GTP Code of Conduct: Guide for online racing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Want to put up SNAGStrit for this list.

I started at the front but cut the corner just before going under the bridge on the first lap of suzuka and got a penalty which let him pass. Parts of the track he was faster and parts where I was so there was a bit of yoyo'ing. on the straight before 130R on the last lap I think he moved over to stop me drafting him but already had enough of a tow to just make the turn before him although I think he had to yeild a little going into the corner on the inside. Great race.

Like to nominate GuerillaBlack, great driver, had a clean battle and always giving room. The fact is that he was driving a Mine's Skyline which are notorious for bad driving in Suzuka is welcoming. Unfortuntely I think we were both punted off by the 'eventual' winner who just doesn't seem to give a damn on braking and avoid rear ending people. And have a guess what car he's in...

Oh and Zabeu is an absolute gentleman. He accidently hit me on the hairpin at Suzuka so he let me through after. 👍

I've changed my name into GTP-Michel a few days ago, makes it a bit easier to recognize ppl from here.

Yes,you raced the Elise and later the Nissan,

Nice to race you,Michel 👍

Giorgio8

Awesome race at least 2 or the passing moves a lap until I got taken out on last corner of last lap by an elsie!

i think gt5p should have a engine size restriction on all the race events so that the events would not be filled with elise's if you guys know what i mean. just to make it fair play. i think it makes more sense rather than having a performance points class.

Hopefully they collect a lot of stats (or rather, analyse them!) to judge PP650 time trial times. Surely adjustments can be made considering the best legal lap times to account for the differences

I am a Brit :sly:
How come they reported you? For hating Lotus drivers?
Btw, The name in the name list 'Ivy87' is mean't to be 'Ivy27'.

The "brits" are quite fine with shouting down the Lotus fanboys too, cheers. We do have many other great manufacturers which are in some areas superior to Lotus (like Le Mans performance). So there :)

Nah, I made a post about the Z06 that asked if it, in good hands, would outperform the Lotus "wankers", and I think someone took offense directly with it. Which I found kinda hilarious - but I guess it more stemmed from me not understanding the exact level of meaning of the word "wanker" in the UK.
It's not even Lotus drivers I am referring to, it's just the kiddies that race like maniacs and pick the Lotus for one reason: because they want to win and it is the easiest, fastest car to drive with all assists on.

I love Lotus, Lotii, whatever the plural of that is. :P

All in all it just reinforces my position that when I get my copy of either Prologue or the full GT5, I'll stick to racing guys from this community because that's where the real action's at. I just wish I had something relevant to post on a white or black list, so I'll go away now.

Ok, i cant resist, being a "brit", i have to add that i work for lotus, on the production line. and have just built 11 fine elise/exige's today. =)

HAhahah. I didn't mean any offense by saying "brit", I was just teasing you guys over in the UK.

I'm also very jealous of your job. Congrats on that man. I just rebuilt my Camaro's engine and understand very well how much satisfaction comes from doing any kind of car work successfully. :)

ME! Believe me ppl i'm a clean racer myself, and like to avoid hitting other people and having a clean race, but I might just feel the temptation to get my own back sometimes :P

If you hit me.

Nomination for Sasa318is in his orange Ford Focus.

Had dozens of races with him last night. After some initial "defensive friction" in the 1st race, he quickly saw I was serious and we battled clean for the lead in every race. Even had a couple one-on-one races. Great duels with mistakes from both, all disregarded and taken as racing incidents. Not one bad move.

Thumbs up. 👍

Sorry I can't say the same for almost all others that raced with us... at one point or another all got too defensive or too aggressive...

HAhahah. I didn't mean any offense by saying "brit", I was just teasing you guys over in the UK.

I'm also very jealous of your job. Congrats on that man. I just rebuilt my Camaro's engine and understand very well how much satisfaction comes from doing any kind of car work successfully. :)

No offense taken at all my friend! 👍

Some names that should definitely be on this list (and who have PSN names) are jump_ace, GTP_daan and Famine3H, all of whom I've had the pleasure of racing against and who are exceptionally clean drivers.

Another two people who should be on this list but as yet don't seem to have PSN identities are our newest moderator, Smallhorses and also Race Idiot, who are arguably the most courteous multiplayer drivers I've had the pleasure of racing against...

P.S. I just got my broadband kit delivered to work and will install it when I get home, so I will finally be able to take part in Prologue online :D

Another two people who should be on this list but as yet don't seem to have PSN identities are our newest moderator, Smallhorses and also Race Idiot, who are arguably the most courteous multiplayer drivers I've had the pleasure of racing against...

P.S. I just got my broadband kit delivered to work and will install it when I get home, so I will finally be able to take part in Prologue online :D

Post back when they get PSN names & I'll add them.

I'D lke to put a good fair clean racer up on the white list...

PSN: GTRP_Klopfer

In his green Lotus on suzuka nice racing mate untill he got took out by a guy in a white car on the last turn :(

Some names that should definitely be on this list (and who have PSN names) are jump_ace, GTP_daan and Famine3H, all of whom I've had the pleasure of racing against and who are exceptionally clean drivers.

I raced with daan and famine in a lan so for sure they are clean online racers and i'm 100% confident the others are great racers also.

But wouldn't it be wise to actually race online to be on a list?

@ TheMoose,

Perhaps including [post=2936110]this guide[/post] on to your 1st post might be an idea too. In that sense it might give one something to hold on to. For those that truly wish to change from .... to "white listed" and are not sure what is meant by "white listed". Who knows who we might convert here :sly:

I'm sure Amar wont mind.

And as far as the names mentioned by Sjaak and TM, I too have LAN raced them and they're gentleman racers.

AMG.

just had a race on suzuka pp650 just now with some guys on here, Turtle_GTRP and another guy with a Red GTR R35 think his name was sprinter or sphinxer(maybe turtle_gtrp might remember?)...we had a 2 lap battle which was pretty clean, i knew the r35 was good on the brakes so i tried to get some distance on you braking into the first corner but i braked a fraction to late and i was off, still finished 4th though. i also raced another GTRP guy but i can't remember his name. i was in the white subaru impreza spec c '05.👍

very fast driving turtle, might have a chance with sticking with you if you didn't have the 111r :)

and ApexRacer is clean too, you might remember me...white subaru

I'D lke to put a good fair clean racer up on the white list...

PSN: GTRP_Klopfer

In his green Lotus on suzuka nice racing mate untill he got took out by a guy in a white car on the last turn :(

it wasn't me

hey guys :cheers:

First off sorry if some of you have been driving against me, sometimes i just cant control myself, cause of the pushing and banging :guilty: normally i drive clean other times i try to drift lol ends in a crash sometimes :ouch:

if some of you have seen Sproket555 he´s a ok in driving, good challenge on my hands there :) hope to see some of you in a good and clean race.

by the way nice list 👍

Greets
NightShadow-Dk
im mostly in sports highspeed in my yellow Mitsubishi Evo IX Gsr 05 :)
Trying the evo x soon

First off sorry if some of you have been driving against me, sometimes i just cant control myself, cause of the pushing and banging :guilty: normally i drive clean other times i try to drift lol ends in a crash sometimes :ouch:
Welcome to GTPlanet; just make sure you play fair when racing on-line. That's why we have a "White List" and "Black List". There's no excuses for cheating, unless everyone has agreed to a free-for-all (or whatever term is used).

Whatever you choose to do offline is your choice.

lol cheating is for those who aint learned how to drive.

when im offline im still testing myself in driving, my way of learning the track and car. i still find error on myself though.

and thx for the welcome pupik.

Cheers :cheers:

spyrrari i know for a fact is a clean racer, i raced him about 3 minutes ago in suzuka 650pp. it was great fun, i passed him in the first race and he tried to block me (in a legitimate manner) entering the first corner and i still made it. second race i waited for him after everyone quit on us, then we had a great, close race. he had me all the way until he made a mistake on the chicane on the last lap, i think he lost it coming out of 130R. great fun though. so whoever doubts him, think again as he is a great sport 👍

Please excuse me, but this thread is about people you enjoyed racing with with GT5P. Since the drivers you mentioned don't have a PS3 and/or GT5P, I think those drivers shouldn't be placed on the list (yet) and that you aren't in the position to nominate drivers in the first place, while you haven't even played online at the time of your post.

As a (super) moderator, you have to be a role model for all the other members. Your post however smells more like trying to abuse your status as a super moderator, suggesting to get your friends placed on the list. Although I highly respect the drivers you mentioned, I strongly disapprove this kind of behaviour.
I sincerely hope the truth isn't the way I outlined it, because behaviour like this from the staff could seriously damage the impeccable reputation of GTPlanet...

i had a race with GTRP_Loopy, he is clean too, i lost it on the corner just before you go under the bridge, went from 1st to 4th on the last lap lol. GTRP Loopy finished 3rd

add Bertrand07 to the list. Had a great battle with him at HSR, clean too.
Just goes to show not all elise drivers are idiots.

Please excuse me, but this thread is about people you enjoyed racing with with GT5P. Since the drivers you mentioned don't have a PS3 and/or GT5P, I think those drivers shouldn't be placed on the list (yet) and that you aren't in the position to nominate drivers in the first place, while you haven't even played online at the time of your post.

As a (super) moderator, you have to be a role model for all the other members. Your post however smells more like trying to abuse your status as a super moderator, suggesting to get your friends placed on the list. Although I highly respect the drivers you mentioned, I strongly disapprove this kind of behaviour.
I sincerely hope the truth isn't the way I outlined it, because behaviour like this from the staff could seriously damage the impeccable reputation of GTPlanet...

Well, as far as I'm concerned, any of the people TM referred to on his post don't even need to be on any list for other members here to know they're clean and fair drivers.

Although I agree that names should only be put on that list after having raced online with someone that 'nominates' them, I also have to say that, many of those names have been brought up once by some "random" member.
What proof is there that that person is in fact a clean driver? Remember that. I'm not claiming it's BS, just reminding that, as there's a black list in which anyone can throw a name in saying "this guy is a basher", and getting that person on a "to avoid" list, same thing can happen here (reversed), based purely on a single comment made by a member, without any evidence whatsoever.
For all I know, people have registered on GTP, threw their PSN-ID on the white list and voilà. Instant "glory".

So, I wouldn't be so quick in accusing anyone (moderator or not) of trying to get anyone on that list, because, as far as I know, that has actually happened with at least a few names on that list.

Basically you're telling us that you trust more on the nomination of someone by a 1-post member than by a long-time member, that has nothing else to prove here, by naming other fair and trustworthy members as clean drivers, and even having evidence to back it up.

spyrrari i know for a fact is a clean racer, i raced him about 3 minutes ago in suzuka 650pp. it was great fun, i passed him in the first race and he tried to block me (in a legitimate manner) entering the first corner and i still made it. second race i waited for him after everyone quit on us, then we had a great, close race. he had me all the way until he made a mistake on the chicane on the last lap, i think he lost it coming out of 130R. great fun though. so whoever doubts him, think again as he is a great sport 👍

cheers mate:cheers:...
jep whas good racing !
i lost it actually coming into 130R by touching the grass on the entrance of that corner trying to get enough speed to have a outbraking chance at the chicane!!and when you touch the grass there.....you will see suzuka spinning arround you !:):)....
anyway it whas also nice to see the difference between my rwd car and your 4wd....you:better exit out of slow corners
me:more speed in fast corners(no understeer)....
good racing:tup:
spyrrari.

I'm sorry that you think that this is some sort of super-mod nepotism, but I am justified in saying that these people are clean racers because I have raced against them personally at GT4 LAN's, both in the UK (against Race Idiot, Smallhorses, Famine, daan and many others) and in the US (jump_ace, Smallhorses). I didn't say I had raced them online in GT5P, but I have raced against them personally in an almost identical scenario where the exact same rules of acceptable behaviour apply...

This is why I am skeptical of the black list and suggested the white list in the first place - because from my experience of 4 separate LAN events, I know that people make mistakes or occasionally pull dodgy moves, and I know that it is not usually a hanging offense (although I do hear that Sukerkin has a Samurai sword on hand to deal with particularly troublesome opponents).

The first set of folks that I have recommended are people that are, IMO, deserving of being white-listed on the strength of my personal experience of racing against them at Gran Turismo, since they take particular care to race cleanly.... for the sake of brevity, I only mentioned a few people from an otherwise longer list because they have PSN ID's. In the case of Smallhorses and Race Idiot (and I should have also included several others, including VEXD), who I point out do not have PSN names yet, I was merely making it known that I found these members of GTPlanet to be exceptionally courteous drivers, and hence also worthy of being added to anybody's PS3 Friends list if it's a clean race you are looking for...

Anyway, feel free to take or leave the post. Not every post a moderator makes needs to be read as if it's a decree from on high - I am a regular GTP member first and a moderator second after all. You are, of course, correct if you detect a hint of bias in my post, but that's kind of the idea - not only are these guys fair drivers, they are also really good drivers too and I enjoy racing them, despite the fact that they are all capable of whipping my butt. The whole point of this thread is to recommend people who you have raced against on the strength of your own biased, personal experience with them, and that's exactly what I've done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back