GTDesigned: A Community Vision GT Project

We'll going to add a series of poll for 3 days, for now the layout

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My car!!!!!
Based off of!:
1980s Group C Porsche(Sides and rear, front fenders, headlights)
late 1990s Panoz Esperate GT1 (Cockpit, profile view)
Toyota TS030 and Audi R18 (Hybrid Power, airflow around the cockpit, Magnesium Wheels.)
The Delta Wing (efficiency from smallness)
Nascar 2012ish? (they had plastic wing on their left side to direct airflow)
2010s Superbikes!
@eran0004 's concept on pg 3 (wheel layout)
@NixxxoN for stating the flaws of erans concept performance wise.
And science. (Parabola, Sodium Oxygen battery)

Enough boring stuff, PERFORMANCE SPECIFICATIONS!!!!
3WD system for increased stability
Weight: ~686KG
Combined Engines: 529hp (356 kg)
Combustion engine: 207 HP V4 1000cc super bike engine! (168kg)
Electric engine: 322 hp (150kg battery + 48 kg engine)
High density Sodium Oxygen battery(last 1 hour at full throttle)
Adjustable high downforce rear wing; lowered or raised about 6 inches(15cm)
Magnesium Wheels (20kg)
Carbon Fiber Chassis, body panels, and a plexiglass window. (~300kg?)

Insert badly drawn images here:
025.JPG

What do you think, fast enough for you? :D @LosCules24SFA & everyone else.

Are their any real cars close to this specs?

Update
while looking for cars with similar specs, the Radical SR8 is the same weight, but it only has 430hp, not 530hp :)

Last edited:
If you guys are going to guess on how much HP your car will have, note that most cars with a ton of horsepower usually use most of it battling drag. A lightweight car with efficient aerodynamics and 300HP can keep up with a 1000HP car with aerodynamics of a brick.

Approximate top speed? And High Density Sodium Oxygen Battery? That sounds epic man!!!! Can you tell me how it works and how it compares to regular batteries? @sk8er913
Sodium Oxygen batteries have been in science labs around the world since January 2013. Their density is 8 times higher than a normal battery which significantly lowers the weight of a battery required. Top speed meh, idk.... approx: 210mph in Low Down force mode seems fair though. :) the radical is 180, but the Audi R18 is about 210
I have the weight of the Radical, but the power near the R18; my drag is probably slightly higher though. So top speed is probably about the same as the R18.

If you guys are going to guess on how much HP your car will have, note that most cars with a ton of horsepower usually use most of it battling drag. A lightweight car with efficient aerodynamics and 300HP can keep up with a 1000HP car with aerodynamics of a brick.

The power of my car is mostly proven. The combustion engine was stolen from a 2012 Ninja Superbike, and the electric engine uses a fords as a base for kw per kg and the batteries early test show that it can store 1.6 kw per hour per kg * 150. Add them together you get a Radical SR8 RX(both are about 680 kg) with an 99 extra hp :D My high downforce, scorpion looking wing, has a lot of drag, but its adjustable, and it needs the downforce to help keep pressure on the rear wheel.

Last edited:
Sodium Oxygen batteries have been in science labs around the world since January 2013. Their density is 8 times higher than a normal battery which significantly lowers the weight of a battery required. Top speed meh, idk.... approx: 220mph in Low Down force mode seems fair though. :)

The power of my car is mostly proven. The combustion engine was stolen from a 2012 Ninja Superbike, and the electric engine uses a fords as a base for kw per kg and the batteries early test show that it can store 1.6 kw per hour per kg * 150. Add them together you get a Radical SR8 RX(both are about 680 kg) with an 99 extra hp :D My high downforce, scorpion looking wing, has a lot of drag, but its adjustable, and it needs the downforce to help keep pressure on the rear wheel.
You should try to draw that car full size. A way you can measure length is let's say it has 17" rims. Measure that with a ruler (say it made it one inch) then mark every inch, and add 17 for how many there is along the car you drew

You should try to draw that car full size. A way you can measure length is let's say it has 17" rims. Measure that with a ruler (say it made it one inch) then mark every inch, and add 17 for how many there is along the car you drew
I would do it in Maya; but I don't want to wait for it to download. :)

I have loved and checked this thread daily since it was created. I have to say, it is going pretty smooth! :)

I would like to say the poll is going exactly how I wish as of right now except for the fuel. 👍

Why bother with the 5 turbo twin engine W50 piston arrangement 7 wheel drive convertible van when we can jump to the holy grail of MRs instead? A full on Formula car with headlights and adjustable suspensions, and no bigger than an elise! Its the world's first, mini road legal Formula Car that anyone can buy! (With some amazing front bumpers too!)
View attachment 264692

Pretty confident with this design
View attachment 264700
Absolutely love this design!
The only thing I do not like is how complicated the front end looks. Also the triple decker spoiler. Other than that, it is awesome!:cheers:

@iName after spending an hour meticulously drawing in microsoft paint ( I have a new hard drive and a slow connection speed) This is what I have some up with, I love my car. XD mmmm 529 HP hybrid :D Front view is my favorite, looks kinda like the TS020 :D
EDIT: added Bottom
bottom.png

sidev.png
top.png
frontview.png

Last edited:
@iName after spending an hour meticulously drawing in microsoft paint ( I have a new hard drive and a slow connection speed) This is what I have some up with, I love my car. XD mmmm 529 HP hybrid :D Front view is my favorite, looks kinda like the TS020 :D
EDIT: added Bottom
View attachment 266985

View attachment 266983 View attachment 266984 View attachment 266982
How big are those engines? I'm trying to recreate that car to see how I can help

Edit: I guessed engine sizes and went for it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    914.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Nice work on the poll, just waiting for the rotary option before completing. When you get a chance. :cheers:

Oh hey @LosCules24SFA you should ask what type of transmission we want and how man gears we want (except CVT)
Manual
(F1 like) Sequential
Dual-Clutch Automatic
CVT (All electric cars)

Gears:
Other

How big are those engines? I'm trying to recreate that car to see how I can help

Edit: I guessed engine sizes and went for it
My V4 is in the front, note our difference in cockpit position. :)

Put "GTPlanet" above VGT? :D

Hybrids are very heavy. That's my main reason for not liking them. I personally want kind of a bare bones car. But I think as more people vote it will even out

Thats Hybrid; which is being devastated in the poll; I don't know why.... Hybrids are faster.
@LosCules24SFA Add weight and power to the poll too? Seems like something useful.
Let's see if it will catch up, and regarding the AWD unfortunately based on the previous poll, AWD is defeated by RWD, but who knows, in the final concept maybe it will have a AWD option for rallying :)

Hybrids are very heavy. That's my main reason for not liking them. I personally want kind of a bare bones car. But I think as more people vote it will even out
They don't have to be heavy, the R18 is 870kg and the concept I designed is estimated to be 686kg. :)

Let's see if it will catch up, and regarding the AWD unfortunately based on the previous poll, AWD is defeated by RWD, but who knows, in the final concept maybe it will have a AWD option for rallying :)
I prefer RWD too... but with 3 wheels... AWD becomes a necessity.:P

For inspirational purposes, but also demotivational (countdown has been stopped 4 times now)
1st, wind; 2nd, wind; 3rd, wind; 4th, someone forgot to close the fuel tank after topping off the Liquid Oxygen: Lets make a car thats not so fragile! :D
http://www.space.com/17933-nasa-television-webcasts-live-space-tv.html

PERFORMANCE UPDATE!
Earlier I said that my design would be using a superbike engine that I found. However after searching, I found a better one! From a GP team, they say their engine has between 230-250 hp(lets say 240 then?), its the same dimensions, and it saves us of 11 KG weight.

New HP: 562 (+33)
New weight: 575KG(-11)
Engine features: Four stroke liquid cooled pneumatic valve engine, V4 ,DOHC 4

Last edited:
Can we have a poll on steering functions? (ie: 4 wheel steer), also pitch angle when steering (ie: motorbike style lean).

Another thing (loosely related) what about steering wheels. If there could be an interior, i'd like to see a PS controller as a method of steering, instead of a steering wheel. Any chance that can be added to the poll too?

Felix Wankel invented the Rotary engine, so just add those two together.

Be nice to have a TSI option where the supercharger kicks in from idle with turbos taking over once reaching boost pressure.

Hope we can build active aero (rudder) in, to compensate for lateral G's in turns and increase the grip. Don't see why yaw control of an aircraft would not control some yaw in a car.

What about a Radial engine added to the poll too?
I can do the radial engine
Felix Wankel invented the Rotary engine, so just add those two together.

Be nice to have a TSI option where the supercharger kicks in from idle with turbos taking over once reaching boost pressure.
unfortunately some people already choose those engines in the poll but they're basically a different engine right? As for the steering wheel I have to conduct a little research

My V4 is in the front, note our difference in cockpit position. :)

Put "GTPlanet" above VGT? :D
So V4 in the front, and I guess that the other engine and electric motor could be in the back for weight distribution, and batteries on the bottom for low center of gravity

Currently it looks like it's going to be a V4 two stroke piston turbocharged mid engine 4 wheeled city car/key car with 6/7/8 sequential manual transmission

Back