Votes: 12 5.9%
  • Australia

Votes: 6 2.9%
  • Other

Votes: 23 11.3%
  • Miami

Votes: 89 43.6%

• Total voters
Uber claims that they were hacked by Lapsus$ and it is likely that they were also the perpetrators in the Rockstar hack

We believe that this attacker (or attackers) are affiliated with a hacking group called Lapsus$, which has been increasingly active over the last year or so. This group typically uses similar techniques to target technology companies, and in 2022 alone has breached Microsoft, Cisco, Samsung, Nvidia and Okta, among others. There are also reports over the weekend that this same actor breached video game maker Rockstar Games. We are in close coordination with the FBI and US Department of Justice on this matter and will continue to support their efforts.

I really hope they include a facsimile of Cuba or the Florida Keys or something - Miami is cool itself but there's not much in the way of interesting/diverse landscape outside of it on mainland Florida. Smuggling via offshore powerboat between Havana (or whatever name it has in the R* universe) and VC would make for some cool gameplay.

If the map of IV was about the city and V was about the wilderness of SA (to an extent) I think VI needs to heavily lean into the ocean.

edit: Google says this is a leaked map (overlaid with GTA V map) so it looks like we'll get the Keys but no Cuba? Bummer.

Last edited by a moderator:
edit: Google says this is a leaked map (overlaid with GTA V map) so it looks like we'll get the Keys but no Cuba? Bummer.
That looks heavily unoriginal for something of Rockstar's ability. Lots of the same, equal size grid placements covering 3-5 blocks. I think they lean more into Miami being the giant hub like Los Santos & use the Everglades/neighboring areas around Miami as the smaller towns w/ a small nod to the Keys.

Edit* I was able to download the 90 or so videos from the leak. Going through them, I'm confident that's fake. A few videos show the usual left corner map; that map doesn't match any of the map outlines being seen in the videos.

Yeah, definitely fake. That map was "leaked" over a year ago, and only picked up traction because of the actual leak. Reportedly confirmed fake last year shortly after it was shown.

Last edited:
That looks heavily unoriginal for something of Rockstar's ability. Lots of the same, equal size grid placements covering 3-5 blocks. I think they lean more into Miami being the giant hub like Los Santos & use the Everglades/neighboring areas around Miami as the smaller towns w/ a small nod to the Keys.

Edit* I was able to download the 90 or so videos from the leak. Going through them, I'm confident that's fake. A few videos show the usual left corner map; that map doesn't match any of the map outlines being seen in the videos.

Yeah, definitely fake. That map was "leaked" over a year ago, and only picked up traction because of the actual leak. Reportedly confirmed fake last year shortly after it was shown.
Yeah one thing that struck me was a complete lack of straight roads which is typical of Florida in addition to a very meagerly sized downtown area and a suspicious number of roundabouts. :lol:

Fingers crossed for Cuba (hey maybe its the same universe as RDR and it would be called Guarma?)

Yeah one thing that struck me was a complete lack of straight roads which is typical of Florida in addition to a very meagerly sized downtown area and a suspicious number of roundabouts. :lol:

Fingers crossed for Cuba (hey maybe its the same universe as RDR and it would be called Guarma?)
I read lately that the whole Americas thing (along with different points in time) was scrapped because of the work required & that's why Rockstar decided to stick to a modern South Florida. So, my bleak outlook is that anything outside the city will probably be 1 or 2 missions like in past games.

We'll see about this post-launch DLC cities thing, but I'm not getting hopes up on that. Sounds like a monumental amount of work unless Rockstar decided GTA Online is something that can be supported another 10+ years as a central hub in Vice City.

I knew vice city was going to be the location.

Its been hinted so many times even Rockstar games said themselves they want to remake all the cities.

They done Liberty City and Los Santos now its Vice City.

All that is left to be remade is San Fierro and Las Venturas.

I knew vice city was going to be the location.

Its been hinted so many times even Rockstar games said themselves they want to remake all the cities.

They done Liberty City and Los Santos now its Vice City.

All that is left to be remade is San Fierro and Las Venturas.
There's also Anywhere City and 1960's London, if we're counting the PS1 era. And to be honest, I wouldn't mind them throwing a nod to the old top-down games in some fashion.

Kid could be in a world of hurt legal-wise. Take Two is a company that has a record of being ultra aggressive when it comes to protecting its trademarks/property.

Kid could be in a world of hurt legal-wise. Take Two is a company that has a record of being ultra aggressive when it comes to protecting its trademarks/property.
Talented, but also stupid. This was only gonna end one way…. Uk government should employ him .

According to Tez2, a prominent Rockstar leaker, the current planned released date is Holiday 2024, but it is possible for it to be delayed even further

Their aimed-always-changing-not-set-in-stone deadline is holiday 2024. Which has been pushed back multiple times the past few years. Unfortunately, it could slip into early 2025 as well.

Speaking of which, most companies are returning with a "forced return to office" policy to revert back to pre-pandemic days. Activision Blizzard is already met with internal backlash. Rockstar is no different. The debate and consequences of the policy is a whole another topic.

With almost the entirety of the workforce in office, Rockstar could be more firm about an announcement this year. Yet, losing work talent could very much lead to more delays.

I personally see an announcement as a given this year. I don't think the upper management is in a position to delay further to holiday 2025/2026. Cutting more portions of the game to package into DLCs to release later on may be sustainable for management than delaying further.

Take Two just had their earnings conference call where they hinted that some "groundbreaking titles" will be released in their fiscal year 2025, which could be GTA VI

"We also issued guidance for Fiscal 2024, which includes Net Bookings in the range of $5.45 to $5.55 billion. Our forecast reflects the challenging consumer backdrop, as well as an extension of the development timelines for several high-profile, long-awaited titles in our pipeline. We believe that we will enter our next phase of growth in Fiscal 2025, as we plan to deliver several groundbreaking titles that we anticipate will set new standards of quality and success and enable us to deliver over $8 billion in Net Bookings and over $1 billion in Adjusted Unrestricted Operating Cash Flow. We expect to sustain this momentum with additional growth in operating performance in Fiscal 2026."

"After numerous years of investment and creative development, we are excited about this next chapter for Take-Two. As we execute on our strategy and release what we expect will be an array of hit titles, we believe that we will grow our scale and margins, generating industry-leading returns for our shareholders."

According to their document, their fiscal year 2023 ended on March 31st, 2023. Which means Fiscal 2025 would be April 1st, 2024 - March 31st, 2025. So that would be the window as to when GTA VI could be released

Take Two just had their earnings conference call where they hinted that some "groundbreaking titles" will be released in their fiscal year 2025, which could be GTA VI

According to their document, their fiscal year 2023 ended on March 31st, 2023. Which means Fiscal 2025 would be April 1st, 2024 - March 31st, 2025. So that would be the window as to when GTA VI could be released
Or...or it could be GTA V for PS5 Pro :lol:

I haven't played Vice City, so Miami is going to be new to me. But the idea of a GTA game set in Havana in the 1950s seems like such a lost opportunity to me.

I haven't played Vice City, so Miami is going to be new to me. But the idea of a GTA game set in Havana in the 1950s seems like such a lost opportunity to me.
Now you've got me wanting to revisit Driver 2 on PS1, which had a Havana map. The graphics alone would probably make it awful today, but I remember loving it back in the day.

But just to pick your brain, why Havana, and why in the '50s? @shoemaker too, after seeing your old post at the top of the page; I'm probably just out of some loop, but why does Rio come to mind as perfect for you?

Now you've got me wanting to revisit Driver 2 on PS1, which had a Havana map. The graphics alone would probably make it awful today, but I remember loving it back in the day.

But just to pick your brain, why Havana, and why in the '50s? @shoemaker too, after seeing your old post at the top of the page; I'm probably just out of some loop, but why does Rio come to mind as perfect for you?
I would imagine Cuba in that time period is due to the Mafia having a notable foothold in the country in the early '50s, before Castro came in and swept them right out (to say nothing of the CIA's involvement with them too). In fact the sequel to the Godfather open world game on the Xbox 360 has you bouncing between Miami and Havana in that time period as well.

Given that the Houser brothers are of my generation and are British too, their cultural references are similar to mine. Knowing we probably grew up watching the same (imported) American TV, i just don't see 1950's Cuba as a potential target for them. The games are so full of easter eggs and nods to that era of TV, i don't think 50's Havana would even be on their radar.

Having said that, i don't know how much, if any, influence they have within Rockstar anymore.

@EngieDiesel got it right. Havana, Cuba was an organized crime haven in the 1950s. There are so many GTA-style stories you could tell there.

Because Rio has everything. Spread out over a large area- The epic scenery. The airport. The slums. The nice houses. The lovely beach. The hills with forest. Big Gang problems. Poverty. Lots of sex workers and even more drugs, Perfect.

Last edited:
Back