GTA V Top Gear Challenges Season 2!! (ps4)

• Thread starter 250 GTO
  • 135 comments
So. As of now the GTA Top Gear Season 2 will take place on Saturday 23rd of January, at 6 PM GMT, 7 PM CET and 9 PM...BahrainTime.

Like last time I will open up a private Lobby 30-60 minutes before, and I will invite you, as you come online. Make sure to add me as a friend, if you haven't already.

Like last time, I'll be in charge of the scores, and a day or two after the event I will upload a scoreboard on page one. And as always with the Top Gear scoring system. It's harsh but unfair.

We'll meet up at the "Top Gear Hangar" at Los Santos Airport, where you will get the instructions for your first challenge.

Last edited:
A little photo diary from the production team, as they were driving around Los Santos, to get inspiration. Trying to find locations and possible challenges. The bottom picture is what remains of a FQ2 after having gone through one of those trials. Some challenges made it, some did not.

Top Gear.jpg

A little photo diary from the production team, as they were driving around Los Santos, to get inspiration. Trying to find locations and possible challenges. The bottom picture is what remains of a FQ2 after having gone through one of those trials. Some challenges made it, some did not.

View attachment 502400

ok thnx, so the fq2 is no option for ME then :D

Well, you see the thing about that is...maybe that particular challenge will be part of the final lineup. Maybe it won't...

Who knows?...

how-i-look-when-i-pass-another-car_gp_1150657.jpg

So about this car show that some of us would like to be part of. As I see it, we have to options.

1) We cooperate with @Katiegan and fuse the two events together. This means that at 8 pm GMT whether we're done with the TG event we will take part of the car show, and resume the TG event afterwards if necessary. How ever, the more I think about it, the less I like this idea. Because. The Reason I chose to make this event in freemode is because, that way the damage from previous trials will cary over to the next trial, and so forth and so forth. Just like the Real Top Gear. This always annoyed me in my first event. That we started every trial with a "brand new car".
But this also means, that if we do the Car Show midway through the TG event, we have to show up in our beaten up Top Gear Cars, so as not to revert them to pristine condition when we retrieve them again, after the car show. Makes sense?

2) We move the start of the Top Gear event to 5 PM GMT, 6PM CET and 8 PM Bahrain time. That way we'll be sure to be done before the Car Show

Thoughts?

@e rikkie @STI9 @Sting @ToyGTone @Leadfoot530 @Mark II Blit

Last edited:
I love car shows. I love this ode to absurdity even more. I am, however, not hot on combining the two events.

I keep coming back to these questions: does it add to the experience to put our event on hold to show off our (at that point hopefully) battered clunkers? Does it add to the experience having to combine two freemode events in the same lobby, which will undoubtedly be more of a hassle than it sounds to be? It frankly seems like needless complication that would subtract from the flow and entertainment of the challenges, which are, at least to me, the real attraction this Saturday.

If we could move the event to an earlier timeslot, so that those who wish to rendezvous at the car show can do so, that would be a great way to accommodate everyone's wishes. But the cross-over idea I am wary of.

EDIT: Also @250 GTO, I have to say I love the idea of keeping the damage on our rides this time around. It's going to make it real interesting. I'm just wondering: what if someone, by accident or otherwise, dumps their car in the Zancudo River? Obviously the damage can't be recreated, so does this mean you are out of the race for good? Or everyone gets a fresh new car? Disconnections could cause the same issue.

I still think it's the way to do it, I'm just curious how these dilemmas would be handled should they arise.

Last edited:
So about this car show that some of us would like to be part of. As I see it, we have to options.

1) We cooperate with @Katiegan and fuse the two events together. This means that at 8 pm GMT whether we're done with the TG event we will take part of the car show, and resume the TG event afterwards if necessary. How ever, the more I think about it, the less I like this idea. Because. The Reason I chose to make this event in freemode is because, that way the damage from previous trials will cary over to the next trial, and so forth and so forth. Just like the Real Top Gear. This always annoyed me in my first event. That we started every trial with a "brand new car".
But this also means, that if we do the Car Show midway through the TG event, we have to show up in our beaten up Top Gear Cars, so as not to revert them to pristine condition when we retrieve them again, after the car show. Makes sense?

2) We move the start of the Top Gear event to 5 PM GMT, 6PM CET and 8 PM Bahrain time. That way we'll be sure to be done before the Car Show

Thoughts?

@e rikkie @STI9 @Sting @ToyGTone @Leadfoot530 @Mark II Blit

like i don't abuse my car so badly it will explode and i need to call mors/mechanic to get it back :D

But i'm down with all ideas, but like i said if we start early i have to eat something during the event...

EDIT: Also @250 GTO, I have to say I love the idea of keeping the damage on our rides this time around. It's going to make it real interesting. I'm just wondering: what if someone, by accident or otherwise, dumps their car in the Zancudo River? Obviously the damage can't be recreated, so does this mean you are out of the race for good? Or everyone gets a fresh new car? Disconnections could cause the same issue.

I still think it's the way to do it, I'm just curious how these dilemmas would be handled should they arise.

I completely agree with the first part you wrote, I vote we keep the two events seperat.

About the destruction of cars.
The reason I allowed the armor 1 upgrade, is because it makes a significant improvement in the overall amount of damage the cars can sustain, before being rendered undrivable. So unless you all drive like @e rikkie constantly, your cars should be able to make it to the last test.
But like you said, accidents, do happen, a car could potentially end up in the water. I'm working on a couple of ways to get around this. Maybe a penalty system if you have to reset you car, maybe exclusion from the next event... I haven't decided yet. But I have given it some thought.

Now that I look at it, I think it would be better to separate the events. The three hour difference should give us quite a bit of time to run the challrnges, and even if we do run over, it's not like we have to be there as soon as the car show starts. I'm expecting a decent turnout for it, so I'm sure a lot of people won't be there for a half hour, or hour later.

@250 GTO, do you have me added on PSN? I don't remember seeing your username on my friends list, unless we're just doing this by game invites being sent out.

Back