Engines:
2.0L I6 (S20)
Power: 160 hp
Torque: 130 lb-ft.
Weight: 1145 kg
Transmission: 5-speed manual
Drivetrain: Front engine, rear wheel drive
Body Styles: 2-door coupe
Additional Info: "The successor of the fabled "Hakosuka" GT-R. The "Kenmeri" was expected to carry on the GT-R name but the car was a victim of the ongoing oil crisis that started when production began. Only 197 examples were built before Nissan halted production and the GT-R badge disappeared for 16 years before returning on the R32 Skyline in 1989."​
1024px-Japanese_NISSAN_Skyline_C110.jpg

Skyline_GT-R_(KPGC110)_rear.jpg

NISSAN_SKYLINE_KPGC110_-_1973.jpg

1973-Nissan-Skyline-2000GT-R_KPGC110.JPG

A bit too museum worthy of a Skyline, but still a pretty cool car. Looks cool and no one would know what it is.

Ken and Mari! Sorry, had to say that line.

Anyway, this is the last great classic Skyline, the last member of its familiy. It wasn't discontinued because it was a bad car, it was just released at a bad time. And while it might have the same aura of the Hakosuka, it's still a great car in its own right. Also, Paul Newman connections, so there. It's a cool Skyline, back in the days where the car's nickname wasn't its chassis code. And it will turn heads because of its rarity.

Pretty cool car, and the typical styling I love so much; long hood, short deck with a fastback roofline. You find me a car in this style and I find it hard not to like it.

I'd say it would almost squeek to sub zero but the hood mirrors look stupid. Never was a fan.

This actually had several significant improvements to the lighter, theoretically faster 1969 car.

The fact that even the patron saint of Skylines (and, really, the only reason this is a widely known entity) didn't divulge why the car is so great and why the truncated production is such a shame makes it pretty uncool indeed. Having to buy books to get any decent information about the things people say are so great isn't cool.

The moment when the S20 was finally paired with a ballsy yet stylish design to match the sound.

Meagre production run brings it down to cool.

Sub-zero, it's a legend of a car and while yes; Skyline & GT-R fanboys are annoying, I don't see that many associate themselves with the older Skylines. They usually stick around the R34s & R35s for the most part.

If everyone knew it from some sort of Japanese media, I don't know if i should think of it as a pizza or a calzone.

*BOTH EXTREMELY COOL FOODS MIND YOU

Never really liked the Kenmeri standard, always looked like a pig. It looks even weaker from factory than the Hakosuka, which is a bit uncool. I think white is the best colour for it, gives off that old Japanese vibe. Even though I'd go crazy over it in real life, it's not incredibly cool, more just a normal cool.

Escapes the fanboys, because most people don't know the connection between these and the GT-Rs most of the fanboys seem to care. And without that, it's simply a good looking classic Japanese coupe. Cool.

Uncool because it's absolutely hideous compared to the one that came before it.

Unremarkable looking.
To the man in the street, this is just some boring old car. You might get "Japanese" added, depending on how old they are and, if really pushed, you could get either Toyota or Datsun out of them.

Styling is reminiscent of one of my 1st cars, a Datsun 160J SSS.

Therefore low cool :D

Meh for the car, but the JDM crowd brings it down to uncool. As do the hood mirrors and fender flares.

The practicality of hooning around in a museum piece and the associations with the "UHJDMBRO" crowd nonwithstanding... It's a Japanese classic powered by the venerable S20 twinkie and with a style that just works in my mind.

Therefore, I've decided to put it in the sub-zero range, although it probably doesn't deserve it.

Latest Posts

Back