(GTOR) | GT1 World Championship - Currently postponed.Open 

• Thread starter Mikey24
  • 669 comments

Should I continue to Rounds 3, 4 & 5 or leave the series as it is (postpone)?

• Carry on.

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Stop/postpone.

Votes: 7 77.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
QUERY

This is for all drivers:
@1Lambofan, @andp132, @Doomstorm16, @Drex124, @gtic_ybear, @Pubs16, @RacingLine, @Saevios, @Sinyster, @swiftsmith, @TNR_KING_FILO, @TRL_Andromeda, @zuruzuruz.

I have had a little thought about this series and I thought of having a pace lap at the start of every race, plus a Safety Car. To implement this, we do the usual qualifying session in which the Safety Car will sit at the end of the pit exit, on the tarmac run off. Then at the start of the race everyone will sit still in their grid positions until the Safety Car has made its way to the front. At which it will process around the circuit at 100 kph (62 mph). The cars behind are permitted to excess the limit but at a responsible speed. Drivers are permitted to warm their tyres during the pace lap.

All cars must be in staggered double-file before the penultimate corner e.g. Vale at Silverstone, which the Safety Car rushes around to park on the tarmac runoff next to the pit exit. From this point on, the leader is given the responsibility of dictating the race start, being permitted to accelerate between the exit of the penultimate corner and the regular start/finish line, depending on the circuit.

Does this seem good/realistic?

Erm... Rolling starts. Yeah :indiff:... Mmm... I see where you going with this Mike as you want a real "Le Mans" feeling. I'm not a fan of rolling starts but anyway. It's going to be tough to implement as usually the leading car sprints off when the lights go green. In this championship, every one at the back of the field (possibly around the last corner of Silverstone/Spa) might have a visibility issue in seen when car no.1 actually starts sprinting off and then it negates any overtaking into turn 1 possibly.

There are ways around this that we could work on perhaps.

Additionally, Whoever drives the safety car will only be needed for the start. Not like GT has car failures or real damage to look out for :)

Erm... Rolling starts. Yeah :indiff:... Mmm... I see where you going with this Mike as you want a real "Le Mans" feeling. I'm not a fan of rolling starts but anyway. It's going to be tough to implement as usually the leading car sprints off when the lights go green. In this championship, every one at the back on the field (possibly around the last corner) might have a visibility issue in seen when car no.1 actually starts sprinting off and then it negates any overtaking into turn 1 possibly.

There are ways around this that we could work on perhaps.

Additionally, Whoever drives the safety car will only be needed for the start. Not like GT has car failures or real damage to look out for :)
Its only really proposed as an idea and may not be in effect this season but next season if it goes ahead. :)

Its only really proposed as an idea and may not be in effect this season but next season if it goes ahead. :)

One way I thought of is having a "Race director" who has a mic and gives the signal for every one to start racing. And only the Race director has a mic.

One way I thought of is having a "Race director" who has a mic and gives the signal for every one to start racing. And only the Race director has a mic.
That does sound like a better idea, even with the Safety Car sounds good. 👍

I'm glad I got my car tuned nicely and I'm consistently fast. Although I can still improve. The only thing is that the very little experience I have with GT6 might mean by tyres won't last than long. Dancing around the track like Senna at the moment :lol:

How would people feel if I started a support championship alongside this, using one car with full tuning, and running on Thursdays at 7PM GMT?

Hi, guys :)

This feels amazing, congrats to organizers :bowdown: (and all), and I would very much love to join as full time.

Did drive couple of GT500 Championships here at gtplanet organized by “PURE”, last one about a year back. Also organized a few on my own, but on a local forum we have at our neck of the woods.

If you need to see my driving, just say when ;)

Today I would need to try the cars before picking one, and regarding GTOR number I would go for #50

GTP Name: PhaedrusSocrate
PSN Name: PhaedrusSocrates
(yep, there's difference with last "s")

Cheers:cheers:

Hi, guys :)

This feels amazing, congrats to organizers :bowdown: (and all), and I would very much love to join as full time.

Did drive couple of GT500 Championships here at gtplanet organized by “PURE”, last one about a year back. Also organized a few on my own, but on a local forum we have at our neck of the woods.

If you need to see my driving, just say when ;)

Today I would need to try the cars before picking one, and regarding GTOR number I would go for #50

(yep, there's difference with last "s")

Cheers:cheers:
It's good to have you here, mate. :)

I've checked the cars and Nissan suits me best by far.

Please, sir, wrap me a fresh one "to go" and we'll have a lots of joy together (with the car, I mean :embarrassed: )

So, its:
GTOR#: 50:gtpflag:
Car: Nissan R390 GT1 '98

How will the constructors points work since Mercedes and Toyota only have 3 drivers? Would we level the plain field and only take the best 3 positions of each race for each constructor and have that count as constructors points?

(I'm hoping my grammar was sufficient) :lol:

How will the constructors points work since Mercedes and Toyota only have 3 drivers? Would we level the plain field and only take the best 3 positions of each race for each constructor and have that count as constructors points?

(I'm hoping my grammar was sufficient) :lol:
The top 2 finishers for each manufacturer will award points towards the Manufacturers' Championship.

fia-gt1-logo-png.331135

@Mikey24 could you send me that pic without writing?

4554775418.jpg

ROUND 1 - SILVERSTONE

Okay guys, the very first round of the GTOR GT1 World Championship is upon us, and Silverstone is the venue that is hosting the first round. This brief will give you the basic guidelines of what is going to happen over the course of the night.

I (mikey_2412) will open the room in the club at approximately 18:30 GMT, of which most drivers should be able to notice and make their way in. Please note that more than one of you trying to join at once will hinder the stability of the room so if we do start to have problems, I will close the current room and open a new one and then invite people one-by-one into the room to ensure that nobody gets refused entry by the game under those circumstances.

It is important that everyone clears their cache before attempting to join the current lobby. To change settings please follow these instructions:

At home screen > press start > go down to options > go down to network > select 'clear system cache' > confirm.

Once everyone has joined the room, I will give 5 minutes before we begin scrutinizing (spec check) all cars, which should all be on circuit and in the pit lane - not circling the track.

Qualifying will then begin after scrutinizing. Qualifying will be a 15 minute session in which I will reset the room and add a timer to race (being 15 minutes) and once drivers are given the option on screen they can go to the track and start qualifying. Please note that once Qualifying has started you are not permitted to change any settings on your car except from tyre compounds.

The race will begin automatically after Qualifying. There will be no pace lap and no safety car this weekend and False Start Check will be on, ensuring that nobody can jump the start.

Turn 1 is not much of a problem and there is enough runoff - but if you are found to runoff please ensure you re-enter the circuit boundaries safely and you will not receive a penalty. Turn 2 is the first major corner for 16 cars to get around safely. Please make sure you are being 100% cautious and have every last bit of awareness about everything around you. If you are found to cause an incident due to carelessness you will be penalized.

Track limits will be monitored so please do not exceed these, it is prohibited to gain an advantage by either increasing or decreasing the length of the race itself.

The stewards for Saturday's race will be myself (@Mikey24), @1Lambofan, @TNR_KING_FILO and @TRL_Andromeda, providing they would like to provide their help.

To be able to race on Saturday, you will need to place your name underneath Attending on this list, and if you are not racing please place your name underneath Not Attending. Just reply the latest message and remove the quotation codes. If you need another member to do this for you, please just ask.

Attending

@Mikey24

Not Attending

Unconfirmed

@Doomstorm16
@TRL_Andromeda
@RacingLine
@Drex124
@Saevios
@SK8RBOI (I will ask him via PSN)
@Sinyster
@TNR_KING_FILO