GTA Online Thread (Useful Links in OP)

• Thread starter dhandeh
  • 42,329 comments
Pricing of the vehicles and outfits aside, the arena modes are great fun, especially with a few friends on comms. Some modes work better than other, the Hot Bomb being the worst of the bunch, but the LTS and LMS modes can be really good, even with randoms.

With my account at just over $10 million I have to force myself not to buy any more of the arena cars than the one I already have, but alot of them seem really cool in their own right. i' eyeing a Slamvan for the wheelies and the monster truck looking thing because...why not?

I know someone's already mentioned it but, if you have any muscle car, come to a complete stop, hold the handbrake, bounce the car off the rev limiter, and off you go in a F&F style burnout-wheelie. I was probably doing that on my own for a good ten minutes today. :lol:

After about the 10th time playing them they have lost all their appeal.

Really?
I thought this would have been a pile of nonsense but I was pleasantly surprised. It's pretty fun but it is clear that some maps/modes need more than 6 players and unfortunately nobody was joining for a while.

Also the AP rewards are random so you may get lucky and get the trade price on a car quickly but I believe you need 5M AP to max out.

...and off you go in a F&F style burnout-wheelie. I was probably doing that on my own for a good ten minutes today. :lol:

Tonight, you’ll find me out in the desert with my “F-bomb”. Doing wheelies in the sand, while trying to pin an NPC to a car :D

This DLC wasn’t really anything I particularly like (except for some of the cars), but instead of crying like a 2-year old like some on this forum (my apologies to all 2-year olds that should be offended by that), I just won’t play it that much.
I am however considering buying the workshop :boggled: Only because I can. I highly doubt that there will be any more big DLC’s for GTA, so I might as well spend it while I have it. I will drop below my $80M cushion, but I guess I’m ok with that

I’m sort of with Flash on it. It’s not bad, but it definitely isn’t my taste; really seems to be even more far out than I’d expect. But, there’s some cars and items I like in it and I’ve read the workshop/arena adds in more garage spaces for whatever you want, so there’s some positives to it.

Ok, so I’ve been playing the Arena War modes, and they have been surprisingly good. Of course nothing is cheap, but I unfortunately expect it by now.

I honestly think they had a missed opportunity though. Some cars I think would be perfect for the mode. The old station wagon from Dundreary, and Duke O Death come to mind.

..sooouh, anyone on PS4 up for some whatever-we-decide-to-do shenanigans (though I can imagine a lot of messing about with wheelies and such) starting within, say, an hour from now? I've got an Invite lobby ready to go.

..sooouh, anyone on PS4 up for some whatever-we-decide-to-do shenanigans (though I can imagine a lot of messing about with wheelies and such) starting within, say, an hour from now? I've got an Invite lobby ready to go.

I’ll be on in a few minutes if you still have the lobby going.

So what is the best arena mod? Apocalypse, future shock or nightmare?
The one that looks better in your eyes.

No really, as far as we can tell all the offensive armaments on the cars seem to be similar, unless the rayguns for future shocks are more than just a reskin but there's nothing to support that yet

Alternatively, whichever version you got the AP RNG trade deal price for.

The one that looks better in your eyes.

No really, as far as we can tell all the offensive armaments on the cars seem to be similar, unless the rayguns for future shocks are more than just a reskin but there's nothing to support that yet

Alternatively, whichever version you got the AP RNG trade deal price for.
It does make me wonder as on the apocalypse the clean mg is an upgrade to the rusty mg and on the future shock the laser is an upgrade to the clean mg.

Missed this yesterday, did anyone manage to get together?

I bought the arena workshop for the garage space. Plenty of places to have a drink, but I haven't found a radio or a way to prevent idling out yet.

I bought the arena workshop for the garage space. Plenty of places to have a drink, but I haven't found a radio or a way to prevent idling out yet.
I think there is an always on music player in the arena office.

Also, you can watch the security cameras at the same place you arrange the garage in the blue circle.

Now that you mention it, no. Though, to be fair, I didn't really give a lot of warning :lol:

So I'll try it again: Friday or Saturday depending on feedback (before the season kicks in too much IRL - but perhaps just in time for it to kick in in-game?), about 8 PM CET (do the maths yourselves), shenanigans and whatever we can be bothered to do in general, though I have one particular thing I'd like to see if it's even doable, and wheelies may or may not play a central part. After that, idunno. Maybe we'll get bored and play a game of Hot Bomb aka the only Arena War mode worth playing (feel free to @ me on that one). Maybe we'll decide controlled circumstances is too boring, move into a public lobby and wait for everyone but @Katiegan to be blown to smithereens and @superstreet556 to carry the rest of us through a session-wide war. And yes, that's a callback to something.

Flying my B11 Strikeforce for the first time in months. Out of nowhere a missile flew past me...

A random in another B11 (in ghost) tried to take me out. The dog fight was over pretty quick, I killed him (1-0) and he spawned on the beach. A missile barrage (2-0) and a well placed bomb drop (3-0) showed him the error of his ways.

He of course warped to his facility, obviously the space ray was inbound. I went off radar, spawned my tank and made it inside the parking garage awaiting the cannon.

A good 10-12 missed orbital stikes later I could sense his frustration when he sent the mercenaries after me. They failed like the rest of his orbital strikes afterwards.

He left his facility and went ghost, I just waited for him to pop inside the parking garage....(4-0)

I jumped onto my opressor mkii and headed towards LSIA, he followed so I went off radar. He immediately facility warped again but didn't try the orbital cannon this time. He left the facility on his opressor mkii and he went ghost heading my way....

Somehow I managed to hit ghost just before he turned up, he flew right past me and it was an easy kill (5-0)

I went into my arena as I was bored of him. The private messages followed (remember he started it with his ghost B11 attack)

"Keep hiding like a p#ssy you little B!tch"

"It's p#ssy players like you who are ruining this game for the rest of us".

I just replied with "Cry"

I love it when a plan goes wrong!

Last edited:
(Say what again!)

Yeah, that's just how the game is now. It has wandered aimlessly from its roots as a parodied reality to become a parody of itself. It's a rather unique progression if you look at from that perspective. All of that stuff is in the game now, and if it weren't for me playing nearly perpetually in 'private' public sessions I might've lost taste for it all. Just last night I had had my Ruiner 2k out for about two minutes with @superstreet556 upon which I remarked that was the most I've used it since I bought it (for no reason.) I was in between doing laundry and whatnot round the house otherwise I might've stayed longer and done some rampaging or something.

Regardless, I will probably spend large amounts of time with the game over the next few days off-roading, flying, cruising, wingsuiting, etc. I haven't kept up today but I heard earlier this week that snow was forecasted for today/this weekend rather than waiting until Christmas. That would be cool. Hopefully they have the lag on yachts during snow under control. That would be cool, too.

In case anyone can be bothered, that session I was going to be making today? I've got an Invite session up, and I'll keep it going for another hour or there abouts. Unless it becomes more active than just me, of course.

:lol:

In case anyone can be bothered, that session I was going to be making today? I've got an Invite session up, and I'll keep it going for another hour or there abouts. Unless it becomes more active than just me, of course.

I won't be on for another 2-3 hours at least.

Back