GTDesigned: A Community Vision GT Project

We'll going to add a series of poll for 3 days, for now the layout

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thank you Malcolm. 👍 I'm not overly keen on the whole design (that includes my own interpretation of it), but i'm sure they'll be many changes to follow.

Hard to tell if it's the wheel arches that are too small or everything else that is too big ;)

But yes, they're not proportional right now.

TBH, we need to bare in mind that the whole car really needs to be smaller, i don't feel as though my sketch/render looks Kei car enough, (proportions wise). So i would maybe suggest heightening the roofline as well as shortening both front and rear overhangs.. At the moment, going by my sketch, it looks too much 2nd gen Toyota MR2 size, which is (if we're staying true to the brief) way too big to be a Kei car.

TBH, we need to bare in mind that the whole car really needs to be smaller, i don't feel as though my sketch/render looks Kei car enough, (proportions wise). So i would maybe suggest heightening the roofline as well as shortening both front and rear overhangs.. At the moment, going by my sketch, it looks too much 2nd gen Toyota MR2 size, which is (if we're staying true to the brief) way too big to be a Kei car.

I think the entire body should be heightened then, because I also think that the roofline needs to come down (relative to the body).

Here's the hood again. I've done some tweaks to it. It kind of reminds me of a dragon, especially those eyebrow wing things.

render3.png

I believe those "eyebrow wing thing" would be called an arch.And also, since it looks awesome,
could you add led lights along the front edge of them?
It would look awesome.

[EDIT]
Also guys, i don't know if anyone else noticed or wrote already, but in the
Gran Turismo 6 forum section, under the subforums, our thread is very popular.
We got a little flame aside, yay!
:gtpflag:

Last edited:
I think the entire body should be heightened then, because I also think that the roofline needs to come down (relative to the body).

Here's the hood again. I've done some tweaks to it. It kind of reminds me of a dragon, especially those eyebrow wing things.

View attachment 284418

I'm thinking the width should be brought in too, (though i guess increasing waistline height/ decreasing the glasshouse, will give that kind of effect anyway).

The tweaks look great BTW. 👍

asking everyone's help to create a 3D model of all sketch, it's unnecessary and potentially take too much time,
Because they're not needed.

We're doing one design, we can pretty much forget the other ideas, as great as they are, because we've locked down the final design and now just need to develop it.

Because they're not needed.

We're doing one design, we can pretty much forget the other ideas, as great as they are, because we've locked down the final design and now just need to develop it.

And that's why we're going to model only the needed one and/or if somebody ask to be modelled as I stated in that post

And that's why we're going to model only the needed one and/or if somebody ask to be modelled as I stated in that post
In that case I retract my earlier point and ask a question.

we'll move to the next phase after we finish CADing the design that want to be modelled.

Either this is poorly worded or this thread has become as far away from a design process as can be possible.

Why does a whole design project have to be halted because somebody wants their design modelled, if it isn't the final design? And just to save you looking for the sentences which give the poorly worded impression I'm getting...

Here's what I'm thinking who want their model to be CADed tell us in this thread or send me a message I'll help you with that (with some help of course) we'll move to the next phase after we finish CADing the design that want to be modelled. If anyone have a better idea please tell us

In that case I retract my earlier point and ask a question.

Either this is poorly worded or this thread has become as far away from a design process as can be possible.

Why does a whole design project have to be halted because somebody wants their design modelled, if it isn't the final design? And just to save you looking for the sentences which give the poorly worded impression I'm getting...

I didn't say it was halted. Modelling somebody's sketch will not hurt the entire process, look @eran0004 how many models that he produced based on the sketches here. If we're going to take at least one design cues from the sketches here it will be easier to have something that we can turn, flip, or spin to see what part that might be useful for the final concept, we can simulate the aerodynamics, test the car against impact, who knows we might find something useful for the real world, it's for trial and error not to satisfy our eyes, I wouldn't say it isn't useful. Sorry if my words a bit sharp but I don't want this project ruin just because of an argument

I didn't say it was halted. Modelling somebody's sketch will not hurt the entire process, look @eran0004 how many models that he produced based on the sketches here. If we're going to take at least one design cues from the sketches here it will be easier to have something that we can turn, flip, or spin to see what part that might be useful for the final concept, we can simulate the aerodynamics, test the car against impact, who knows we might find something useful for the real world, it's for trial and error not to satisfy our eyes, I wouldn't say it isn't useful. Sorry if my words a bit sharp but I don't want this project ruin just because of an argument
So it was basically poor wording?

As for the project ruined because of arguing... that's pretty normal when creating something in a huge multinational group.

Hey that piece of body work before the begining of the roof scoop is kind of bugging me could we see what it looks like without it.

Sure, I can make a copy without it, probably tomorrow. The scoop is going to get a lot thinner without it, because the dent in the roof would be gone.

Here's the side view right now. The rear end is quite a mess at the moment so don't pay any attention to that :P

Also, I need some sketches of the rear end of the car, so I have a reference to go by.

render5.png

Sure, I can make a copy without it, probably tomorrow. The scoop is going to get a lot thinner without it, because the dent in the roof would be gone.

Here's the side view right now. The rear end is quite a mess at the moment so don't pay any attention to that :P

Also, I need some sketches of the rear end of the car, so I have a reference to go by.

View attachment 284553
Will do.

I think if we were to compare the VGT to a real life car in terms of size, it probably should be somewhere as big as a Lotus Elise, or if smaller, a Tommy Kaira ZZ-S.

That would qualify as kei car size, right?

Tommy Kaira ZZ-S:

Length 3630mm / 142.9in
Width 1740mm / 68.5in
Height 1100mm / 43.3in

Autozam AZ-1:

Length 3295 mm / 129.7 in
Width 1395 mm / 54.9 in
Height 1150 mm / 45.3 in

I would say that it is almost close enough, as long as everyone agrees on it... I used the AZ-1 because I didn't figure a boxy kei car would be good for comparison.

I think the AZ-1 is a good measuring stick. Anything beyond that, i think will not be staying true to the brief.

@eran0004 The models looking amazing, but i still think it looks too wide (beyond that of a Kei car/ Autozam). 👍

Using the AZ-1 as reference, I came up with this driving system diagram.

2s0igbs.png

From L-R:
  1. Front Wheel (Red) & Disc Brake (Orange)​
  2. Driver's Seat (Gold)​
  3. Engine Bay Lining (White)​
  4. Lithium-Ion Battery (Purple)​
  5. Fuel Tank (Pale Green)​
  6. Twin Turbocharged V4 Engine (Blue)​
  7. Electric Motor (Green)​
  8. Rear Wheel (Red) & Disc Brake (Orange)​
  9. 8-Speed Sequential Manual Transmission (Pink)​

Thoughts?​

Just out curiousity is the design correctly proportioned? I mean an 8 speed transmission or transaxle and a battery isn't all that compact. So how would we keep it small? Horizontal engine layout maybe?

Just out curiousity is the design correctly proportioned? I mean an 8 speed transmission or transaxle and a battery isn't all that compact. So how would we keep it small? Horizontal engine layout maybe?
The battery itself is in a horizontal layout.

I found the gearbox to be the toughest part (8-Speed SMT on a Kei Car...) The only way you could possibly place something like that longitudinally inside the car is to use a CVT, which I know people don't want. Attempting to pass this by, I split the two electric motors into two to allow the gearbox to go through and connect to engine (still short, but let's see what others think.).

Also, I'm not sure if it would make a difference for the V4 engine to be horizontal, seeing how the engine block itself is rather, uh, square (as how I see it...)

Back