Gtmaster's story of Gran Turismo

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 1' started by gtmaster08, Sep 3, 2009.

1. LeGeNd-1

LeGeNd-1 Premium

LOL at the canister argument.

Anyway, another solid chapter :tup:. Looking forward to the next one :).

2. gtmaster08

gtmaster08

Sorry to break it to you all, but I won't be writing any more chapters for a while:guilty: because I am about to enter the biggest Pokemon tournament ever and as such, I will be really busy. But what I WILL do is give you a sneak preview of the next chapter (despite me giving NO spoilers, I'll make an exception in this case. Just once) Basically, the Sunday Cup begins and Lemar along with Herman and Sam race in it. Also, Lemar finds out that Sam has a deep crush on him but is too shy to admit it.:O And also, Sasuke makes a secret alliance with Lemar and Andy that could either strengthen the GT's Finest or weaken it. But fret not, after all... I hear Parnelli Bone is still writing; you can enjoy him while I'm gone.:):D;) Oh, and Merry Chistmas GTplanet! Oh, I almost forgot;

all moderators: Don't close this thread. I will return, I promise.

3. gtmaster08

gtmaster08

Well everyone, I'm back! Anyway, since I'm no longer in the tournament that I mentioned I am free to continue writing my epic tales! But, sadly you'll have to wait until noon. It is 12:14 am as I write this. Oh, sorry about the double post by the way.

4. LeGeNd-1

LeGeNd-1 Premium

If your posts are a few days apart, then it's not considered a double post.

5. gtmaster08

gtmaster08

Right, I'll be sure to remember that. And now, the 8th chapter!

Chapter VIII: Lemar's big day! The Sunday Cup begins!

(McDonald's, somewhere in Seattle)
    (September 7, 9:00 a.m.)
    "Man I can't wait to show off my stuff!" Lemar said that morning while having his breakfast with Spencer, Grant, and the others. "Well, now, I guess you won't have to wait any longer!" Grant said with a chuckle. "Huh? What do you mean?" Spencer said. "Well, the Sunday cup is supposed to begin today and last for 3 days." Andy said while drinking some coffee. "Really? So are you all racing in it?" "Nope, I won't be there" Sasuke said. "Got some business elsewhere in the state.":indiff: "I'm afraid I won't be there as well Master Lemar.":guilty: Nigel said while glancing from his paper. "I'm wanted at the test course for my I-A license renewal." "Renewal?" "Oh don't worry lad. Every 3 years we in the GT's finest have to get a new license or renew our I-A license." "Yep, but usually the tests get easier when you have had practice like me." Andy said. "Well anyway; Lemar, Herman, Sam. We have to go catch our flight to Beckley so that we can enter in the race." "Ok, you ready dad?" "Eh, more or less."

<a few hours later...>

(Beckley, West Virginia)
    (September 7, 1:30 p.m.)
    [Autumn Ring course, box seat area]
    "So, who are we up against?" Lemar asked while putting his gear on. "Let's see... ah. here we go." Grant softly said while looking through the Sunday Cup program. "Today, you will be up against 3 C class cars; all of them FF." A Sprinter Trueno BZ-G, A Infiniti Primera '95 2.0Te, and a Corolla Levin BZ-G." "Hmm, basic cars huh?" Spencer said thoughtfully. "So it's a free race, but for the sake of decency only use C or B class cars." Grant added. "Ok then, I guess I'll use my Mercury against them." Lemar said. "Ja, I guess I'll be using the 328i Saloon." Herman said while stretching. "So, I guess that leaves me with my Peugeot 406 3.0 V6 Coupe then." Sam said. "Ok, let's go!" Lemar said while pumping his fist.:)

<30 minutes later...>
    "Ladies and Gentlemen! Welcome to this year's Sunday Cup in beautiful Beckley!" the announcer said. "And today's race is set here, in Autumn Ring!" VROOM! VROOM! All of the racers revved their engines and waited for the green light to go off. "3... 2... 1... GO!" And the Sunday Cup was underway!

(To be continued...)

6. Parnelli Bone

Parnelli Bone Premium

I've been playing ToCA 3 finally, after buying it and not touching this game for like two or 3 years. :guilty: Anybody not familiar should try it. It's a 'car-pg'...it's got a story to it as you play along. Pretty entertaining..although I'll warn you cuz if you suck, your pit-coach won't mince words! He'll get in your face and TELL you why exactly you suck!

I forget why I posted this here. Oh yea, because it's a story, and GTMaster is writing a story. Never mind...:guilty: Not making much sense.

7. gtmaster08

gtmaster08

Well, with a new day comes a new chapter!

Chapter IX: An easy victory! Sam loves Lemar?​

(Autumn Ring speedway, Beckley)
    (September 7, 1:30 p.m.)
    The race was underway! "Ok, I can do this!" Lemar was thinking as he rounded the first turn while keeping his Mercury under control. As the racers rounded the track to end the first lap Lemar was keeping a manageable lead over the other drivers but sure enough, Sam was on his tail with Herman trailing them in 4th place behind the Levin BZ-G. "I'm not going to lose today, Lemar!" Sam was thinking while keeping up with Lemar in the hairpin turn near the abandoned pit area that was closed off. "Hmm, Lemar's got some amazing potential..." Grant was thinking while watching the race. "Come on Lemar! You can do it!" Spencer was yelling from the stands not knowing when he stood up in a frenzy he spilled his 42oz cup of Sprite.:D:p:rolleyes::lol:

"In just one moment, the first race of the Sunday Cup will be over!" the announcer said over the loudspeakers from the press box as the competitors took the second lap while the flagger waved the white flag. "Ok, I'm almost done here... just gotta make this last lap!" Lemar said to himself. Just then, Herman finally passed the Levin on the hairpin turn near the big "Mitsubishi" and "Honda" signs overlooking the turn. But amazingly, Sam wasn't giving up!:eek: So she waited until the turn near the deserted pit area then she started slipstreaming behind Lemar. "Hm? What's Sam doing?" Lemar wondered.

:eek::eek:Then it hit him!:eek::eek: SHE WAS TRYING TO SLINGSHOT AROUND HIM!!:scared: And he knew with that technique, she was going to win. After all, they were nearing the end of the race and he was desperately trying to shake her but she stuck behind him like glue!:scared::scared: Time was running out... But he had one last trick to win, he waited until the straightaway because he knew that was when she would make her move. Predictably, she tried to go around him and as soon as she did he started going into a spinout.

"!" Sam thought. She knew; if she hit him he would win because at the speed he was going, the additional force would send him barreling forward. So she slowed down to avoid him, but it was too late. Lemar's bluff worked! He then quickly regained control and took the last lap to win! "The race has ended! Lemar has taken the race!!" The announcer was screaming over the loudspeaker, with the fans erupting in a loud cheer.

"I did it!" Lemar said, getting out the car as Grant came up to him. "Congrats, Lemar! Here is a check for $5,000!":tup: Lemar took the check while still smiling from ear to ear. "Ja, that vas a good vin!" Herman said also getting out. "Hmm, I didn't think I would lose today. Nicely done, monseiur Bennett." Sam said getting out of the car. "Well, I gotta admit; you scared me with that slipstream move and it was pretty good." Lemar responded. "Well everyone, let's get back to the hotel!" Grant said.

<later that evening...>
    (Sheraton Suites, Seattle)
    (9:30 p.m.)
    "Ugh, another LONG flight...":yuck: Lemar said checking in. "I know, right?" Spencer said while stretching. "But anyway, let's get back to our rooms dad."

<10 minutes later, after eating dinner...>
    (Lemar's room, room 103)
    *knock knock* "Come in." Lemar said while watching the highlights from today's race. "Monseiur Bennett?" "Oh hi, Sam." Lemar said a bit tired-like. "Something wrong Lemar?" "Huh? Oh no, just; long day." Lemar said yawning. "Oh. I... have something to tell you." "What is it Sam?" "Do you remember the first time we met?" "Oh yeah, it was at a Starbucks right?" Lemar added. "Indeed, only you didn't know who I was back then." "Heh, yeah..." Lemar said while shrugging. "Well ever since that day I first saw you, I... couldn't stop thinking about you." "Sam? What're you saying?" "Lemar... I like you." "Ah, right back at you Sam." "No, you don't understand..." Sam said.

"Then, what DID you mean?" Sam then took off her racing helmet in response. "!":eek::confused: "You're... a girl?!" "Yes, I am." Sam said while brushing her long brown hair back. "Wow, you really like me?" "Uh huh." "Wow... I don't know what to say...":O "Then don't say anything." As she said that, she leaned in and kissed him. "!!" Lemar was speechless. "Wow..." that was the only thing he could think of at that moment.

<"see you later space cowboy...">

8. LeGeNd-1

LeGeNd-1 Premium

So this is turning into a romance story now? :lol:

9. tankuroded

tankuroded

Is you nitpicking 'bout that? Please no.

10. LeGeNd-1

LeGeNd-1 Premium

Nitpicking? Of course not. I just find it funny that gtmaster included romance factors into his story that is supposedly about racing and the world of GT :lol:. Then again, gtmaster can be quite random, so it isn't that surprising.

11. gtmaster08

gtmaster08

Well at the beginning, did I NOT say that there would be some love in my story? But no worries; I'm still sticking to my story and after all, we still have a long way to go. And a little side note; if you thought THAT was random, wait until you see what car is going to appear in the NEXT chapter...

12. tankuroded

tankuroded

Oh. I see. :D Funny opinion tough :lol:

13. AERO_HDT

AERO_HDT

I'm always one to enjoy a good read, especially in the GT world. It looks like there are a few good storytellers here, gtmaster, please keep going.

It would be great if you could space out your paragraphs though, as they're a bit tricky to absorb all in one block.

;)

14. gtmaster08

gtmaster08

I can't believe it... I'm already 1/3 done with this tale! So, guess I'd better make THIS chapter special huh?

Chapter X: Lemar's awesome luck! The AM2 race is here!

(Lemar's room, room 103)
    (10:30 am)

"Looks like another awesome day!" Lemar said while yawning and stretching out of bed. "But wasn't gtmaster supposed to introduce this 'new car' he promised the readers?" "Wow, I can't believe I just broke the fourth wall..."
    <30 seconds later...> "Hmm, I wonder where the next race will be?" Lemar thought while walking down the hallway to the cafeteria. But when he got in there, he was in for QUITE a shock. There were a LOT of people in racing uniforms in there. :eek::eek:"Dang, I've never seen so many racers in one place!::eek::eek: Lemar was thinking. So as such, he had to wait in line before he could get his breakfast. "Hey, what's up with all the racers in here?" he asked one of the frycooks behind the counter. "Hey, aren't you the one who won the first round of the Sunday Cup in Autumn Ring?" one of them asked Lemar. "Uh yeah, that's me." "Wow, well good job on the race! We all were watching here in the suites." "Thanks, so back to my question..." "Oh, they're all here to race on that new course, Three Seven Speedway." Lemar was a bit skeptical about this.

:confused::confused:After all, how could there be a new course that he'd never even heard of until now?:confused::confused: "Pardon me sir, but where's this course at?" Lemar asked. "Oh, it's in the Las Segas area." "What the? 'Las Segas'???" "Well, some years back there were a lot of Daytona USA fans." "Ah yes, around '95 right?" Lemar asked thoughtfully. "Yeah, anyway there were SO many fans of the game that they decided to turn the courses in the game into actual designated tracks for the AM2 GP. And that one is near the Las Vegas outskirts." "Oh, now I see. Well, thanks for the food!" Lemar said as he left for his room to tell Grant about this.

(Sheraton Suites- meeting room)
    (11:30 am)
    "So, they've added a new course huh?" Grant said after Lemar called a meeting to tell Spencer, Sam, Grant, Andy, Nigel, Herman, and Sasuke about this new piece of news. "That's right. You know, I don't think that there's another race for a couple of days, right dad?" "Well, it says here that the second race of the Sunday Cup doesn't begin until next saturday and its on the High Speed Ring course." Spencer said looking at the program details on the GT Central web page. "So, they started the AM2 again..." Saskue said with a sigh. "Wait, how do you know about it?" Lemar said with a quizzical look.:confused: "They did the same thing in Japan around where I lived before I joined the GT's Finest." "Well isn't that a good thing?" Lemar asked. "No, because everyone always expected me to compete in the races." "How so?" Herman asked. "Sorry Herman, but I don't want to talk about it; long story." "Oh, well that's fine." "So Lemar, think you're up for racing on their tracks?" Andy asked with a grin. "You know it!" Lemar said while giving a :tup:. "Well, there IS a 2:15 flight to Las Vegas..." Grant said with a soft smile. "You wanna go Lemar?" "Sure, let's go everyone!"

"see you later, space cowboy..."

15. gtmaster08

gtmaster08

Hmm... is everyone gone again? After all, I put up a new chapter.:)

16. Parnelli Bone

Parnelli Bone Premium

GT1 and GT2 have been pretty much dead. That's why I stopped writing, to be honest. I need an audience. :lol:

17. gtmaster08

gtmaster08

I probably know why; it's because of GT5 I bet. But anyway, since YOU at least replied to my story I'll do the same for you. I mean, it's the least a fellow writer can do for you right?:):tup::idea:

18. gtmaster08

gtmaster08

Well, since it's been a LONG while since I put up a chapter I guess I'll post another one to keep things going. Oh and for the record, don't tell me about this because I know that AM2 is affiliated with SEGA but the only reason I included them is because Daytona USA was a racing game back in '95 and I loved it! Plus, this is a filler chapter so yeah; let's do this thing!

Chapter XI: Race on the lucky course! Where is everyone?​

It was quiet in the Sheraton except for a few people coming through the main lobby who live there. "Well, I guess I'll go see if Grant and the others are up yet." Lemar said while getting up from bed. Yawning, he went next door to his dad's room but strangely enough he wasn't there. "Huh, that's odd. Oh well, me must have gotten a head start already."

So he went to Grant's room but no one there either! :boggled:"WOW, where IS everyone?":boggled:" Lemar asked himself as he looked further into Grant's room. "Huh?" he said when he saw a note on the door. Lemar, we all went to Three Seven to watch the AM2 classic; we didn't wake you because you looked wiped out. -Grant "Ah, I see. Ok then; Three Seven it is!" Lemar said as he left to go watch.

<later that night...>
    "Wow, I've never seen a car crash THAT hard!" Lemar was gushing as the Finest along with Lemar and Spencer went to their rooms. "I know, and how about the way that car spun out?" Spencer replied. "Yeah, I didn't think it could lose its tires that way." Lemar said getting ready for bed. "Well anyway, tomorrow's the big day; the second leg of the Sunday Cup!" Spencer said to Lemar. "Ok dad, see you tomorrow!"

I know; the chapter was rather short but it WAS a filler chapter. Plus there wasn't much to say about the race anyway because that same night the news had said that much of the racers who raced in that leg of the AM2 GP won't race again due to the damage to the cars. Anyway, I guess that's all until the next one...

see you later space cowboy...

19. gtmaster08

gtmaster08

Wow, this thread is quickly going nowhere huh? In that case, I move for this thread to be "recycled".

20. Ceilrux1

Ceilrux1

dont recycle it. its a good story and i want to read the ending

21. gtmaster08

gtmaster08

Well thank you! It's nice to know that I still get viewers. Ok then, I will post up a new chapter later on today. And it will entail the second leg of the Sunday cup which will take place at the High Speed Ring course. As for who is racing alongside our hero, Nigel and Sasuke will be racing.

22. Parnelli Bone

Parnelli Bone Premium

* pulls last of gray hairs out of head in anticipation of next chapter*

Ha ha just kidding man...

23. Ceilrux1

Ceilrux1

Um...its November 3rd...I can't wait much longer for the next chapter.

24. gtmaster08

gtmaster08

:dunce::dunce:

Sorry everyone. I have just been REALLY busy lately what with trying to crank out episode IX of a Fanfic I wrote called "The story of the Kunoichi Alliance". But anyway, I'll tell you this; it is now 5:45 am as I am writing this in NC and I will definitely try to get up the next chapter by 3:30. It's just that I've also got the nasty old "writer's block" about the next chapter. But no worries; this always happens when I get IO syndrome. (That's short for "Idea Overflow" in my terms) Usually when I start something new I tend to overflow with ideas and when I crank them ALL out I run on empty, so to speak for a while.... But that is only temporary; I always like to finish what I start. But you know everyone, it also might help me if you guys were to write a critique on my story about what's happened so far, just review it however you wish. This might help me because it can help me focus on some ideas rather then ALL of them at once. So come on everyone, for the sake of this story; write reviews!! That is all I had to say...

25. LeGeNd-1

LeGeNd-1 Premium

LOL Ironically I'm feeling the same waiting for you to continue your story. But since these parts are pretty much dead I guess there's little incentive for you to continue.

Say, when GT5 hits, maybe you can continue writing with the new game. Just carry on with the old story, but with GT5's races. You'll get loads of audiences for sure :tup:

26. Parnelli Bone

Parnelli Bone Premium

I still might put up my journal entries, soon. Was planning on Thanksgiving holidays to restart that project.

That's a thought. We'll see..

27. gtmaster08

gtmaster08

Sorry to disappoint you all AGAIN, but I was going to normally crank out the next chapter today but I was feeling a little sick so I wasn't able to actually get it started.:guilty: But rest assured, the next chapter WILL come tomorrow or by the end of this weekend.:)

28. Renrag39

Renrag39

Hmmm, you wish for critique eh?
    Your imagination is excellent, grammar and punctuation could improve but honestly depends on your age/level of education (I hope thats not unfair, I don't wish to put you off). The initial pace and intensity has reduced somewhat but not abrubtly. It shows a natural predilection for storytelling. Love the reference to the Fourth Wall, nice touch.

I'm new to GTP and I am quite suprised that people post stories on it. Its a great addition and shows how influential GT can be.

I am also writing a book but it has very little to do with cars but I have only one thing to say- Keep on it, from small ideas and initial chapters, an entire universe of stories and characters can emerge.

Great work so far,
    Renrag

29. Parnelli Bone

Parnelli Bone Premium

Very nice.

30. Renrag39

Renrag39

Just read your story too Parnelli, fantastic stuff, really can't fault it. Its given me a boost to start on my 'book' again. Thanks.

Renrag