Engines:
4.7L V8
Power: 385 hp
Torque: 312 lb-ft.
Weight: 953 kg
Transmission: 4-speed manual
Drivetrain: Mid engine, rear wheel drive
Body Styles: 2-door coupe
Additional Info: "From what I've heard, this was the result of Ford getting mad at Ferrari for not partnering with them. So, they asked Lola for help in making a racecar to beat Ferrari at LeMans in order to annoy Enzo Ferrari himself."​
GT40_at_Goodwood.jpg

1965_Ford_GT40MarkI-1-1536.jpg

1966FordGT40_1200.jpg

6595639267_a64daf88cf_z.jpg

Fridge-Zero
EDIT: Managed to cause unnecessary drama due to my poor-ish execution and bad sense of humour, As well as past-me being a moron, SU.

Last edited:
Fun fact:

The Ford GT40's overall design and performance inspired Ferruccio Lamborghini to create the Miura.
Welp, don't need any better reason to get it into Miura's house. it freaking MADE the Mirua.
EDIT: Did it, past me.

Last edited:
Fun fact:

The Ford GT40's overall design and performance inspired Ferruccio Lamborghini to create the Miura.

I reviewed the car, so i kind of know some parts of its history.

Didn't really need much to make my vote for this car, but that seals the deal. I love the Miura, and that's all you really need to know.

Oh, and it's a Le Mans legend AND the product of Henry Ford being crossed about Enzo Ferrari not giving Henry what he wanted. And a certain ex-chicken farmer tuned these into Le Mans perfection. (IIRC, his name was Carroll) Should I say more?

Well, racecars can't go higher than cool. But as we all know the GT40 is a pinnacle, the picture in the dictionary next to superlative, an ideal that can never be reached by mere mortals (yes I have trouble believing in god but the GT40 inspires feelings that can only be described as spiritual.) SZ

Tbh its not exactly cool, legendary yes but the reason for this is because there is soo many kit cars out there even if you saw a real one you wouldn't think it's one.

I still voted subzero just by what it done to the auto industry..

A car built out of pure spite, inspired by a seething hatred for Enzo Ferrari.

Developed with Lola, it was a dismal failure on the race track... Until Carroll Shelby, that loud American, came along. Then it won. And won. And won...

Subzero. The GT40 isn't just a good racecar. It's a great story. Not something many corporate-built cars nowadays can claim.

Any GT-40 would get a sub-zero. Built to spite Enzo Ferrari in collaboration with Lola, perfected by Carrol Shelby himself, the GT40 is probably one of the best stories in the history of motorsports. And the Mk. I is the best of the lot - its elegant, simple lines inspired countless cars, and the rumble of its V8 is just a treat for any gearhead such as me.

Oh, and... I think Steve McQueen owned one. Didn't he?

Back