Finished (GTOR) | [GTTCC-3] Gran Turismo Touring Car Championship S3 - xflow1390 takes back to back titles!

Discussion in 'GT6 Racing Series' started by True-blue-8, Jan 23, 2015.

?

Standing or Rolling starts?

Poll closed Feb 17, 2015.
  1. Standing

46.2%
  2. Rolling

30.8%
  3. Not bothered

23.1%
  1. john sweet

john sweet

testing a few cars and have a look

STOCKY8A1 and True-blue-8 like this.
  2. Pamellaaa

Pamellaaa

I am planning to get online tonight around half 7 to 8.

3. TickleMyNug

TickleMyNug

Wait is it on tonight?

4. True-blue-8

True-blue-8

I'll be around. Nearly finished double checking the cars. They are on par and doing the last checks at deep forest, a track which is great for testing etc, and they're setting identical times

No mate, we usually get together to have some laps and a bit of fun :tup:

5. TickleMyNug

TickleMyNug

Ah okay

6. True-blue-8

True-blue-8

Doing some laps at the moment

I know this is old, but I just saw it. Apparently a year ago Shedden was rumoured to be the stig?! I'd be so :censored: if it is

7. STOCKY8A1

STOCKY8A1

I have Edited my first post with TEAM/ BLUE BULL RACING and number/ #47 :tup:

john sweet and True-blue-8 like this.
  8. Mikey24

Mikey24 (Banned)

I'm coming on now, mate. :tup:

9. True-blue-8

True-blue-8

Right, update. Spent the last 2 nights trying to finalize the cars, and seeing how they'll do at a top test track, deep forest.

BMW 21.8
    Citroen 21.8
    Honda 21.8
    Nissan 21.8
    VW 21.8 (270bhp 1280kg)
    Ford 21.9
    Toyota 21.9
    Volvo 21.9 (310bhp 1250kg)

I think they're good enough. :lol: Any feedback?

BMW - Certainly the favourite car, but will be difficult at a few tracks. Low gear slow corners certainly makes the car tricky to handle, stay of the kerbs

Citroen - If i'm honest i'm not as good with this car as the others. A bit of understeer, but keeps up with the top dogs

Ford - Not as good as it has been unfortunately, but it's still a very capable car

Honda - hate how it sounds and I've lost my way with it

Nissan - Me likey very much :D

Toyota - Too much oversteer for me. I prefer oversteer, but this is too much for me to have confidence in

VW - Absolutely loving this car. Only downside is it's looks :lol:

Volvo - Many not liking this, but it's one of those cars you need to drive it for what it is. A tip, it loves throttle. On the brakes, blip the throttle. blip throttle and change down helps it to turn in. Like the citroen it's got understeer, but not that bad a car. @Ian_83 won a drivers title in it, so it can't be too bad. Although he did burn it after the season :lol:

Not sure how much more spec wise now, all looks good to me. Sorry for not letting you change track guys lol, but had to get this finished off. Any issues let me know and i'll sort them out tomorrow, i'm knackered :lol: :cheers:

Ian_83, sb360, STOCKY8A1 and 3 others like this.
  10. NinjaEvo

NinjaEvo

All seems good to me, I think picks should be opened up to the roster. Defending champ first yeah? :tup:

Up to you but I already know a few people who A) Have a car in mind and B) The rule is you can change if you want before the opening round of the championship.

Like I say m8, up to you, but I just want to get my picks in. Car selections normally turns out to be one of the best parts of pre-season.

11. swiftsmith

swiftsmith

Looks great

12. Mikey24

Mikey24 (Banned)

I totally agree on this, but I understand why True has given us much time to decide on cars... to test them etc. and obviously give him feedback. Considering he did do go through enough to get GTTCC here. :)

But, like I said, I completely agree and I have possibly made up my mind about car choice, but I have only tested 3. Will test 3 more tonight, if anyone is on? :)

13. TickleMyNug

TickleMyNug

Yeah seems good to me, gonna test one more car tonight then i'll have my mind made up.

14. Pamellaaa

Pamellaaa

That looks good, looking forward to this, are you planning to run a full meeting on Wednesday to test out the format?

15. Duker_86

Duker_86

What date are we planning to start the new season on?

16. Mikey24

Mikey24 (Banned)

2 weeks time if I read what @True-blue-8 said correctly. :tup:

17. Pamellaaa

Pamellaaa

I think he was saying about a month, I guess it would depend on how many signups he gets and how long it takes to sort out car choices and get testing completed.

18. True-blue-8

True-blue-8

For those who will be able to use their picks, i'll open them up. If people PM me with their car choices, in order of preference I can start organising them, and seeing what we have. Although next week is when i'll ask people to really start giving me their choices. I know some want some time to test and are tied up this week. so it's only fair everyone gets enough time to test the cars. Remember picks will be given out in championship standing order :tup:

This Wednesday, I think we all need a break :lol:. I'll still open a room, or join if there's one up, but we won't be doing a full run this week. We'll just jump from track to track having a few mini races. I plan to hold the first proper test next week

I think the specs are all complete now. I've found no issues with them and we should be all good to go.

If we get another 5 drivers (25) then I think we'll go for PRO/AM

STOCKY8A1, Ant1974 and sb360 like this.
  19. Pamellaaa

Pamellaaa

Sounds good! If we start early we could run 1 lap Q 5 lap race at each track in the series :D

Mini championships rock!

xflow1390 and True-blue-8 like this.
  20. True-blue-8

True-blue-8

yeah, 5 lap races sound good, gives us a chance to check all the cars on each track together

i'll start noting down people's choices if they tell me via PM and will update as we go along :cheers:

21. TickleMyNug

TickleMyNug

What time on wednesday?

22. Mikey24

Mikey24 (Banned)

@True-blue-8, I request another change.

Monster Energy World Racing Team

Narcotic Racing Team
    . :) Car colour will be deep blue.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
  23. Ant1974

Ant1974

Just got all the cars as per the regulations, so will spend a couple of hours later testing. Not much used to pack racing, so please be patient untill I get up to speed so to speak.

24. Pamellaaa

Pamellaaa

You were doing allright last night mate, just get involved with the practice sessions and I am sure you will be fine. I am on most evenings for some race practice if you like, I saw your PSN request last night and will try to remember to accept that this evening.

Ant1974 likes this.
  25. Ant1974

Ant1974

No worries.

26. True-blue-8

True-blue-8

No worries mate, I was impressed too. Got the right attitude and that's what counts :cheers:

usual time mate, about 7 :tup:

27. True-blue-8

True-blue-8

Interview #2. Sat in the chair is the current most successful driver on the grid, @FaithlessEmo

:cheers:

28. GT_Vette

GT_Vette

I'd like a spot. I need a good excuse to practice with cars slower than what I normally drive:

GT_Vette / TRL_Agro / TBA / Privateer (looking for teammate) / #19 / magmarot red.

When is race 1 if I may ask?

1996mikey2412 and True-blue-8 like this.
  29. True-blue-8

True-blue-8

Well, something tells me you'll be as fast in these as you are in the more powerful cars :) welcome mate :cheers:

3/4 weeks until race 1, but we're around every Wednesday and most nights :tup:

GT_Vette likes this.
  30. Mikey24

Mikey24 (Banned)

@FaithlessEmo is a cool guy!

FaithlessEmo and STOCKY8A1 like this.