GTP Cool Wall: 1965-1966 Ford GT40 Mk.1

1965-1966 Ford GT40 Mk.1

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The Muira had 90+ votes with 80+ sub zero. This Ferd is just at 48 votes. Give it time. This can go to the garage.

A simple change in livery can make all the difference between this being the subbest of zeroes and seriously uncool. In a plain colour like the one in the OP, however, it immediately becomes clear that at the end of the day what you are looking at is nothing more than a very fast Ford.

It's a Ford.

A Ford.
A Ford that pissed off Enzo Ferrari and made the Miura, nothing else, than a Ford, yep, nothing else.
Hooray for Guilt Tripping! :lol:
This was at a time Ford was dominating the performance world in everything there was to dominate.

You see, the problem is, some other people can vote Cool instead of SZ.
Now, You see, this is why [insert some feature for convinience here]
EDIT: Aaaaaand a certain someone voted uncool
🤬-
*static*

Hooray for Guilt Tripping!
Your attitude about other votes than what you voted... Solid seriously uncool. Just so you know, not everyone is voting based on the same criteria as you do.

Last edited:
GT40. Automatic sub zero.
*notices four more Cool votes since last visit*
YA BLOODY FREAKING... IT LITERALLY MADE THE MIURA'S EXISTENCE!
WE'RE GONNA NEED VIVA LE REVOLUTION! AND DISABLING THE "COOL" VOTE! :lol:
Speaking of the Miura, let's see if the GT40 can join it in Steve McQueen's Garage. If it doesn't, it's sure to at least get to the Ice Box.

*notices four more Cool votes since last visit*
YA BLOODY FREAKING... IT LITERALLY MADE THE MIURA'S EXISTENCE!
WE'RE GONNA NEED VIVA LE REVOLUTION! AND DISABLING THE "COOL" VOTE! :lol:

I was one of those 4, and this is why:

The doors are idiotic.

A GT40 replica turned up in the road I lived in about 12 years ago, so I naturally went to have a look. The owner kindly allowed me to sit in it, and we had a brief conversation about the car. During this I discovered that the only way to get in and out is to open the door as wide as it will go, so you can get around the section of roof attached to the door. If anything parks within a metre of the side of the car, you can't get in - and even if you have the space, you still have to stand on the seat to get in or out. It's like the doors were specifically designed to make the occupents look like utter pillocks. So yes, it's a fantastic looking and sounding car with immense history and presence, but you'll look like a complete berk trying to get in or out.

Not to mention the feeling of fear on the behalf of new passengers that the roof edge of the door is going to slam into the side of your head.

Your attitude about other votes than what you voted... Solid seriously uncool. Just so you know, not everyone is voting based on the same criteria as you do.

Agreed, and it's this kind of endless whining that really ruins cool cars. Just let the car speak for itself.

Roo
Not to mention the feeling of fear on the behalf of new passengers that the roof edge of the door is going to slam into the side of your head.

Excellent point, and as much of a presence and story as the car has, you'll look clumsy getting out of it, and just wait until you tell that pretty girl to watch her head and duck lest it be cut off by the top of the door when it closes.

Roo
I was one of those 4, and this is why:

The doors are idiotic.

A GT40 replica turned up in the road I lived in about 12 years ago, so I naturally went to have a look. The owner kindly allowed me to sit in it, and we had a brief conversation about the car. During this I discovered that the only way to get in and out is to open the door as wide as it will go, so you can get around the section of roof attached to the door. If anything parks within a metre of the side of the car, you can't get in - and even if you have the space, you still have to stand on the seat to get in or out. It's like the doors were specifically designed to make the occupents look like utter pillocks. So yes, it's a fantastic looking and sounding car with immense history and presence, but you'll look like a complete berk trying to get in or out.

That's due to part of the design though. I don't see how that should effect the cool factor.

I thought it was british.
Both. The fact that Ford of Detroit had to ask the Brits for help to resolve their grudge only adds to the uncool factor.

If I had factored in the americans who fawn over this half-american symbol of american swagger despite having zero interest in the category of racing in which it competed, my vote would be uncool or SU.

Back