(GTOR) | [GTTCC-3] Gran Turismo Touring Car Championship S3 - xflow1390 takes back to back titles!Finished 

• Thread starter True-blue-8
  • 4,148 comments

Standing or Rolling starts?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Change of plan! Shocking news from Nissan! they are shutting down there LMP1 project so they can raise funds for there first season of F1! They said they where buying Marusas entry to this years F1 season!
Can't tell if banter or truth... :lol:

Can't tell if banter or truth... :lol:
If it was true I think it would be on Autosport's home page for sure. :lol:

Why would they ruin their budget in F1 when they have good chances to shine in WEC where the battle is tight and return on investment better ?

If it was true I think it would be on Autosport's home page for sure. :lol:

Why would they ruin their budget in F1 when they have good chances to shine in WEC where the battle is tight and return on investment better ?
Haha. Thought so. :lol:

Yeah, I have a feeling they will put Audi and Toyota on their limits! They 🤬 should! Someone has to beat the Audi at Le Mans!

That sauber isn't, right. But it's different and I like that

Nissan in F1? Nah, won't happen. (However if they do, i'd say they give Mardenbrough a seat)

I'll let people know the divisions later. However if anyone is free from 17:00-19:00GMT on Wednesdays and would rather do that, let me know 👍

Brands still undecided, will find out tomorrow what we do

Project cars, honestly I won't be going. Since GT5 I have been in love with the GT series. Although 6 has disappointed me, I will stick with them. I may buy it, but like Grid, it will sit there most of the time. I won't be getting a PS4 until GT6 comes out. I'm not a real 'gamer' anymore. Mainly due to time and it just doesn't interest me anymore

Lol your going to buy it then but the box down cuz the disk is going to be permanently inserted in your console!

That sauber isn't, right. But it's different and I like that

Nissan in F1? Nah, won't happen. (However if they do, i'd say they give Mardenbrough a seat)

I'll let people know the divisions later. However if anyone is free from 17:00-19:00GMT on Wednesdays and would rather do that, let me know 👍

Brands still undecided, will find out tomorrow what we do

Project cars, honestly I won't be going. Since GT5 I have been in love with the GT series. Although 6 has disappointed me, I will stick with them. I may buy it, but like Grid, it will sit there most of the time. I won't be getting a PS4 until GT6 comes out. I'm not a real 'gamer' anymore. Mainly due to time and it just doesn't interest me anymore

Project Cars, I just can't be bothered buying a PS4 for it. There are things that interest me, and then there are things that make me question it. For example, the track list looks good, there's nothing amazing until you get to the 'unconfirmed' section (I can't remember where it was) and you see Hockenheim circa 1992, when they used to race out into the forest, the proper high speed section broken up by a couple of little chicanes, and Macau. Two tracks there that I love, all it needs is Pau for that niche street circuit awesomeness.

However, there's a Wii U version. Now, this is where I start asking questions. Is the game a Wii U game with a pretty coat of paint, or is it truly next gen with the Wii U getting a cast off version. Look at the EA games on the original Wii, FIFA 15 is the same as 14, which was the same as 13, which was the same as 12 with the exception of updated squads, new menu music and a different number in the title (seriously, those are the only differences). The Wii version of Need For Speed: The Run was laughable and I was a guy who loved The Run for all of the 12 hours it took me to complete the game on Hard and then on Extreme on Xbox 360, and then again on Hard on PS3.

I'm not convinced, it's certainly not something which makes me think I NEED a new console or a gaming PC. In all honesty, the only game that would make me buy a new console before they drop significantly in price would be Shenmue 3, but I've been waiting 13 years and counting for that, so I'm not holding my breath.

Seriously, all I want is an F1 game where you start in GP3, work your way up, then when you start making decent money you can buy your own GP3 team to run as your drive in F1 and build a racing empire which eventually leads to you winning the F1 drivers championship in your own team.

Project Cars, I just can't be bothered buying a PS4 for it. There are things that interest me, and then there are things that make me question it. For example, the track list looks good, there's nothing amazing until you get to the 'unconfirmed' section (I can't remember where it was) and you see Hockenheim circa 1992, when they used to race out into the forest, the proper high speed section broken up by a couple of little chicanes, and Macau. Two tracks there that I love, all it needs is Pau for that niche street circuit awesomeness.

However, there's a Wii U version. Now, this is where I start asking questions. Is the game a Wii U game with a pretty coat of paint, or is it truly next gen with the Wii U getting a cast off version. Look at the EA games on the original Wii, FIFA 15 is the same as 14, which was the same as 13, which was the same as 12 with the exception of updated squads, new menu music and a different number in the title (seriously, those are the only differences). The Wii version of Need For Speed: The Run was laughable and I was a guy who loved The Run for all of the 12 hours it took me to complete the game on Hard and then on Extreme on Xbox 360, and then again on Hard on PS3.

I'm not convinced, it's certainly not something which makes me think I NEED a new console or a gaming PC. In all honesty, the only game that would make me buy a new console before they drop significantly in price would be Shenmue 3, but I've been waiting 13 years and counting for that, so I'm not holding my breath.

Seriously, all I want is an F1 game where you start in GP3, work your way up, then when you start making decent money you can buy your own GP3 team to run as your drive in F1 and build a racing empire which eventually leads to you winning the F1 drivers championship in your own team.
That would be awesome. Moto GP have their version of that, but buying the team owner sounds geat

That would be awesome. Moto GP have their version of that, but buying the team owner sounds geat

I could do that easily if I was at Codemasters, all you need are a few basic ingredients to bring the whole thing to life.

1) A living driver market - My problem with F1 games is you can go 7 years into a career and everyone is just at the same teams. No evolution. My idea would be to start with the drivers as they are in say 2015 for Season 1, but then after that drivers move around. In GP3, every time new drivers move up the ladder as F1 or GP2 drivers are replaced, retire or move into testing roles randomly generated new drivers fill in the blanks. Hell, the game could create a Luca Badoer or an Ayrton Senna at random (only with different names) where part of the challenge, not on as a driver but also as a team boss, is identifying these talents, scouting them, bringing them into your own organisation and grooming them to become World Champions. Basically like a super-detailed B-Spec.

2) Driver Reputation - A proper system, not just an XP system. You arrive and yes, for the first part of your career your driving is what builds your reputation as nobody knows you and nobody cares. However, once you find your feet in GP3, all of a sudden new things are brought forward. You could be interviewed for TV, where the responses you give either positively or negatively effect your image as a racing driver. Personal sponsors, do you get cosy with them and earn some extra revenue, which can prove vital early on to getting a better seat or purchasing your first, entry-level GP3 cars. Then say you win the GP3 championship. Do you take the mid-field GP2 seat offered to you on merit, or do you take the Sauber F1 drive that your sponsors are paying for? Yes, you may move up the ladder quicker but the fans will, at first, attach the stigma of being a 'Pay Driver' to you, future interviews revolve around you buying instead of earning your drive, can you keep your cool when you're being attacked on a professional level.

There are so many things I would include but these would be the first 2 cornerstones of the game world to keep it evolving. I'm sick of these modern racers where to get the next evolution in terms of the sport it's another £40. Make a complete package that continually evolves and update by console generations, not just because it's another year, another cash-in.

Think it will be GT7 for the ps4 m8, yeah lots more bugs :)
Got to think back GT5 took years to come out for the ps3, then a few more years later GT6 came.
With I can't count how many bugs it had, lets just say alot lol.

I will get Project cars but shame my G27 wheel will not work on it :(
Project cars maybe not as good as it sounds, guess will find soon...
I've got the crew for the ps4 hmm it's not that good really, It's a game not a driving sim I guess.

@NinjaEvo That sounds awesome and many F1 fans would love it but it is unlikely to happen because :
  • A : the F1 licence contract is very restrictive, like the clause that says that every driver has to remain in the same team no matter what.
  • B : it's still an annual game (like FIFA...) so evolution is very slow from one year to another. We can hope for a major overhaul with the PS4/Xone upcoming game but after that I think it will resume it's copy/paste pattern

I won't be getting a PS4 until GT6 comes out.
Did your pen slipped ? :lol:
(is that how you say it ?)

I'd love it if the brought out tourist trophy again, best game on the ps2 for me.
MotoGP 14 GRrrrr, got on to the moto2 but a few bends on the first 3 tracks there a got to be a bug.
Where you just can't turn the bike in, WHY!!!!!!!!

There again went online once wow did I lose lol

@NinjaEvo That sounds awesome and many F1 fans would love it but it is unlikely to happen because :
  • A : the F1 licence contract is very restrictive, like the clause that says that every driver has to remain in the same team no matter what.
  • B : it's still an annual game (like FIFA...) so evolution is very slow from one year to another. We can hope for a major overhaul with the PS4/Xone upcoming game but after that I think it will resume it's copy/paste pattern

Slip of the pen :lol:

Very true, which is why part of me would be tempted to do it (if I had the ability) without any FIA/F1 licensing. Some skillful name changes to avoid legal action here and there and you are good to go. I'd use limited numbers of car models to make more room in the game for circuits. Three circuits from different countries for National Series, and then combinations of these for Continental or Global championships. Basically it would degenerate into a glorified F3 game... :lol:

It's what I always thought they should do with Superbike games, so you can have all the national series (British, American, Italian, German, French, Spanish, Japanese etc) each having a 6 round championship (2 races at 3 circuits) before then moving on to Asian, North American or European Championships and then finally on to the World stage, where the calendars for the second tier and up series change because of the vast selection of circuits to choose from.

Yeah but I think the licence is important, even if it drags constraints with it. I'm having fun bragging in front of my TV when I finish a race 20s+ in front of Vettel or Hamilton or insulting Maldonado whenever he crashes me while he's under blue flag. :D
The biggest problem I think is they have to put a game out every year and it ends in mediocre games like F1 2014. If they could just bring an update to the teams lineup and put out a game when they actually bring some new features or enhance the existing ones half the problem would be solved.

Think it will be GT7 for the ps4 m8, yeah lots more bugs :)
Got to think back GT5 took years to come out for the ps3, then a few more years later GT6 came.
With I can't count how many bugs it had, lets just say alot lol.

I will get Project cars but shame my G27 wheel will not work on it :(
Project cars maybe not as good as it sounds, guess will find soon...
I've got the crew for the ps4 hmm it's not that good really, It's a game not a driving sim I guess.
The wheel is the biggest issue for everyone I think. No way am I buying a new wheel if I don't have too

Did your pen slipped ? :lol:
whoops :lol:

Buy a PS1... :lol:

959.jpg

Then here's your dream racing game ! It has almost all the features you want (except actual driving), the problem is it is buggy as hell and pretty much poorly designed ! :lol:

It's already on my PC... :lol:

I can't believe they try to charge £15 for it though, let's just say I 'obtained' it via 'alternative means...' ;)

I didn't think I'd find it but here it is! I don't remember it being so small tho!

Attachments

• 142264291498646964917.jpg
    142264291498646964917.jpg
    351.3 KB · Views: 7
I didn't think I'd find it but here it is! I don't remember it being so small tho!

Anniversary Edition PS4? I'd be selling that or getting it back in the box... Going for £1000 last I checked.

My collection (not counting the PS1's that are boxed up, or my 1987 Game Boy or all the Wii and DC accessories) :D

Snapshot_20150130_2.jpg
Snapshot_20150130_3.jpg

Excuse the mess... :lol:

Outstanding, this is the best that I have...

View attachment 300718 View attachment 300719

Not the best pics but you get the point... :cheers:

Nice m8, I do have have hats and almost got him in a photo with me. But he needed to go away and think on the race at Donington park.
Seem to remember he can 2nd in that race and that little **** Dani won ffs.
There again can't knock the lite weight dani on this year test stoppie, well last year lol.

a proper modern BTCC ToCA would be amazing, gimme!

TheSega Mega Drive 2 was the best console in my opinion. The Old Super Monaco game was so fun, you could race Silverstone flat lol

Back