[GTOR] PTCC - Pam's Touring Car Championship - Series StoppedFinished 

• Thread starter Pamellaaa
  • 859 comments
Good race tonight. :) Tyre wear was interesting, I was trying my best to preserve them rather than trying to get the fastest lap.....not that I can beat Madbean's lap times. :lol:

The final few laps were quite awkward, I was starting to run out of fuel, so I had to be careful and drive more economically. It all worked our though. 👍

Congratulations Madbean for getting pole and fastest lap.

Well done to Mikey for racing on a wheel for the first time. I hope that your wrists feel better soon. You'll get the hang of it and gain some strength with practice.

Thanks all for attending tonight, the grid was slightly smaller than I hoped but the racing was good and the lobby ran smoothly (assuming we gloss over the Yellow issue :lol:). Well Done Ian on your win, it has been a strong start for Team Clio in the endurance championship.

My pit crew have clearly been borrowed from Manor Marrussia as soon as there was a car in front of them they had no idea what to do! This was very frustrating but at least I held on long enough to get my lead lap point.

There were no connection issues until the racing had finished, much better this way around than happening mid race!
Provisional Results

Qualification:
@CptMadBean : 90.190
2. @Pamellaaa: 90.342
3. @Ian_83 : 90.608
4. @Mikey24 : 91.327
5. @NinjaEvo : 92.027
6. @bloodyboyblue : 92.425

Race:
@Ian_83
2. @CptMadBean
3. @NinjaEvo
4. @bloodyboyblue +1 Lap
5. @Mikey24 : +5 Laps
6. @Pamellaaa : +24 Laps

Fastest Lap:
@CptMadBean : 90.229

Lap Leaders:
@Pamellaaa, @Ian_83

Motegi East Endurance Results.png

Current championship standings will be posted alongside this information when results are made official.
All of the above is subject to change pending stewarding decisions, if anyone has any incidents they would like investigated please PM @Pamellaaa, @Doomstorm16 or @Ian_83 with details of the incident including who was involved, the race and lap in which it occurred and a brief synopsis of what you believe warrants investigation. You have 24 hours from the end of the race to to request any incidents be investigated, if no PMs have been received by this point results will be made official, if PMs are recieved results will be made official as soon as all stewarding decisions have been completed.

Really don't know what mikey was doing with the wheel to make his wrists hurt!
For long races I found the wheel a lot better than a pad.
Trying to hold that dam thing then hand sweat, mikey when you hit your 40s your see what I mean lol.
What stand you got the one one me and Ian got very good.
Just thinking if it's not a suited height it could make all sorts of problems.

Your time will build with the wheel, don't think your be quick in a week.
New buttons can alway lead to mistakes even a year later :irked:

Question where the hell did I find them lap times tonight?
I know my Q lap had no draft help .190 I was shocked with myself.
I set a .2?? in Q then went in for another pit stop, Was hoping to draft Ninja but he moved over on the staight.
So I went on and not thinking I did only thing good and bang that lap time can up lol

How many mentions are @Mikey24's wrist pains going to get before someone makes the obvious joke?......

Close Dam it, ok mikey stop playing with the gear knob

Last edited by a moderator:
I set a .2?? in Q then went in for another pit stop, Was hoping to draft Ninja but he moved over on the staight.
So I went on and not thinking I did only thing good and bang that lap time can up lol

That was very impressive! I assumed you had drafted @Ian_83 around most of the lap to get that time.

I got my 30.3 with a small bit of draft, I say small because I waited a long time (until about 1:40 to go in the session) to find someone to follow around. Mikey came past and I followed him onto the straight. About halfway down the straight though he hit the handbrake and I had to take avoiding action. That probably was enough to negate the advantage I had got so I just threw the car at the rest of the track in the hope of picking up some time!

Thursday is going to be very competitive, I can't wait :D

I'd just finished my hot lap (which was luke-warm at best) and moved to not hold you up. I don't know if I distracted you though since you went straight on at T1.

I was 1.5 seconds a lap off the pace, lucked into a podium but I'll take it. :D

I'd just finished my hot lap (which was luke-warm at best) and moved to not hold you up. I don't know if I distracted you though since you went straight on at T1.

You did well tonight mate, seemed to be struggling on worn tyres in the practice races but I didn't see you at all during the main race so I couldn't comment.

Podium is a podium though and its all good mileage which should help come Thursday :D

What strategies did people run today then?did everyone go 3 stop or did some try 4?

My plan was to run the SMs for about 22 mins and then split two even stints on the SS, it worked well until my pit crew went on strike!

What strategies did people run today then?did everyone go 3 stop or did some try 4?

My plan was to run the SMs for about 22 mins and then split two even stints on the SS, it worked well until my pit crew went on strike!
I did a 3 stop (SS, SM, SM, SS) until my wrists gave out. 👍

@CptMadBean has kept me up late playing H1Z1 again!!! I'm going to be in so much trouble when I get to bed, :nervous: my missus is not going to be happy tonight.

We could have done with some more drivers for the endurance, but it was a bank holiday Monday (in the UK) so I'd expect it to be a bit quiet. Regardless of how many attend, it's still good fun and great practice for Thursday's racing. 👍

I'm chuffed to have kicked things off with a win. I wasn't expecting to win here, both @CptMadBean and @Pamellaaa were lapping quicker than me. I guess that I was pretty lucky really, Pam's pit crew went on-strike and MadBean's crew fitted the wrong tyres. :lol: Oh dear!!! :sly:

Bring on Thursday. :cheers:

Oh so that was a bad lap then, that's means I did the .190 without draft :cheers:
It's a hard track really turn 4 and 5 all about not over pushing turn 3.
Getting turn 3 good is also about getting turn 2 right.
Turn 6 slow right leads to 7 full speed, but then turn 8 go in to fast the track time gone.

Done Motegi East alot in BTCC, not sure I've ever really done well.
But I know the track well from Btcc days, It's been knowen for bad pit stops.
Plus hitting the pit wall in auto drive as you enter the pits.

My tip is don't power on to early out of alot of bends there a real flow around them

@CptMadBean has kept me up late playing H1Z1 again!!! I'm going to be in so much trouble when I get to bed, :nervous: my missus is not going to be happy tonight.

We could have done with some more drivers for the endurance, but it was a bank holiday Monday (in the UK) so I'd expect it to be a bit quiet. Regardless of how many attend, it's still good fun and great practice for Thursday's racing. 👍

I'm chuffed to have kicked things off with a win. I wasn't expecting to win here, both @CptMadBean and @Pamellaaa were lapping quicker than me. I guess that I was pretty lucky really, Pam's pit crew went on-strike and MadBean's crew fitted the wrong tyres. :lol: Oh dear!!! :sly:

Bring on Thursday. :cheers:

Lucky win again Ian and you know your misses will not blame me for keeping you up late again.
I just don't do no wrong in her eyes :)

Even your cat on my side but he needs to learn jump on your lap with claws out :mad:

I was planning on running a 1 stop race (ran sm on front SS on back the 2nd stint) since I'm slower than everyone anyway until I saw I was actually racing mikey for 4th so I pitted for a 2nd time and ran the last 12 minutes on softs. But I only got 5 litres of gas and apparently that wasn't enough and I ran out halfway through the final lap. Good thing I didn't have anything to lose.

What do people thing about the qualifying format? I definitely prefer using the proper qualifying system as we did yesterday, its nice to see the times at the end and see where everyone is compared to each other and it means that I can post the times as part of the results thread.

The main disadvantage to it is that latecomers can't join in and if someone DCs during Q they won't be able to race until race 2. What are peoples thoughts on this?

Personally I prefer doing the Q this way Pam. It's nice having an official qualifying session.

I agree, as long as it doesn't cause issues with people DCing and then not being able to start the race I think we will go with the proper Q session. Even if people turn up late they will still be able to get involved with race 2 and 3.

Does anyone have any objections to this?

Ah crap how much have I missed? The site has not been alerting me

Just the first endurance mate, you should have been getting tagged but I am not 100% sure the copy and paste method of tagging that I am using is working.

Next race is this Thursday!

Just the first endurance mate, you should have been getting tagged but I am not 100% sure the copy and paste method of tagging that I am using is working.

Next race is this Thursday!
Thought it was thursday, saw your sig and was like "oh ****"

Thought it was thursday, saw your sig and was like "oh ****"
Don't worry, I forgot all about the endurance this week too. I only remembered at dinner time. :lol: The bank holiday had muddled me up.

Are you coming to next week's enduro? It would be good to have another driver on track and its great practice for Thursday.

Don't worry, I forgot all about the endurance this week too. I only remembered at dinner time. :lol: The bank holiday had muddled me up.

Are you coming to next week's enduro? It would be good to have another driver on track and its great practice for Thursday.
I'll consider it mate, depends if I feel up to it. Every race needs a back marker eh?

I'll consider it mate, depends if I feel up to it. Every race needs a back marker eh?

You never know what might happen in an endurance. ;) It's not about being the fastest.

Absolutely, the endurance races are all about looking after your tyres, managing your pace and most importantly of all not crashing!

oh and not running out of fuel!

Getting the strategy right before the race could see you well up the order and the more time you spend in the car the more competitive you will be come Thursday nights.

Getting the strategy right before the race could see you well up the order.....

While I totally agree with you, having a strategy pre-planned isn't necessary. I've made up most of my strategies while actually racing, simply monitoring the tyre wear and lap times as I go. No need to plan ahead, although it does probably help.

While I totally agree with you, having a strategy pre-planned isn't necessary. I've made up most of my strategies while actually racing, simply monitoring the tyre wear and lap times as I go. No need to plan ahead, although it does probably help.

Yeah that is a good point, mine normally change slightly on the fly!

I probably didn't need to add the before the race bit, simply getting the strategy right will bring good results in the endurance race!

Latest Posts

Back