[GTOR] PTCC - Pam's Touring Car Championship - Series StoppedFinished 

• Thread starter Pamellaaa
  • 859 comments
@Doomstorm16....what can I say? That was a tough race mate. The first 15 minutes were great fun, I threw caution to the wind and forgot all about strategy and tyre preservation. It was a close finish to the race too, if only there had been one extra lap, or if @CptMadBean had pitted a couple of laps later and held you up. :lol: Well done, it was a well deserved win.

I think that you won it on the SM tyres, the Alfa seemed fairly good on them compared to the Clio, I slipped up pitting a lap later too, I should've pit early and tried to jump you. If only I had a crystal ball. 💡

@Doomstorm16....what can I say? That was a tough race mate. The first 15 minutes were great fun, I threw caution to the wind and forgot all about strategy and tyre preservation. It was a close finish to the race too, if only there had been one extra lap, or if @CptMadBean had pitted a couple of laps later and held you up. :lol: Well done, it was a well deserved win.

I think that you won it on the SM tyres, the Alfa seemed fairly good on them compared to the Clio, I slipped up pitting a lap later too, I should've pit early and tried to jump you. If only I had a crystal ball. 💡
Thanks man, it was certainly a very good close race! I think we kind of 🤬 each other up with our battle at the start, we should have been getting away from everyone not racing! :lol: But it was fun so who cares. 👍 I think your right about the sm's too. They were still awful on the mito, but mito is more stable than clio so they were still tameable.

I think we kind of 🤬 each other up with our battle at the start, we should have been getting away from everyone not racing! :lol:

I was thinking that too, but I was enjoying the battle too much. 👍 If you'd been on Team Awesome Clio I would have possibly stopped fighting you and played the draft game. We had fun though and we still broke away from the field, so it's all good. :cheers:

Nurburgring Endurance Final Results

Nurb Results.png

All stewarding for this event has now been completed.

It was another strong round for Team Clio, although they only took the most team points in this event by virtue of the bonus points they managed for Pole and for Fastest Lap, without this they would have been tied with Team Mito at the event. An excellent strategy call coupled with strong pace throughout saw @Doomstorm16 to a win, not what you would describe as a comfortable one though with @Ian_83 crossing the line less than 2 tenths later on fresher tyres!

A solid all round event and thank you to all that attended, we had no connection issues to speak of and everyone who started the race finished it. We also had more drivers on the grid than at the first event so again a big thank you to those who did take the time to race, I am sure the extra track time will pay off for all of you come Thursday!

After this event the championship tables look like this:

Endurance Teams Championship

Teams Standings After Nurb.png

Endurance Drivers Championship

Drivers Standings after Nurb.png

I would like to take this opportunity to remind everyone that the endurance races are long events that cannot be won on the first lap, you should exercise caution and patience at the start of any race but being impatient and causing an incident on lap 1 of a long race with so many better opportunities to do so later in the race is particularly inadvisable. No action is being taken based on yesterdays race but I would just like to ask everyone racing in the PTCC to bear this in mind going forward and try to be a little more careful in the early section of all races.

Now that is out of the way its time for the reminders for Thursday:

@Mikey24
@Drex124
@Ian_83
@CptMadBean
@von Holstein
@glenn88
@Duker_86
@Doomstorm16
@bloodyboyblue
@ImTheConan
@buck1
@STOCKY8A1
@mustafur
@NinjaEvo
@Roflwaffle
@True-blue-8

Please let me know as soon as reasonable possible if you will be unable to attend Thursdays racing, the lap information has now been added to the OP so you can get a feel for how long the racing will be.

I look forward to as full a grid as we can manage, as mentioned earlier if possible please get todays update done before Thursday evening, the racing will not be delayed while people complete the update so anyone with this issue will likely miss race 1.

Last edited:
@Pamellaaa I was having a read through the OP and being the picky sod that I am I noticed a couple of mistakes :cool:

First: Team fit is full but it says one space remaining.

Second: There are two round 7's :confused:

I feel like such a 🤬

It's very much possible and apologies if I've missed something, but in the results it states the amount of points Mikey and I got, yet in the overall team points thingy it only counts the points of Ian and the captain. Mistake or do only the top five peoples score points for their team?

It's very much possible and apologies if I've missed something, but in the results it states the amount of points Mikey and I got, yet in the overall team points thingy it only counts the points of Ian and the captain. Mistake or do only the top five peoples score points for their team?
Top 2 drivers of each team score points. 👍

Mikey is right. The top 2 results are counted towards the team points.

Top 2 drivers of each team score points. 👍

Mikey is correct, although if we get enough people on the grid this will be higher. For example if 3 of each car are on the track in qualifying then 3 of each will score for the team, same goes for 4 (if we can get a full grid).

At the moment we haven't managed to get more than 2 of each car on track for the same meeting, its just that Team Clio has had the best representation!

Hopefully in the coming events we will have more drivers on track and more people scoring for more teams :)

Don't worry mate. I noticed a really minor mistake in the results post that Pam made earlier too. :lol: Its still there now...... My ocd is kicking in.

Call the psychiatrist.

Someone put Netflix on whilst I was typing it, it was a tad distracting. Yes. It was me.

I have re-read it, you will have to enlighten me...

.....and spoil my fun?

Proof read it. :lol: Even you can find the mistake before the next event. ;)

I have done, couple of maybe right maybe wrong grammar things in there that I could re-write but not tonight!

If you mean bear/bare then you might be suprised ;) (I know I was when I had to look it up)

Alrighty, shows how much attention I've been paying when that was set up.

Ha, to be fair some of the changes I have made were added to the OP and adjusted in the spreadsheet and may not have been posted in the thread, I can't remember if this one was mentioned or not!

Woops, ta.

Weird how I can read it 3 times and not spot the mistake!
It's so easy to miss things though, especially when a spellchecker won't find it either. :lol:

I have poor spelling and grammar. I make loads of mistakes. :embarrassed:

Final tagging session pre race and drivers briefing time :)

@Mikey24
@Drex124
@CptMadBean
@Ian_83
@Pamellaaa
@glenn88
@von Holstein
@Duker_86
@Doomstorm16
@bloodyboyblue
@ImTheConan
@buck1
@STOCKY8A1
@mustafur
@NinjaEvo
@Roflwaffle
@True-blue-8

Please let me know if you wont be available to attend for any reason!

Drivers Briefing

Please take extra care into turn 1 in the early laps, it is far tighter than most tracks and is a major pinch point, anyone diving up the inside here and making contact will be investigated by the stewards and dealt with appropriately. Lap 1 will be even more chaotic than normal at this track so ensure that you are always leaving space for other drivers and you aren't forcing anyone off the track, brake early and just aim to get through corner 1 safely, there will be plenty of opportunities to make up positions later in the races!

The pit entrance and pit exit are potentially problematic here, the pit lane exit spits you out quite sharply into traffic so please be aware both when you are pitting and when you are passing the pit lane. The track is wide at the point so it shouldn't cause issues but if someone is taking a defensive line down the right hand side of the pit straight and a car exits the pits into their path it will be deemed to be the fault of the driver coming down the straight, please avoid taking this line if there is a chance of cars exiting the pit lane.

The pit entrance is relatively straight forward but you need to take the hairpin corner yourself before the auto-drive kicks in, if you miss your braking point for this you will hop the curb back onto the track. This in itself isn't a problem but anyone doing this and causing an accident or delaying another driver will be penalised, please take care on pit entry, its a tighter corner than the main track and you may be doing this for the first time on worn tyres.

Please do everything possible to avoid pushing the "bales" on the chicane onto the track, anyone doing this will be investigated and if it is decided that insufficient effort has been made to avoid this then penalties will follow.

If any incidents occur during this evening please do not post about them in the lobby or on the thread, PM @Pamellaaa, @Doomstorm16 or @Ian_83 and they will be investigated.

Most of all, drive cleanly and have a good nights racing, I look forward to seeing you all on the track :cheers:

Last edited:
What happened? :confused:
I don't know, I running race 3 of GTTCC last night and lap 7 of 9 I heard, like, a loud(ish) pop with a little spark and my steering suddenly went really light. I noticed that my force feedback was gone and the light on the adapter (which tells you when FFB is active) was gone. I have no idea why it happened or anything? :confused: My guess is that it got too hot.

I don't know, I running race 3 of GTTCC last night and lap 7 of 9 I heard, like, a loud(ish) pop with a little spark and my steering suddenly went really light. I noticed that my force feedback was gone and the light on the adapter (which tells you when FFB is active) was gone. I have no idea why it happened or anything? :confused: My guess is that it got too hot.

Oh dear :(

That's not good mate, its pretty new isn't it? should get sorted out right?

Ds3 tonight then?

Back