(GTOR) | [GTTCC-3] Gran Turismo Touring Car Championship S3 - xflow1390 takes back to back titles!Finished 

• Thread starter True-blue-8
  • 4,148 comments

Standing or Rolling starts?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am planning to get online tonight around half 7 to 8.
I'll be around. Nearly finished double checking the cars. They are on par and doing the last checks at deep forest, a track which is great for testing etc, and they're setting identical times

Wait is it on tonight?
No mate, we usually get together to have some laps and a bit of fun 👍

Doing some laps at the moment

I know this is old, but I just saw it. Apparently a year ago Shedden was rumoured to be the stig?! I'd be so 🤬 if it is

Right, update. Spent the last 2 nights trying to finalize the cars, and seeing how they'll do at a top test track, deep forest.

BMW 21.8
Citroen 21.8
Honda 21.8
Nissan 21.8
VW 21.8 (270bhp 1280kg)
Ford 21.9
Toyota 21.9
Volvo 21.9 (310bhp 1250kg)

I think they're good enough. :lol: Any feedback?

BMW - Certainly the favourite car, but will be difficult at a few tracks. Low gear slow corners certainly makes the car tricky to handle, stay of the kerbs

Citroen - If i'm honest i'm not as good with this car as the others. A bit of understeer, but keeps up with the top dogs

Ford - Not as good as it has been unfortunately, but it's still a very capable car

Honda - hate how it sounds and I've lost my way with it

Nissan - Me likey very much :D

Toyota - Too much oversteer for me. I prefer oversteer, but this is too much for me to have confidence in

VW - Absolutely loving this car. Only downside is it's looks :lol:

Volvo - Many not liking this, but it's one of those cars you need to drive it for what it is. A tip, it loves throttle. On the brakes, blip the throttle. blip throttle and change down helps it to turn in. Like the citroen it's got understeer, but not that bad a car. @Ian_83 won a drivers title in it, so it can't be too bad. Although he did burn it after the season :lol:

Not sure how much more spec wise now, all looks good to me. Sorry for not letting you change track guys lol, but had to get this finished off. Any issues let me know and i'll sort them out tomorrow, i'm knackered :lol: :cheers:

Right, update. Spent the last 2 nights trying to finalize the cars, and seeing how they'll do at a top test track, deep forest.

BMW 21.8
Citroen 21.8
Honda 21.8
Nissan 21.8
VW 21.8 (270bhp 1280kg)
Ford 21.9
Toyota 21.9

BMW - Certainly the favourite car, but will be difficult at a few tracks. Low gear slow corners certainly makes the car tricky to handle, stay of the kerbs

Citroen - If i'm honest i'm not as good with this car as the others. A bit of understeer, but keeps up with the top dogs

Ford - Not as good as it has been unfortunately, but it's still a very capable car

Toyota - Too much oversteer for me. I prefer oversteer, but this is too much for me to have confidence in

Volvo - Many not liking this, but it's one of those cars you need to drive it for what it is. A tip, it loves throttle. On the brakes, blip the throttle. blip throttle and change down helps it to turn in. Like the citroen it's got understeer, but not that bad a car. @Ian_83 won a drivers title in it, so it can't be too bad. Although he did burn it after the season :lol:

Not sure how much more spec wise now, all looks good to me. Sorry for not letting you change track guys lol, but had to get this finished off. Any issues let me know and i'll sort them out tomorrow, i'm knackered :lol: :cheers:

All seems good to me, I think picks should be opened up to the roster. Defending champ first yeah? 👍

Up to you but I already know a few people who A) Have a car in mind and B) The rule is you can change if you want before the opening round of the championship.

Like I say m8, up to you, but I just want to get my picks in. Car selections normally turns out to be one of the best parts of pre-season.

BMW 21.8
Citroen 21.8
Honda 21.8
Nissan 21.8
VW 21.8 (270bhp 1280kg)
Ford 21.9
Toyota 21.9

Looks great

All seems good to me, I think picks should be opened up to the roster. Defending champ first yeah? 👍

Up to you but I already know a few people who A) Have a car in mind and B) The rule is you can change if you want before the opening round of the championship.

Like I say m8, up to you, but I just want to get my picks in. Car selections normally turns out to be one of the best parts of pre-season.
I totally agree on this, but I understand why True has given us much time to decide on cars... to test them etc. and obviously give him feedback. Considering he did do go through enough to get GTTCC here. :)

But, like I said, I completely agree and I have possibly made up my mind about car choice, but I have only tested 3. Will test 3 more tonight, if anyone is on? :)

For those who will be able to use their picks, i'll open them up. If people PM me with their car choices, in order of preference I can start organising them, and seeing what we have. Although next week is when i'll ask people to really start giving me their choices. I know some want some time to test and are tied up this week. so it's only fair everyone gets enough time to test the cars. Remember picks will be given out in championship standing order 👍

This Wednesday, I think we all need a break :lol:. I'll still open a room, or join if there's one up, but we won't be doing a full run this week. We'll just jump from track to track having a few mini races. I plan to hold the first proper test next week

I think the specs are all complete now. I've found no issues with them and we should be all good to go.

If we get another 5 drivers (25) then I think we'll go for PRO/AM

Sounds good! If we start early we could run 1 lap Q 5 lap race at each track in the series :D

Mini championships rock!
yeah, 5 lap races sound good, gives us a chance to check all the cars on each track together

i'll start noting down people's choices if they tell me via PM and will update as we go along :cheers:

Just got all the cars as per the regulations, so will spend a couple of hours later testing. Not much used to pack racing, so please be patient untill I get up to speed so to speak.

You were doing allright last night mate, just get involved with the practice sessions and I am sure you will be fine. I am on most evenings for some race practice if you like, I saw your PSN request last night and will try to remember to accept that this evening.

Just got all the cars as per the regulations, so will spend a couple of hours later testing. Not much used to pack racing, so please be patient untill I get up to speed so to speak.
You were doing allright last night mate, just get involved with the practice sessions and I am sure you will be fine. I am on most evenings for some race practice if you like, I saw your PSN request last night and will try to remember to accept that this evening.
No worries mate, I was impressed too. Got the right attitude and that's what counts :cheers:

What time on wednesday?
usual time mate, about 7 👍

Interview #2. Sat in the chair is the current most successful driver on the grid, @FaithlessEmo
True-blue-8
Name: FaithlessEmo
Hometown: Birmingham

What's the origin of your GTP and PSN ID?

Both my ID's are the same. The origin was I used to race online with GP4 and F1 99-02 challenge. I used to race as Phoenix_faithless. Then I was working at Game and brought my first Xbox360 and had to set up my ID. Phoenix_faithless was too long. I was with my uni mates and they all thought I was a emo. So FaithlessEmo. I brought a PS3 on day one and carried it over.

Your avatar. For those unaware of what it is, explain to them.

My avatar is my car at the bottom of Snowden after picking up my 8J cup racer speedlines and Cup Spoiler.
When did you join GTPlanet, and how did you find out about it?
I joined GTP when Gran turismo 4 was announced. It had a app that would count down till launch. Signed up then for more info.

Tell us about your gaming history on Gran Turismo.

I had GT1 on playstation one. I didn't know what to do and couldn't do many of the licences. So I won a Aston Martin DB7 and then grinded the first set of races for 3 weeks to race tune it. I couldn't afford GT2. GT3 aspec came out and was amazed. Did most of the game with a tuned Ford Mustang. It ate tyres but had power. GT4 came out and I traded 5 games in for it. Amazed. Soo much bigger than GT3 and had the nurburgring I did all the endurances with mates Le Mans style. Favourite licence was driving the DTM Mercedes round nurburgring for a whole lap. I got GT on PSP to fill a gap and to play on holiday. It is ok. GT5 came out and I was working for Game. Brought two signature editions. Kept one. Used the other. Still use the wallet daily. Loved it. Loved b-spec. Loved endurance. Also was part of a similar online racing with similar cars 300bhp and 1100kgs racing mediums. GT6 came out again I got the special edition and again loved it. Loved the new editions. And loved racing GTTCC online. Just want endurance and b-spec back (looking at you Kaz)

The reason we're all here is for our love of cars. What are you currently driving, or have parked up in the garage?

I Currently drive a Liquid Yellow Clio 200. Amazing car to drive. Great feel, great breaks and very fast round a track. Yes it does see track time. I'm the summer it is seen on stands and at shows fully detailed.
Mods have been uprated pads and fluid, braided brake lines in liquid yellow, ITG filter, carbon exhausts, carbon kick panels, Clio cup Speedlines with semi slicks, team Heko wind deflectors, cup spoiler waiting to be fitted.

Are you involved with any form of motorsport?
I used to go-Kart in the Elite karting league. But work stopped that. I also do track days and have drive a GTR on track.

What motorsport events do you watch?

I have been a F1 fan since 1991 when my dad got me into it. He used to rally cars semi professional. I also watched DTM races with my dad and have my 1994 DTM norisring programme. Nowadays I still watch F1 although I am not impressed with the current trend in driving. I also watch DTM, WEC, Le Mans, WRC, WTCC, Clio Cup, Aussie V8, rallyX.

Who is your Favourite driver, and anyone you base yourself on?

I am a massive Michael Schumacher fan. Have always been. Remember seeing him and his brother when I was about 3ish. I wish him a speedy recovery.

Favourite food?

Anything Italian. Absolutely love Italian food.

Favourite film?

Fast and Furious. I know every word for the first 55mins ish. And have a Paul walker tribute on my car.

Anything else you want to tell us?

I help run a car forum. We have quite a few members and we do track days and shows as well as detailing days and rolling road days. Find us on Facebook Just search for "RSUK". Introduce yourself and your car. We also have discounts going on parts too.

:cheers:

I'd like a spot. I need a good excuse to practice with cars slower than what I normally drive:

GT_Vette / TRL_Agro / TBA / Privateer (looking for teammate) / #19 / magmarot red.

When is race 1 if I may ask?
Well, something tells me you'll be as fast in these as you are in the more powerful cars :) welcome mate :cheers:

3/4 weeks until race 1, but we're around every Wednesday and most nights 👍

Back