[GTOR] PTCC - Pam's Touring Car Championship - Series StoppedFinished 

• Thread starter Pamellaaa
  • 859 comments
I would re-read the post I sent you Pam on the test.
Ian did a 38.607 in the Mini, that was the best lap.
I did a 38.615 in the clio, It was the testing the Fit that set the firsts of the hot laps in the 38s.

I'm having a horrible day so far. I should've stopped in bed. :(

Hope tonight goes smoothly. I need some cheering up.

I would re-read the post I sent you Pam on the test.
Ian did a 38.607 in the Mini, that was the best lap.
I did a 38.615 in the clio, It was the testing the Fit that set the firsts of the hot laps in the 38s.

Fair enough mate, I think I was in the low 40s and high 39s then. I know I had a lot less laps than you two and wasn't quite up to the pace.

I'm having a horrible day so far. I should've stopped in bed. :(

Hope tonight goes smoothly. I need some cheering up.

Sorry to here that mate, I am sure tonight will go well although I am hoping to be a bit more of a challenge to you this week!

Sorry to here that mate, I am sure tonight will go well although I am hoping to be a bit more of a challenge to you this week!

Cheers. :cheers:

I'm not sure who will be top this week, I quite like this track, although I do prefer the GP/F version. I don't have a strategy planned yet, I'm not even too sure what the pit stop length or tyre degradation is like for both the SS and SM. So I guess that I'll just make it up as I go.....I'll figure something out. :nervous:

@Pamellaaa don't keep me waiting at the finish line too long. :P

Cheers. :cheers:

I'm not sure who will be top this week, I quite like this track, although I do prefer the GP/F version. I don't have a strategy planned yet, I'm not even too sure what the pit stop length or tyre degradation is like for both the SS and SM. So I guess that I'll just make it up as I go.....I'll figure something out. :nervous:

@Pamellaaa don't keep me waiting at the finish line too long. :P

Yeah I am going to be playing it by ear, I think after race 3 at Motegi I am definitely going to lean more towards and extra stop and fresher tyres than stretching a long stint out as you like to do!

Yeah I am going to be playing it by ear, I think after race 3 at Motegi I am definitely going to lean more towards and extra stop and fresher tyres than stretching a long stint out as you like to do!
I quite enjoy the long stints, battling with worn tyres can be quite rewarding. 👍 The thing I have to remember is that during the first part of a long stint, I must take it easy and put in slightly slower laps than I normally would. Bursting out of the pits and lapping at 100% pace just doesn't work, going at 90% with careful cornering is the answer, the tyres will last much longer and I'll retain more grip for longer. It isn't easy to do, because the natural instinct is to go flat out all the time. :lol:

I quite enjoy the long stints, battling with worn tyres can be quite rewarding. 👍 The thing I have to remember is that during the first part of a long stint, I must take it easy and put in slightly slower laps than I normally would. Bursting out of the pits and lapping at 100% pace just doesn't work, going at 90% with careful cornering is the answer, the tyres will last much longer and I'll retain more grip for longer. It isn't easy to do, because the natural instinct is to go flat out all the time. :lol:

Yeah, I found I got about 2 extra laps in testing from doing that on SMs over pushing hard, problem was with the adrenaline in a real race I couldn't do it!

Yeah, I found I got about 2 extra laps in testing from doing that on SMs over pushing hard, problem was with the adrenaline in a real race I couldn't do it!
Yep, that's the biggest problem really. I've tried keeping up with cars running SS and I've been on SM tyres. So I've pushed them too hard in the corners and shortened their life too much and it makes the last few minutes/laps really quite tricky. At the end of the day, we're only human, so it's easy to get carried away rather than looking at the bigger picture. :ouch:

I 'think' my plan will be a straight 2-stop again. It works well, the extra time lost in the pits having a 3rd stop is pretty difficult to recoup even with better lap times. 👍

I'm finding the sand pits still not helping me at all

Oh dear, that's not good especially at this track. :( Have you got your bucket and spade?

I 'think' my plan will be a straight 2-stop again. It works well, the extra time lost in the pits having a 3rd stop is pretty difficult to recoup even with better lap times. 👍

See I find the opposite, It doesn't take many laps at 3 seconds per lap slower before you have lost a pit stops worth of time.

I also like to be in the best possible position to fight for position come the end so the fresher the tyres are the better!

See I find the opposite, It doesn't take many laps at 3 seconds per lap slower before you have lost a pit stops worth of time.

I also like to be in the best possible position to fight for position come the end so the fresher the tyres are the better!
See the difference isn't constantly 3 seconds per lap though. The SM's to begin with aren't that much slower, then mid stint they drop off more, but come towards the end of the stint they have a little bit more to give compared to the SS's. So it's not easy to work out exactly what will happen in terms of overall pace per tyre life. No spreadsheet will give you the accurate answer, the only true way of knowing is a full length test running the full distance and both strategies. Even then there will be other influences during the race that will make quite a difference, draft, slower cars, defending from faster cars, making mistakes. It's a lottery either way. :lol: I agree, it's nice to have better tyres at the end of the race so that it's possible to battle through to the win.

See the difference isn't constantly 3 seconds per lap though. The SM's to begin with aren't that much slower, then mid stint they drop off more, but come towards the end of the stint they have a little bit more to give compared to the SS's. So it's not easy to work out exactly what will happen in terms of overall pace per tyre life. No spreadsheet will give you the accurate answer, the only true way of knowing is a full length test running the full distance and both strategies. Even then there will be other influences during the race that will make quite a difference, draft, slower cars, defending from faster cars, making mistakes. It's a lottery either way. :lol: I agree, it's nice to have better tyres at the end of the race so that it's possible to battle through to the win.

I suspect you are right and that a two stop would be the fastest strategy over all.

Problem I find with it is its so frustrating to drive so slowly for so long that I will get frustrated, push too hard and lose loads of time because of it.

Problem I find with it is its so frustrating to drive so slowly for so long that I will get frustrated, push too hard and lose loads of time because of it.

Oh yes, it's annoying as anything. Driving careful consistent laps with rubbish tyres is not exactly thrilling especially when looking at the split times and seeing how much quicker the car ahead/behind is lapping.

There are times when I've thought that I'm basically a sitting duck, lapping so much slower than everyone else, but then when I see the 'pit' symbol light up next the oppositions name, I feel good inside especially if I've got more life left in the tyres. :D

I might do something totally different today. I'll see how the mood takes me.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know how much time is lost while taking a pit stop at Nurb?

Pam I've got a funny idea for tonight.

Why not place the start time at 06:00, Plus progression on to 4 times.
Would mean we start in the dark and watch the sun rise :)
Track temp also colder than normal so there a little less grip.
Or we could watch the sun set, just think as it one of the tracks you can mess with time why not give it a go ;)

Pam I've got a funny idea for tonight.

Why not place the start time at 06:00, Plus progression on to 4 times.
Would mean we start in the dark and watch the sun rise :)
Track temp also colder than normal so there a little less grip.
Or we could watch the sun set, just think as it one of the tracks you can mess with time why not give it a go ;)

Could do, will test it in the pre-lobby though, tried a night thing at Willow in pre-season and some of the cars had basically no headlights :(

I don't like the time change.

Messes with my braking grip. Can't see brake lights all that well due to sidelights either.

It's a nice idea but I'm not too keen. I tested 8am onwards.

An excellent race tonight, thank you to @Doomstorm16, @Ian_83, @CptMadBean, @bloodyboyblue, @Mikey24 and @Drex124 for attending. We had a rock solid room, 7 cars on the grid and 7 cars finishing, 3 different teams represented in the top 4 positions, some interesting and varied strategies and thankfully no pit crews on strike :lol:

Congrats to @Doomstorm16 on the (provisional) win but bloody hell you made it hard work, winning by .171 of a second after an hour! You also nearly took my lead lap point away, with @Ian_83's pit box being past the start finish line I had to go around again and you almost caught me before the line!

Good racing all :cheers:

The provisional results are as follows, the stewards do have some investigation to do and these results will be made official when this is complete, if anyone has anything they would like investigated please notify myself, @Ian_83 or @Doomstorm16 within 24 Hours. I believe I have got everyone who did lead a lap listed on here but if anyone thinks they led a lap please let me know.

PrestewardingresultsNurbEndurance.png

Roll on Thursday :cheers:

Can I sign up for this and take the remaining Honda spot?

GTP: Roflwaffle
PSN: Roflwaffle16
Car No.:16

Of course you can! Glad to have you on board :cheers:

I don't know what timezone "Somewhere" is but does it work out ok for 7PM BST on Thursdays (and Ideally Mondays)?

Edit: Added to the OP 👍

I always get disconnected as soon as the race ends, but at least I got my money this week, unlike last week. And I was slightly more competitive this race at least. I had to run SMs again on the last run to make it till the end without pitting which stopped me getting 4th. Also I couldn't see Mikey in the race, he was just stopped on the grid the entire race.

I always get disconnected as soon as the race ends, but at least I got my money this week, unlike last week. And I was slightly more competitive this race at least. I had to run SMs again on the last run to make it till the end without pitting which stopped me getting 4th. Also I couldn't see Mikey in the race, he was just stopped on the grid the entire race.

You had a good race and we had a good strategy battle through most of the race. Interesting that you took two stints on the SMs, I worked a long stint in at the start to make sure I could avoid doing that!

So that everyone is aware there has been an update today, its not a huge one but I would appreciate it if everyone could get this done before Thursday if possible. I want to try and avoid delays because people fire up their PS3s at 5 mins to 7 and then have an update to do.

Fingers crossed it improves stability a little bit but for that I guess we will have to wait until Thursday.

So that everyone is aware there has been an update today, its not a huge one but I would appreciate it if everyone could get this done before Thursday if possible. I want to try and avoid delays because people fire up their PS3s at 5 mins to 7 and then have an update to do.

Fingers crossed it improves stability a little bit but for that I guess we will have to wait until Thursday.

Done

Back