(GTOR) | [FGT] Formula GT Championship - IMMORTALPILOT and Ferrari Win the Inaugral Season!Finished 

Should the safety car rule stay?

• Total voters
Race 1 and 2 I was disconnected while leading in the few last laps !
Sorry for the tap, it really must be lag because on my screen even if I touched you it wasn't that bad...

We should try hard tyres next week, because tyre wear is really bad indeed. My driving style is easy on tyres so RBR was ok for me but at Spa I was on the edge after 6-7 laps on medium.
If hard tyres doesn't fit maybe you should think about shortening the 305km ?
Yeah, I don't think yu felt anything, but I was surprised, its a fast corner and it felt quite hard for me, hence why I fired off wide
I was doing my best to look after the tyres

I'd like to try hard/medium. Shortening the distance i'd rather nor, as races wouldn't be very long at all

Hi mate welcome. sure no worries, i'm hoping we'll have a decent grid. I'll be holding a test session tonight if your about :)

Don't worry about the colour for now 👍
Cheers bud. I got the local time wrong, its actually 630 am Sunday here so thats better for me. Ill be up for the next test session when ever that is.
Psn agolfer78/gtp agolfer78
Nationality. Australian
Team. Infinity Red Bull

Cheers bud. I got the local time wrong, its actually 630 am Sunday here so thats better for me. Ill be up for the next test session when ever that is.
Psn agolfer78/gtp agolfer78
Nationality. Australian
Team. Infinity Red Bull
Now worries mate :)

There was 5 of us, with 4 guys missing who I know would be there, so we should have a decent grid next week. Was still fun though. @David Talle your much quicker in these than GTTCC ;)

I've got a lot of work an I don't feel up to racing at all. If there's less than 5 in then I won't bother, have to much to do and lack of interest

Room is open, hopefully we can get a good number there

I want to only use Medium and Hard tyres for a bit. We don't want to be pitting 6 times per race

sorry I pulled out of race early, daughter woke up - can match you guys in the corners but come the straights you guys are pulling away from me?

I think I saw 600bhp on your car in the lobby. Thought it was a bug but maybe not after all. :D

I checked the replay and I have to say we are not all equal with tyre wear. :lol:

First of all the main strategy was 4 stops (and not 5 like I said in the lobby), only Stocky managed to stop 3 times.

Secondly I watched the entire first stint of everyone and OMG some of us are so heavy on tyres compared to others I wonder how we still manage to stay on the track all together !

Please note that the following is absolutely not a attempt of driving lesson or to single out anybody, I just want to share my observations as some may not have saved or paid attention to the replay.

Considering the tyre wear on this car, it is essential to be easy on throttle and steering.
I don't know how you can be so quick @STOCKY8A1 but what is certain is you are the best in tyre managing (based on the first stint).
@rono_thomas & @john sweet you two might have saved the replay but your tyre wear was ok.
@RyanRacer you may match Stocky's pace easily on one lap but your tyres were dropping fast before you retired.
@True-blue-8 how to put it... I bet you car was unbalanced and oversteery like hell after 3 laps ! For a point of comparison, your rear tyres were down to 4 when Stocky's were at 8/9. I'm seriously impressed you managed to keep the pace.
@NinjaEvo you're middle between True and Ryan.

Conclusion: maybe the tyre wear issue is not (only) the car but the drivers... :lol:
I'm sure after few races we will get better and better with the tyres and eventually overcome the rubber BBQ problem.
Or maybe not. :odd:

@David Talle I had to 5 stop same as you, at 7 lap intervals. The only time I tried to do 8 was when I had to pause the game to get the car to limp back to the pits :lol:

Do you think it was how i was using my gears i was never in 2nd and if i was it was not for long i was pulling 3rd fast to stop the wheels from spinning

Oh no, sorry, it WOULD have been 5 but I was scheduled to stop again when Stocky was on his last lap, so I let him go by, didn't box and then we had the whole 'No, Go Again' chequered flag farce...

Do you think it was how i was using my gears i was never in 2nd and if i was it was not for long i was pulling 3rd fast to stop the wheels from spinning

I don't know, maybe you're just gentle enough on the inputs. You had a good start too with almost no wheelspin so that leads me that way.

After some discussion I've made some changes

45min races, and dropped down to 600bhp again, hopefully this helps.

I threw on a new set up before the race. That, no practice and a bad track meant I was blind into the race. If you looked for some reason the gearing was terrible, and most of my tyre wear was on the straight. But yeah, the first few laps I sucked bad. Then tried a new approach and put on a new set, I managed to do a few laps with hardly any tyre wear, if you look it was about 4 laps and it had only dropped to 9, then I got the DC, gutted as I thought I could do a good 10 laps at least on the tyres

Back