GTDesigned: A Community Vision GT Project

We'll going to add a series of poll for 3 days, for now the layout

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Good job with the 3D modeling and all but I think this would be sooooo tail happy that would be undriveable in real life. Imagine a 60's f1 car with only one rear wheel instead of two.

Probably, it would need to have the engine in the front so that the front wheels take the most of the weight.

how about double the wheels at the front but make them smaller, Tyrrell Project 34 style - That will increase the mass at the front, double the tyre contact patch area of the tyres and create less frontal area - so more potential top speed as you'll incur less drag. - articulated wings over the suspension arms could provide some instant dirty downforce on the front axel to prevent understeer and could trim to prevent nose lift at high speeds.

and 5 wheels - That's like a supercar - but one better!

Last edited:
People, people!
All our ideas are going to waste if we don't approve that we will have a community designed VGT.
In other words, we need to contact someone!

I will try to contact some people from GTPlanet, to see if they can at least put a link on the main forum page,
so we can make this thread bigger.

People, people!
All our ideas are going to waste if we don't approve that we will have a community designed VGT.
In other words, we need to contact someone!

I will try to contact some people from GTPlanet, to see if they can at least put a link on the main forum page,
Great idea mate :)

Nuke power would probably be extremely heavy and well impractical. How about a rocket so we can torch the competition! Just kidding. Now Natural gas on the other hand could work...
/
Eh hey way off in the future they might be small enough to fit in your pocket right? I mean this is all fantasy right now. "Laser powered", how much would that system weigh? From the looks of it they've made it unreasonably small for their idea.

That said... I do like the rotary idea.

/
Eh hey way off in the future they might be small enough to fit in your pocket right? I mean this is all fantasy right now. "Laser powered", how much would that system weigh? From the looks of it they've made it unreasonably small for their idea.

That said... I do like the rotary idea.

What about T-Stoff & C-Stoff it will go as fast as a rocket.

@LosCules24SFA @citroengt1

More input to the thread at the moment will just confuse the issue even more IMHO. You need to know what people want, not what people can draw. Something like Survey Monkey might be the best bet (rather than thread polls), with a wide range of questions covering lots of aspects of a car, as well as questions that give feedback against PD's quoted VGTdesign brief, to determine what a GTP VGT might be. Official site support will be great for the concept, but the structure needs to be in place first.

This is just my opinion, not trying to rain on your parade or anything. I think the idea is good, but it needs to be managed properly to achieve the best results.

Guys guys guys did you see the Chaparral VGT trailer? Now that's an impressive car design!

Anyways I really think we should make eran0004 to be our head designer. That three-wheeled monster is just pure excellence!

So it appears that the car will be a turbo charged V10 (gas petrol) engined MR, packaged and combined as something new.

At the moment that is (poll).

[EDIT]

Can we have the amount of wheels in the poll? I'm thinking an 8 wheeler would be cool. :D

To be honest, I've an idea of a new type of rotary engine for years now. Maybe this is the time to share my idea with you guys...

Ford-Gum-12-Inch-Junior--pTRU1-9205192dt.jpg

Inspired by a gumball-machine, where the coin is the fuel and the gumball is the spark, you'll have to turn it 360 degrees for a single stroke. Like that, I designed a simple engine construction (a while ago, the render is just from today because this thread), build up with different engine sides (like a cylinder head, but than more like 'shoulders') and slices to take engines easier apart en build them up again (or to 'tune' them with increasing the number of engine slices + longer shafts).

untitled2014-12-0322174100000.png

untitled2014-12-0322353200000.png

untitled2014-12-0322425900000.png

A few images about the idea, very basic now. But I have to be carefull with promises, very busy at wok this month. I can't promise to work the idea out to a more realistic engine. Small explanation.
In a single engine slice, each roll (part of the shaft) has his own unique position. Numbered the rolls in clockwise position, each roll is turned 135 (90 + 45 degree) degrees from the 'previous' roll position.

To have an unique roll position, each engine slice with the best fuel > power production, I think the second 'roll' in a single shaft is changed 60 degrees CCW. So the third roll on the first shaft is rotated 120 degrees compared with the first roll.

1 'roll' or dish in better English (??) has 2 identical gaps, with I believe, a realistic shape that could work with fuel injection and the fuel explosion afterwards. Roll-chambers can be excluded in 'economic' mode, and in racemodus maybe a little more fuel/air for a bigger explosion + all rolls in action.

Sorry if my English is worse... it was a long day at work, but really wanted to share this with you all. Tomorrow the same day as today.. From 8:00 am till 8 Pm. :indiff:

Hey guys do you think we should create a closed group for all people that participated in this project, if you have a question or want to know more about their ideas you can call that person directly using the Facebook Messenger app, what do you guys think?

This is my attempt, I would really like it if somebody could 3D render it to see how it turns out. You can change anything, but keep the basic shape of it.
I started by drawing a longitudinal V12 engine, drew a person sitting, then drew the actual car to make it realistic. It's MR, and it's called the GT-Prototype.
I'm currently working on different variations and a rough sketch of the interior. Requests for the interior?

Update: I colored it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Dont you think we need to come up with a base car chassis system thing? Because where I'm seeing it right now, there are 3 wheelers, classic sports, supers, hypers and formula cars and there would be a massive arguement on what is going to be used... If we could say that we are building a MR hyper then there would be less arguement on design

Dont you think we need to come up with a base car chassis system thing? Because where I'm seeing it right now, there are 3 wheelers, classic sports, supers, hypers and formula cars and there would be a massive arguement on what is going to be used... If we could say that we are building a MR hyper then there would be less arguement on design
You can see the new survey in the first page

This is my attempt, I would really like it if somebody could 3D render it to see how it turns out. You can change anything, but keep the basic shape of it.
I started by drawing a longitudinal V12 engine, drew a person sitting, then drew the actual car to make it realistic. It's MR, and it's called the GT-Prototype.
I'm currently working on different variations and a rough sketch of the interior. Requests for the interior?
I like it :)

Latest Posts

Back