Gtmaster's story of Gran Turismo

• Thread starter gtmaster08
  • 104 comments
United States
Southern Pines
Saber_Leonhart
Cloud Of Advent
Here, I will tell about the story of Gran Turismo. It's a tale filled with love, trust, loyalty, family issues, betrayal, and a whole LOT of racing action!

CHAPTER I: From humble and not-so-humble beginnings!

A long time ago, there was a rich young man in California named Lemar Bennett. Thing is the way he looked, you wouldn't be able to tell if he was rich because he didn't wear fancy clothes or even had a big house. Nope, he helped his dad Spencer Bennett, run the family's garage/auto center! But he was known amongst his friends as "Zero" because he had never won a race in his ENTIRE life.:ouch: And it was always because he had to race the meanest driver in the entire state named "The Crusher" because whenever he raced against him, Crusher would always wreck his car.:scared: What Lemar drove, he always considered it to be special, it was a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution version V. Crusher would always drive a R34 Nissan Skyline, and it always seemed to outperform Lemar's car. Anyway one day in September while Lemar and his dad were doing some work on his car because Lemar was gearing up for another race, a customer came in for their custom part order. Lemar hears them and goes to the front desk, his hands dirty with oil. Lemar asks, "Hello, may we help you today?" The customer says, "Uh yes, I came for my order. You know, the Turbocharger kit?" Lemar responds, "Ah, yes. We have your order in the back, I'll go and get it." While going towards the back his dad asks, "Who was it?". He says, "It's the customer who ordered the Turbocharger set a week ago." "Well did you ask for the customer's ID?" Spencer asks. "Um, no. I forgot, I was still thinking about today's race." Lemar said. "Well then, go and ask him! We're not giving handouts, remember?" "Ok dad, I will." So Lemar goes back and asks, "Excuse me sir, may I see your ID?" "Of course you can, my boy." The customer reaches in his coat and retrieves his ID. Lemar takes a look and his eyes widens.:eek: He yells, "DAD, come here!" Spencer comes in running. "What's wrong?" Lemar says, "Dad, take a look at what his ID says!" Spencer looks and HIS eyes widen. "You, you're the..." The man nods. "That's right boys, I'm the commissioner of the GT league, Grant Torino! Lemar says, "Oh wow, dang! It's an honor having you at our store!":bowdown:

(end of chapter 1)

Last edited:
Nice thread. There some fixes to thread:
-There is no Lancer Evo V in GT1 - they still unrelased at 1997, where GT1 relased.

Well about that, I just said "Gran Turismo". I didn't mean Gran Turismo 1, I just meant "Gran Turismo" period. In other words, you will see cars and licenses from GT1 and GT2! I just put this in the GT1 section because Parnelli Bone already has his story in the GT2 thread. Anyway, here's the second chapter!

Chapter II: Crusher's past revealed! Race at Laguna Seca!

Grant looks at Lemar and Spencer and says, "Whoa, easy boys!" "I know that I'm the commissioner, but I'm not any more different than you guys!" Lemar looks at him and says, "But Grant, I've always wanted to meet you ever since I first got my license!":drool: Grant laughs and says, "Really? Well what license do you have?" "Just this one sir." Lemar fishes out his license and gives it to Grant. "Well I see that you have an A class license Lemar, have you been in any big races yet?" Lemar then looks sad and says, "No sir, I haven't. After all, I'm still having trouble beating this guy named Crusher." "Crusher you say? Why he used to be in GT's finest!" Grant responded. "Hey, aren't they the only 6 drivers ever to race the best in their league?" Spencer asks with wonder. Grant says, "That's correct. As a matter of fact, he used to be the US champion in the league!" "Used to?:confused: What happened to him"? Lemar asks. Grant siged heavily and said, "Well one day while he raced in the GT World Cup he was caught modifying his car before the race started with parts from the other countries' cars to power up his own." Spencer said, "I see, go on." "As a result, we had to disqualify him and revoke him of his license.:ouch: He did NOT take that well." "So, even before he came here to race he was always a cheater!" Lemar said. "Indeed." Grant added. "Anyway, you're having trouble keeping up with him?" he asked. Lemar said, "Well, every time I race him I always seem to never have enough power to keep up with him and when he passes me he goes out of his way to try to make me wreck my car." Spencer said, "Yeah, Lemar's been trying to race him for about a year now and he hasn't beat him yet." Grant suddenly smiled. "Well, then. Maybe you need an "edge" to win!" Lemar asked, "What do you mean?" "I mean, one of the Turbocharger kits is now yours." Lemar gasped in wonder. "Seriously? That's awesome!" "Well son, maybe now you can beat him!" Spencer said. Lemar nodded and said, "Ok then, I will install this part and race like I've never raced before!" "You need any help with that Lemar?" Grant asked. "You'd help us out with this? I am truly honored sir!" Spenced said with pride. "Of course, I will because I'm also a fairly knowledgeable mechanic too!" Grant said. "Well then, let's get to work!" Lemar said.

<The next day...>

"Welcome racers one and all, to the Laguna Seca speedway!" was the announcer's words over the speakerphone in the stands of the speedway. Lemar, was feeling pretty confident after they installed the Turbocharger in his Lancer so he was feeling pretty good now. While he started up his car, Crusher drove up in his Skyline and started to taunt Lemar. "Hey Zero, you're STILL racing in THAT piece of garbage?" "Crusher, you're going down cheater!" Lemar yelled back. "Heh, tough words coming from a loser!" Crusher retorted. Then, the light started going down and Lemar and Crusher got ready by revving up their motors.

"3... 2... 1... GO!" The announcer said with the green light and the race was on!

(end of chapter 2)

Last edited:
Nice story so far 👍. Much better than your scientist symposium attempt ;). Just a suggestion though, break up your paragraphs to make it easier to read. Otherwise it's quite a good start :).

Well, I'll keep that in mind but I can't promise anything. And with that, here's the third chapter.

Chapter III: Crusher crushed! Lemar's hate revealed?!

"3... 2... 1... GO!" with those words, Lemar and Crusher flew off the starting line with everyone cheering both of them on. As always, Crusher got an early lead but Lemar was right on his tail! But unbeknownst to everyone at the track, 5 silent figures were intently watching the race with an unerring stare.
As both racers rounded the corners, Crusher started to pull away from Lemar until he came to the first tight corner of the course and slowed down a little too late. Then Lemar took that chance, and raced ahead of Crusher while Crusher struggled with his car to catch up, due to it being overpowered and weighed down with his stolen parts.

But it didn't take long for Crusher to take the lead again and he passed Lemar, bumping Lemar's car along the way. Lemar looked at Crusher and gave him an angry stare but Crusher simply gave him a smug smile right back. Then they came upon the corkscrew turn on the track, to which Crusher and Lemar both navigated the janky turn without their performance fluctuating a bit.
Then eventually they came upon the nasty hairpin turn, and Crusher tried to powerslide through but he ended up driving into the wall and damaged his vehicle some. Then Lemar noticed this and took advantage of this moment too and passed Crusher to take the first lap. Only two more crosses of the finish line and the race would be over.

But just then, Crusher regained himself and drove after Lemar with his eyes burning full of hatred.:mad: "How can this loser actually be beating me?" he thought bitterly.:irked: "Oh well, maybe I can force him to forfeit by damaging his car enough!":sly: So he waited until the first turn came back and then he made his move. Lemar never saw him coming from behind. WHAM! Lemar felt a violent bump from behind and saw that Crusher was trying to force him off the track. "I can't lose to him! Not after all that hard work I did to the car! But at the same time I also don't want to lose this car!" So Lemar let Crusher pass and Crusher drove back and stopped by him with the window down. He then said, "See you later loser! I'm always going to win and you know why?"

"No, why?" Lemar said out of sarcasm. "Because..." Crusher said. "Your car is weaker than mine!" Then at that exact monent, Lemar had a flashback to his childhood to the time before his best friend died before Crusher with him saying that exact line. Then Crusher drove off and Lemar became enraged with hate for Crusher and in turn he raced after him in his partially battered car. Crusher then took the second lap but Lemar caught up to Crusher again with little difficulty and kept up with him for the rest of the race.
Then near the end of the track, Crusher prepared to make his final crossing but Lemar didn't want him to win at any cost. Then he finally closed the gap between them. Lemar thought quickly and decided it was time to use his nitrous canister he got from his friend before he died. He expertly installed the canister and used it. VROOOOM! the Lancer quickly sped up to a great, yet somehow controllable speed. Crusher looked in his mirror and saw Lemar coming. He panicked and tried to drive away but it was too late. Lemar rammed Crusher's car with such force that he knocked the car away from the starting line. The car bounce-rolled a few times before crashing near the pit entrance.

Lemar quickly shut off the canister and took the final lap to win the race! The crowd fell silent for a brief moment then erupted with thunderous cheering for Lemar. But Lemar didn't hear them as he walked to where Crusher stood. He then grabbed Crusher up and held him in place. Crusher struggled to escape but it was far too late. Lemar then punched him in the face so hard that Crusher flew to the wall near the hairpin turn and slammed into the wall! Then Lemar noticed Crusher's license and tore it up saying, "It's just been revoked!"

Last edited:
"It's Just Been Revoked."

I think that may go up in the ranks up with "Welcome to Earth" from Independence Day.

Well, before I continue my story I would like to know what you all think of my story so far. Who knows? I might even include you in my tale!:)

It's got imagination (your story that is), which is good. Don't put me in the story, tho....I'll just wind up micro-managing things. :lol:

Sure man, whatever you say. And now, here's the fourth chapter!

Chapter IV: Lemar's newfound talent realized? Enter GT's finest!

Lemar stood over Crusher's unmoving body on the track as the medics came to his aid. They asked Lemar, "What happened?" He simply responded, "Crusher got in a car accident." And with that, Lemar walked over to the pit stop tents where the winners were announced there. "And for the first time ever, we have a new champion of the Laguna Seca speedway!" "Come on up here Lemar, and say a few words!" were the announcer's words as Lemar walked up on the podium. "Well..." Lemar started. "I couldn't have done it without my dad, but I also have Grant to thank!":)👍 Spencer and Grant wave to Lemar as he looks up in the press booth.

Just then, 5 people walked up on the podium to where Lemar was. Lemar turned around and said, "Who are you?" Their leader said, "Ja, my name is Herman Schwartzengruben, leader of the finest of the GT." Lemar blinked and said, "Wait, you all are the GT's finest?!" "Quite, young lad. Master Herman here is the leader of the racers' sector from Germany. I'm Nigel Kentsworth, the racer from the England sector." "Oui, monseiur Bennett. And I am... how you say, the "leader" of the France racer sector." "Nice to meet you sir." Lemar said to the racer. "You may call me... Sam" was the reply.

Another one of the drivers pounded his chest with pride and said, "And I am Andy Masterson, leader of the Italian sector!" Lemar was amazed. "You speak english? But I thought you hailed from Italy!" "Nah" Andy said. "I used to live in the US before I was asked to become the leader of Italy's racing sector." "And I am the last recent racer in the Finest. My name is Sasuke." he said. Lemar thought and said, "And I'm guessing that you're the leader of Japan's racing sector?" Sasuke merely answered, "That's right.":indiff:

Lemar was totally blown over by their presence. Grant walked up and said, "Lemar, I'm going to be honest with you. How you raced today, well..." "Well what?" Lemar wondered. "Well, how'd you like to be the new leader of the US's racing sector?" :eek: Lemar said, "For real? I'd love to!" Grant laughed and said, "Well ok then! But there is one tiny formality you have to do after you accept this position." Spencer asked, "And what would he have to do?" Grant said, "All he has to do is get his I-C license." Lemar said with confidence, "Ok then, in that case I will get the I-C license with all I've got!"

Does the first GT have an I-C licence, tho? I thought there was just the B, A, and I-A. Or are you bending the rules a bit?

The story is pretty cool, but for a leader position Spencer should have least the license I-A. I-C would be to easy.

2 things;

to parnelli bone: Don't forget, I never said that this was the story of Gran Turismo 1. I just said "Gran Turismo". In other words, just the story of Gran Turismo in general.

to GTRufus: Funny thing, you actually guessed a later part of the story! But trust me, we will find out about Spencer's secret racing history when we get to it. And by the way, Grant offered Lemar the position of leader of the US's racing sector. And as for the qualifications, Grant has had every one of GT's finest acquire an I-C license before THEY became the leaders of their respective sectors. After all, they worked their way up until they all got their I-A licenses. But like I said, that's all going to be in the story later. Oh, and thanks for your comment on my story.

Last edited:
After just one race, he's being appointed to the leader of the American Sector?

Uh... okay, your story dude.

I know it seems a little off, but that's the thing. It IS only the start of the story. More will be explained in later chapters, and then it'll make sense. Besides, what fun would it be to give you guys a spoiler?:sly: After all, I like keeping you guys in suspense, that's the mark of a decent storyteller!;) By the way, what's up with the whole "Image Selfdestruct"? Is that something new we started?

Last edited:
Here's chapter V, sorry about the double post.:ouch: I just assumed that you all were waiting for me to put up the next chapter. By the way, quick recap; Lemar first met Grant in chapter I, learned about Crusher's part in chapter II, raced (and beat him up) Crusher in chapter III, and now he decided to join GT's finest in chapter IV!

Chapter V: Lemar's test! "I-C" a new license!

(GT license center, San Diego)
(September 5, morning)

"Ah, you must be Lemar." the I-C examiner said with great professional grace.:) Lemar responded, "That's right, I'm here for the test." "Very well, may we see proof of your A license please?" asked the examiner. Lemar gave them his A license, and they entered the information into the computer. "Ok then, you will be taking the test in a Civic Sedan." "What?:scared: I can't use my Lancer?" "I'm afraid not sir. Only I-C sanctioned cars may be used here.":guilty: "Well in that case, may I at least use a Mercury Cougar?" "Hmm, I'll have to check the availability... ah yes, there's one available!" "Then I'll use that one please." "Certainly, just one moment..." The examiner entered in some new information on the computer. "Here we go, you may go take the test now." "Where will the test be at, if you don't mind me asking?" "All parts of the test will be done in the Seattle Circuit track." "Oh, really?" "That's correct sir, your flight will be leaving in an hour."

<1 hour later...>
(San Diego international, 11:30 am)

Spencer was busting with excitement. "Oh Lemar, I can't tell you how proud I am of you taking this test!":D Grant walked up and said, "Well Lemar, how do you feel?" "Personally, I feel a little excited and nervous at the same time." "Well don't worry son. Pre-test jitters, I even used to have them!" Lemar looked at him, "What?" Grant quickly cleared his throat and Spencer said, "Oh nothing!" Lemar thought, "What was that all about?":odd: But he had no time, as the intercom said "Flight 283 now departing for Seattle international!"

Lemar then shrugged, "Oh well, I'll think about that later..." And the 3 of them left on their flight.

Last edited:
"Well don't worry son. Pre-test jitters, I even used to have them!" Lemar looked at him, "What?" Grant quickly cleared his throat and Spencer said, "Oh nothing!" Lemar thought, "What was that all about?"

shouldnt it be like this: Lemar looked at him, "What?" Grant quickly cleared his throat and said, "Oh nothing!"...?

Nope! I meant to say it like that. Thing is, if I explained myself for wording that sentence like I did, I'd be giving you guys a spoiler. And I already told you, NO spoilers! After all, isn't it more fun to keep you guys in suspense about what happens next?:sly:

Well, since it's been a while... that means it's time for a new chapter!

Chpater VI: Rev up your engines! The I-C test begins!

(Sheraton Suites, Seattle)
(September 6, 7:00 a.m.)

Lemar yawned and stretched as he got out of bed. "Man," Spencer said, "that flight wore me out." "Tell me about it." Grant added, also getting out of bed. "Whenever I have to fly, I always get like this.":yuck: "So, when will my test be?" Grant looked at his watch and said, "Your test should be in about 3 hours." "Hey Dad, can we get some breakfast? I'm hungry!" Spencar laughed and said, "Sure son, we'll come too. After all, I could use some coffee...":lol: "And after we eat, we'll head over to the circuit to get you ready for your test." Grant said. "Ok then, it's a plan!":)

<2 hours, 45 minutes later...>
(Seattle Circuit, 9:45 a.m.)

"Well, we're here!" Grant said with pride. "Huh, so this is the test course for the I-C class..." Lemar said with awe.:cool: "Yep, you do good here today and I'll take you to see the game later on." Spencer said, while smiling. "Really? Who's playing the Seahawks today?" "Why your team of course!" "No way, the Panthers are playing them today?":eek: "Yeah, for the 4:15 game." "Yeah!" Lemar exclaimed. "Now THAT'S some serious motivation!":D:) "Ahem." the proctor cleared his throat. "Oh! Ah, heh heh heh..." Lemar laughed nervously. "Sorry, I'm just really pumped up for today's test." "Ah, well we'll see..." "So are you ready for the test?" the proctor asked.

"Yes sir, I'm ready." Lemar nodded. "Very well, let's begin your test." "Your test car is waiting outside." Lemar turned and said, "Wish me luck guys!"

<10 I-C tests later...>

TEST RESULTS

I-C 1: GOLD
I-C 2: GOLD
I-C 3: GOLD
I-C 4: GOLD
I-C 5: GOLD
I-C 6: GOLD
I-C 7: GOLD
I-C 8: GOLD
I-C 9: GOLD
I-C 10: GOLD

"Well done Lemar, you passed the I-C license test with flying colors!" "Yeah! I did it!" "Now then if you'll come with me, we will go get your license updated."
said the proctor.

huh, I guess I must have lost my audience... I don't see them anymore.

And when you thought you've lost everyone, I came back :sly:. Great chapters so far man, you're getting better at them (especially in pacing the story) 👍. Keep it up 👍.

Well thank you. Anyway, since it's been a while I will now put up this chapter.

Chapter VII: A new leader is born!

(Sheraton Suites, Seattle)
(September 6, noon)

"I did it!" Lemar proudly proclaimed while holding up his license. "Congrats Lemar! You are now the GT's Finest leader of the US sector!" Grant said with a smile. "I can't believe it, my son is growing up...":( Spencer cried. "Dad, is something wrong?" "No Lemar. It's just that I'm so proud of you!" Spencer said. "Uh guys?" Lemar asked. "What?" they both said. "Can we go get some lunch? I'm HUNGRY!" "Sure!" Grant said. "After all, racing can work up an appetite!"

<a few hours later...>

(Qwest Field, Seattle)
(September 6, 4:15 p.m.)

"Wow, this is awesome!" Lemar couldn't contain himself. "Well, I DID say that I would take you and Grant to the game later on right?" Spencer asked. "Yeah, you sure did!" Lemar said while grinning. "And it gets even better, because we have the box seats!" Grant said. "Yeah, I can really see great from up here, too bad for the other fans." Spencer said with a chuckle.

*knock knock* "Come in." Grant said. "Hey guys! What's up?" Andy exclaimed. "Andy?" "Not just me, we're all here!" Sasuke said as him and the other leaders came in the room. "Well, you seem a bit cheerier than before!" Lemar said with a a grin. "Well, we all heard that you scored all gold on the test!" "Quite." Nigel said.

"That was no small feat lad, you did better than we did on OUR first tests!" "Aw guys,:embarrassed: you're making me blush!" Lemar said.

Thanks! And by the way, when I created Andy Masterson I kind of got my inspiration from this Fatal Fury character named Andy Bogard. You see, each one of the racers in the GT's finest has a distinct quality about them. Herman's strong and kind, Nigel's a classy driver, Sam's a elegant competitor, Sasuke's the indifferent one (like Sasuke Uchiha) and then I wanted the racer that led Italy's racing sector to be a bit more like Andy Bogard. Confident, tough, but with a good heart.

Well he IS a mechanic, after all... plus he flipped the auto-pilot button before he inserted the canister. And as for him working, he has great mechanical skills. By the way, have any of you figured out who is Lemar's unknown love interest is yet? If not, then I will not spoil it for you but I WILL say this; she will be introduced in the next chapter.

Back