Jahgee1124
1965-1969 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint 1600 GTA nominated by @Azure Flare
640px-Alfa_GTA.JPG

Body: 2-door Coupe
Engine: 1.6L I4
Transmission: 5-speed Manual
Drivetrain: Front Engine, Rear Wheel Drive
Power: 170 HP

It's a classic Italian FR sports car which was a great racecar as well. Plus it's a Quadrifoglio Alfa Romeo! :bowdown: Sub-zero!

If we're talking about the road-going model, there's a solid 55bhp too much in the OP.

Not that it really matters to me. This thing is a solid SZ regardless of power output.

I spent the past couple of days daydreaming about living in the south of France. This car fits into those dreams ideally; Sub-Zero.

I think I'm going to have to go with a solid cool. As nice as this car is, there's just something about it not hitting high enough...

Handsome little Alfa, and the quadrifoglio emblem gives drivers perpetual good luck![citation needed]

Sub Zero.

Last edited:
Oh look, first person to not vote cool.

This is one of those cars that I just don't see the appeal of. I think it is very ugly. Look how boring those wheels are. It's like the designers realized they hadn't drawn any wheels yet and decided to give it the most boring 60's wheels possible.

I admit the power output is mildly impressive for an engine of that size and age, but it's still not that great.

In short, I would would rather have any 60's Ferrari, Porsche, Mercedes, BMW, Lamborghini, Mustang, Corvette, or even a Jag E-Type instead of this Alfa.

Nice car, but I don't see why it's cool. Meh.

Oh look, first person to not vote cool.

This is one of those cars that I just don't see the appeal of. I think it is very ugly. Look how boring those wheels are. It's like the designers realized they hadn't drawn any wheels yet and decided to give it the most boring 60's wheels possible.

I admit the power output is mildly impressive for an engine of that size and age, but it's still not that great.

In short, I would would rather have any 60's Ferrari, Porsche, Mercedes, BMW, Lamborghini, Mustang, Corvette, or even a Jag E-Type instead of this Alfa.

Nice car, but I don't see why it's cool. Meh.

Stop thinking in today's terms.

Why would you get a ferrari when you can get a veyron.
The veyron is faster and more powerful.

This car was made in the 60's
So it will have basic 60s steel wheels.
And for the 60s, it made a hell of a lot of power with the engine.

And it was way cheaper and more useful than a ferrari.

Easy sub-zero. Beautiful, great to drive, classy, cool.

Edit: Incidentally, on the wheels - they're made of magnesium alloy. Their primary purpose is low weight, rather than bling.

I remember I was at Brands Hatch a few years back during a track day. There was the usual crop of cars: Radicals, Caterhams, Lotus Elises etc. Then there was one guy driving one of these. It was fully race prepped version; lowered, de-chromed and with a roll cage. Not only was it the most beautiful car on track (and aside from ex-Prodrive Ferrari 550 GT car, the best sounding too) but he was also giving most of the more modern machinery a very hard time. He was undoubtedy the coolest mutha flipper out there.

The standard version is just as cool, undoubtedly amongst my dream garage choies. Sub Zero.

Anyone voting less than sub-zero gets a one day ban. Because that's just slightly less stupid than voting uncool.

-

One, two, three...

Okay... you're all off with warnings. I'm too lazy to ban that many people.

-

Sub-zero. I don't care how fast or slow it is. I don't care that they couldn't get the hood to fit right into the design, and I don't care that the expensive magnesium alloys look exactly like dime-store steelies. It's simply sub-zero. This is one of those cars that the owners of other classics and exotics congregate over at car shows. The guys who are there to see the new Ferraris and Lamborghinis don't get it, but the cool cats do.

Is it over-rated and over-hyped? Most likely. Still SZ, either way.

Beautiful little car.

An ALfaholics GTA is an instant lottery win purchase.

Back