[GTOR] PTCC - Pam's Touring Car Championship - Series StoppedFinished 

• Thread starter Pamellaaa
  • 859 comments
In the interest of balancing the cars and making sure that the success penalty works, will we be applying some penalties in tonight's test races? I know that we'd ordinarily let a penalty stick for a whole evening, but it'd make sense to at least run a couple of cars with the penalty to see whether or not it's working.

I'll take the penalty if you want?

Right, the car is tuned and ready to race. Let's gooo
I'm ready too. I've just got to check for updates, buy the correct car, tune it to spec, paint it, get some nice wheels........oh heck. :banghead:

In the interest of balancing the cars and making sure that the success penalty works, will we be applying some penalties in tonight's test races? I know that we'd ordinarily let a penalty stick for a whole evening, but it'd make sense to at least run a couple of cars with the penalty to see whether or not it's working.

That's Ian on 40% power all night, If I can make it tonight I will try to get on.

I'm ready too. I've just got to check for updates, buy the correct car, tune it to spec, paint it, get some nice wheels........oh heck. :banghead:

Thats a good idea, the thinking behind the penalties being fixed is only to make the events run smoothly, a bit of disruption during a test event seems like a good trade-off to make sure it works well.

I am hoping that the levels of penalty listed in the OP will allow someone with full power to still be competitive if they are driving very well and to generally close up the whole field without making good results impossible.

For tonight only (and possibly next weeks test) We will base penalties for race 2 and 3 (and any other mess around races that we do) on the results of race 1 :)

Cool. 👍

I like having power penalties, it gives others a chance to win a race and that can only be a good thing. It'll be hard having the penalty applied for a full evening, but it will make hosting easy and also tuning for the drivers. So as long as the penalty isn't overly severe it should be just fine. We'll find out tonight. :)

I had a quick question....but I'm old and I've forgotten what it was. :embarrassed:

Cool. 👍

I like having power penalties, it gives others a chance to win a race and that can only be a good thing. It'll be hard having the penalty applied for a full evening, but it will make hosting easy and also tuning for the drivers. So as long as the penalty isn't overly severe it should be just fine. We'll find out tonight. :)

I had a quick question....but I'm old and I've forgotten what it was. :embarrassed:

Yeah, I think its important to have some form of penalty system to stop it being the same couple of people who win everything. The maximum penalty is only 15BHP or 6% so although it will make a difference it should still give those penalised the chance of a good result particularly when the penalties go all the way down to 7th place :)

Aha!!! My brain has started to work again. It's not totally dead yet, I don't dribble and drool just yet. :lol:

@sb360 will there be a pit window for the 3 races? There is no mention of it in the OP (that I saw).

Aha!!! My brain has started to work again. It's not totally dead yet, I don't dribble and drool just yet. :lol:

@sb360 will there be a pit window for the 3 races? There is no mention of it in the OP (that I saw).

The current intention is to have no pit window for race one and two, I don't think it will be required as all cars should have similar levels of tyre wear and the optimum strategy is always going to be to pit slap bang in the middle of the race and as we don't have to worry about FF/FR strategy differences I think we leave a free strategy and let people choose whatever they want and still get a reasonable mix of strategies :)

I think in the feature race a window might be required but it will depend on the difference in tyre life between the SS and SMs on the fast setting, the ideal scenario is that the SMs, although slower would last long enough compared to the SS to make them a viable race tyre and therefore give us some strategy variation, this will require further testing and is something that I will hope to have better information on tonight 👍 It might be the case that to make this work we would need to have race 3 tyre wear set on very fast (and possibly look at Sports Hards instead of SMs), again hopefully we will all know more about this tonight and then we can have a discussion about what the best option will be. If people don't have to rush off I would be keen to run a 4th race and try out the very fast wear to see how it works.

The current intention is to have no pit window for race one and two, I don't think it will be required as all cars should have similar levels of tyre wear and the optimum strategy is always going to be to pit slap bang in the middle of the race and as we don't have to worry about FF/FR strategy differences I think we leave a free strategy and let people choose whatever they want and still get a reasonable mix of strategies :)

I think in the feature race a window might be required but it will depend on the difference in tyre life between the SS and SMs on the fast setting, the ideal scenario is that the SMs, although slower would last long enough compared to the SS to make them a viable race tyre and therefore give us some strategy variation, this will require further testing and is something that I will hope to have better information on tonight 👍 It might be the case that to make this work we would need to have race 3 tyre wear set on very fast (and possibly look at Sports Hards instead of SMs), again hopefully we will all know more about this tonight and then we can have a discussion about what the best option will be. If people don't have to rush off I would be keen to run a 4th race and try out the very fast wear to see how it works.
Sounds interesting..

If people don't have to rush off I would be keen to run a 4th race and try out the very fast wear to see how it works.
Sounds good to me, as long as we aren't running too late. I typically get my racing done and finished with and then I have something to eat. So when the GTTCC was running late I'd have a starving girlfriend stood next to me with a kitchen knife. :nervous:

Sounds good to me, as long as we aren't running too late. I typically get my racing done and finished with and then I have something to eat. So when the GTTCC was running late I'd have a starving girlfriend stood next to me with a kitchen knife. :nervous:

I will do my best to keep everything running to time, I wouldn't want to upset your girlfriend!

My tack list? Hopefully tonight. 👍 I would like to see what the cars perform like and have a look through the track list in-game. I'm a tactical voter. :)

What do people think about points for pole position? I don't think I want to do points for fastest or lead lap but I am considering 3 points for pole position.

Hmm, the lead lap point made pit strategy better in my opinion. If I could grab an extra point by going a lap or 2 longer it would make me push the tyres and keep things interesting. I know it gives more replay work though.

I don't really agree with that last post mate, sorry. Also pole could potentially just be won by the guy with most power, giving 3 bonus points, then possibly a race win, pole for race 2 and so on.

Hmm, the lead lap point made pit strategy better in my opinion. If I could grab an extra point by going a lap or 2 longer it would make me push the tyres and keep things interesting. I know it gives more replay work though.

I don't really agree with that last post mate, sorry. Also pole could potentially just be won by the guy with most power, giving 3 bonus points, then possibly a race win, pole for race 2 and so on.
Yeah I agree, seems too similar to that stupid double points rule from F1

Fair enough, as long as I (or another stewards) remembers to save all the replays then its really not a huge amount of work to add a lead lap point. I agree about the pit strategy, someone might compromise their race strategy chasing the bonus point and then get caught at the end because of it, it certainly makes things more interesting. Consider it done :)

Do we think fastest lap points are a good idea then?

Yes. It gives something to aim for even when there is no chance of a win. We all need a challenge.

Makes sense, most of this is because I am being lazy and trying to make my spreadsheets automate themselves :lol:

Anyway, I like a challenge, I am sure I can automate most of this.

I still like the idea of a point for pole too, do people really not want this?

Makes sense, most of this is because I am being lazy and trying to make my spreadsheets automate themselves :lol:

Anyway, I like a challenge, I am sure I can automate most of this.

I still like the idea of a point for pole too, do people really not want this?
Yep, a point for pole too please?

Stop being lazy. :lol: You need to step away from the spreadsheets.

Back