when I entered I got disconnected) all I can do is wonder around and beat up peds for petty cash lol.

Also pressing the start button does nothing for me =S when in a solo session. But maybe that's cause it's glitched out right now and wants me to enter the race that exists in a parallel universe.

3. dhandeh

dhandeh Premium

Been trying on and off for a couple of hours, no luck yet.

4. Darren.

Darren.

While we wait, why not listen to some relaxing music. GTA Online will be here before you know it.

5. jacnob

jacnob

Guess its a good thing I have sat. net and wasn't going to try to go online anyways.

6. I Love GT6

I Love GT6

Tried a dozen of times to join, When I got in, It immidiatly kicked me out. Hope it's all fixed by tomorrow.

7. Omnis

Omnis Staff Emeritus

How do you make a character that doesn't look like he was birthed from the anus?

8. AudiMan2011

AudiMan2011 Contributing Writer

I eventually got a character created but I kept getting the message "Failed to host a GTA Online session" when I tryed to get in a server. Hopefully this disastrous start gets cleaned up by the weekend.

9. SlipZtrEm

SlipZtrEm Administrator

People are hoping for a weekend fix? The time of the week where all the kids aren't in class?

10. ND4SPD

ND4SPD Premium

Sweet, do you wanna make it or do you want me to make it? My gamertag is JeffC6_R if you wanna add me.

11. Bluntified

Bluntified

So far I've managed to create a character and have him show up in the character wheel. That's about it, when I walk over to the first race it craps out. I give up for now, I'll try again later tonight.

I am very disappointed, I've completed the game almost 98% with only the knife flights left to do, this is where online (in any game) is suppose to hold you over.

I read an interesting article:
    From Rockstar:
    Source The Guardian.

Sooo, even though they knew how many people bought the game and how big of an event this would turn out to be, they didn't think to have enough power to support all of them? What a shame. And people thought PD was bad.

12. avens

avens

^There was absolutely no way there wasn't going to be issues at day one. The quoted phrase is quite generic.

BTW the same will happen with GT6.

13. dhandeh

dhandeh Premium

I cycled through the randomly generated characters and it offered up a reasonable one. I spent 20 minutes trying to make my own, most of them had a face that only a mother could love and would have had to have been fed with a catapult from 100 yards when it was a baby.

14. ZohsixGT5

ZohsixGT5 Premium

I think they look better once you get them in game. Mine did at least.

15. dhandeh

dhandeh Premium

No one likes a smartass.:sly:

16. Bluntified

Bluntified

Issues are one thing but absolute instability is another. Like others have mentioned, a glitch/lag or time out here and there is tolerable but when you can't access anything or get passed a single mission, there's a problem here.

Edit: I highly doubt this will happen to GT6, half will play offline in the beginning where the other half will go online right from the start. This will relieve a lot of server stress, unlike GTA 5 where they open up online when everyone's done the game.

17. Omnis

Omnis Staff Emeritus

I made a white transvestite version of Big Freedia whose dad is John Marston. :lol:

18. SuperShouden

SuperShouden (Banned)

I think the Solo missions is broken. It gave me the "Failed to join job" screen and froze my PS3. But, that can be easily remedied by simply selecting a Friends only or Invite Only lobby.

19. Moglet

Moglet Premium

I'm constantly stuck on 'Launching Session' and have been attempting to get online for the last 4 hours now. It's not looking good. They should take down all of the servers and get everything in order now that they're aware of the kind of usage they can expect. Also, whoever decided that you would be forced to do a race the moment you tried to get online needs firing. What an awful decision.

20. DDastardly00

DDastardly00

Now I really have to finish the single player in time for the weekend. I want to try the online but I will hold off for awhile until things get sorted out a bit. I hope you can buy a house with a 10 car garage, that would be awesome.

21. ND4SPD

ND4SPD Premium

Ha, ya it's a big mess right now... I can't even get to the first race without the game crapping out...

22. Moglet

Moglet Premium

The first race seems to be what's causing the problems, everyone I have spoken to who was able to get past that point has been playing uninterrupted for hours now. Why the hell do we need more tutorial levels when we've been playing the game for 2 weeks anyway?

23. Slash

Slash Premium

Social club has never been stable since it was launched anyways though.

24. AudiMan2011

AudiMan2011 Contributing Writer

I gave up trying to get online today. I'll try again tomorrow but I doubt much improvements.

25. ProjectWHaT

ProjectWHaT

Anyone got it to work yet? I only got past the first cutscene for it.

26. Silver-Sylph

Silver-Sylph

With Grand Theft Auto Online you and your friends can see the great landscape of San Andreas as you wait to be inevitably kicked from our servers.

27. P1K3Y_M1k3Y

P1K3Y_M1k3Y Premium

Rockstar's comment makes no sense??? how can they not anticipate that every person who bought a copy would be trying to get online at the same time? Its obvious that everyone was going to go for it all at once after being made to wait 2 weeks :lol:

28. Peasantslayer

Peasantslayer

But there's those who don't like/have online, those who aren't bothered and those that have given up on it after 2 weeks. They obviously thought they could get away with having less servers and save money as a result.

29. Samus

Samus

The game sold in much bigger numbers than even R* expected. Yes that was 2 weeks ago but adding servers and generally upping capacity isn't a five minute job.

30. McLaren

McLaren Premium

Of course, but it appears a lot of people lack such common sense. Or have somehow gotten it in their head that all Rockstar did after V was released, was go to the bank counting their billion & take a big 2 week vacation. :rolleyes: