GTP Code of Conduct: Guide for online racing

Status
Not open for further replies.
i aspire to getting my name on that list as am a true GT deciple

I hear yah, I'll get my name on here some day :P I'm just not that good at "racing" yet so my apolligies to anyone last night that I might have squeezed.

P.S. I think if they pulled the driver position back a little so you could see more of the side mirrors that would help a lot.

I really want to be on this list, but I make big mistakes unless I'm racing with another clean racer, which is not common I've found.

I was on Daytona Speedway in a 1-on-1 race with a Renault Clio (I was in an Integra). We kept slipstreaming past one another, when he came up behind me though I just held the inside line, while he went down under the yellow line to overtake me. Who was in the wrong there, if either of us were? He was a clean racer by the seem of it (hard to tell when he looks like he's in 2 places at once :scared:) just can't remember his name. We had a great drag to the finish.

I would like to nominate Hayabusa_GTRP to the list, We were having a really good race on suzuka 650, and every time we got away from the pack, the host ended the race. 3 times in row! =(

I would like to nominate Hayabusa_GTRP to the list, We were having a really good race on suzuka 650, and every time we got away from the pack, the host ended the race. 3 times in row! =(

i was in that race, well annoying. i was first

Id recommend Hacker59.
During some very irritating races i was in my F430 racing virtually 10 elises around HSR during which the host must have left 5 times in a row, this guy was in a battle with me virtually every race. Unfortunetely, we were usually 4-5th due to rammers.

i was in that race, well annoying. i was first

It happened to me 3 times in a row at suzuka, i have raced there most of today in my blue evo x and am sick of the host ending the game and getting rammed by 🤬 drivers in elise's.:dunce: There is only one thing for it! im bringing my elise out to play.

It happened to me 3 times in a row at suzuka, i have raced there most of today in my blue evo x and am sick of the host ending the game and getting rammed by 🤬 drivers in elise's.:dunce: There is only one thing for it! im bringing my elise out to play.

yeh i know what you mean, i play mostly on HSR now because the Suzuka boys really want to come first, and if they dont they quit.

I wasn't going to bother with either list, but if I'm going to bitch about the bad drivers, I'll give credit where it's due. pma19201 drove fast and clean on HSR reverse, we had a couple of good battles before the host quit, he used a Skyline in one race and an Evo in the second.

@Tired Tyres, amar212, hornet_burnout:

Thanks I get you now. 👍

Last night on Suzuka, I shepherded so poor guy in an F40 into the sand trap before the bridge. Thinking of the spirit of these rules of conduct, I stopped and let him regain his place. We had some good battles after that, which were exciting because I think he knew I was not going to knock him off intentionally, and I kind of felt the same.

GT5:P would be a different game if the rules of conduct were followed. 👍

Marty412 and Obliv1an, but in Orange Focus's and TARAIN in a white Integer.

All good clean racers.

Edit to add another clean racer.

Burnout_PT in a green Elise. Good racer.

A Couple more clean fast racers.

Fer93 in a red Mini Cooper S and Balfour in a Cappuchino Tuned. He's wracked up three straight wins against me!

A Couple more clean fast racers.

Fer93 in a red Mini Cooper S

I didn't like him that much, he seamed to have something against holding a line and sticking to it. Blocked me several times and out braked himself (into my rear) a couple times. Not unfair or dirty, but not "white list material", for me at least... maybe he had something against Lotus Elise drivers :)

Hmm. I had issues with him a few days ago but he's been fair with me today. Perhaps it is an Elise issue. There's a whole thread about that! It is a shame for the good Elise drivers though.

Just had a great race with Mike_GTRP, very clean, very close (few car lengths for 2 1/2 laps until I made a mistake trying too hard to catch up. definitely a white list candidate!

I didn't like him that much, he seamed to have something against holding a line and sticking to it. Blocked me several times and out braked himself (into my rear) a couple times. Not unfair or dirty, but not "white list material", for me at least... maybe he had something against Lotus Elise drivers :)

mate,seems to me you guys where actually having a real race!!!:):):)
blocking/outbraking/not unfair(=fair......:sly:)....
spyrrari.

mate,seems to me you guys where actually having a real race!!!:):):)
blocking/outbraking/not unfair(=fair......:sly:)....
spyrrari.

I didn't say he was dirty, he didn't deliberately try to throw me off.

But he outbraked himself and used my rear to soften it up. Also closed the door in some corners, or went in to fast and ran wide against me... you can't call that whitelisting stuff, according to the rules.

You are supposed to avoid contact by all means, not to promote it, or even allow it.

Hi

Yesterday have play 4 times in Fugi only against a guy.. nick is S13S14S15, is a gentleman - For me is a Recommended Drivers top +++.

Regards

Can't blaim someone for driver errors, everyone's human.

Can't blaim someone for driver errors, everyone's human.

Guys, come on... if you accept people going against another just because one is driving a Lotus, I think that is accepting "automotive racism" :)

Besides, it was a 500pp race. A single standard 96 driving clean. Not a 650pp race with 10/12 Tuned morons.

The rules posted earlier specifically stated "AVOID CONTACT", and not being in the white list does not mean someone is a bad driver. There is life between white and black lists...

I have to agree with hornet_burnout.

A good clean driver doesn't ram anyone, even for payback, otherwise he's being exactly what he hates - a basher.
Also, it's just plain stupid to take someone out just because he's driving a car "very similar to the one that bashed me yesterday".

Concerning white lists/black lists and who adds the names - I kinda thought PD's "matchmaking" was suppost to be doing something that. If not, why not? I mean let the software track the infactions, the penalties, whatever it can and then simply filter the beginners, the bashers, the "experienced" for the next race. perhaps PD could allow us to set a slider of tolerence - like only white knights, only graysleds, anyone for the times your up for a Motorstorm-type race.

I mean, lists are fine, but probably to high a maintainance thing - that's apparent with the debates ongoing just over the "rules". I haven't read every post in this thread yet, maybe someone has said something like this idea already, but its just I'm concerned my handle will show up one day on the black list because I've not practiced a track, or made too many rookie mistakes, or just am having a bad day and get branded for life. Personally I try very hard to keep to the racing line, yeild when appropriate and even wait, etc, I try to have good clean, fun race everytime. And I have had a lot of great fun races and have stayed up way too late many a times because I don't want to lose that mix at the moment but eventually the program changes things.

I'm rambling, I'll stop and just say lists are nice but will just wind up being a cliqic or club or just another way to get even. Squareloop

The list is mostly based on common sense, and a bit of faith in people.

Faith that someone's name doesn't get thrown in there if he's still learning (while trying to be clean), and faith that people are able to distinguish between a basher or overall dirty driver and someone that made a mistake or two due to inexperience/something else.

Common sense because a White List such as this one should (IMHO) gather good-clean drivers, that not only are good, but also know how to compete in a healthy way with respect to others, instead of simply putting down the names of all drivers you've seen that, as far as you could tell, didn't bash anyone during the short while you were looking at them.

I believe it's helpful to some extent, plus if drives GTP members (at least and hopefully) to be better drivers inline. 👍

I'm ok with the pure idea of a "list" and the "commom sense" position - it works if everyone has input and someone is checking. Who wants the job?

But what about my suggestion about PD being the cop? Why can't the program be the organizer, the mediator? We trust them to build the environment, to provide a "real" racing world - why not leave the reponsiblity with them to rank and position drivers for our competitions (if and when we want it)?

Private rooms will be the answer but will racer "expert" let me race? Won't we lose community? Just wondering

There are certainly alot of issues with regards to the usefulness and especially the fairness of both the White List and the Black List. Fortunately, there will shortly be a more rigorous method of verification used here at GTP, and hopefully it will be posted up and put into action shortly.

As such, this list is now defunct. I'll leave the thread up so people can refer to the Code of Conduct, until that too is either replaced or updated in order to bring it in line with a cross-board set of OLR rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back