Power: 720 hp
Torque: 660 lb-ft
Weight: 1451 kg
Transmission: 5-speed manual
Drivetrain: Mid-engine, rear wheel drive​
1995-ford-gt90-concept-4.jpg
8589130581524-ford-gt90-wallpaper-hd.jpg

Last edited:
A concept that most people can remember, and surprisingly alot of elements went into the Ford GT(namely the front and interior).

since it did end up having a purpose serving the Ford GT ill give it a low cool.

Take a Jaguar XJ220, subtract Ford Europe, add Ford USA.

Memorable for persistently being in so many video games, remarkable for its interesting looks, but absolutely awful. And a concept car.

Seriously Uncool

Last edited:
I had never even heard of it until I played ToCA Race Driver 2. Looks ugly as sin as well.

Uncool.

You know, if Ford had actually put these into even limited production they'd be uber-cool. It's such an out there design it manages to still look startling and modern 20 years later, which is quite an achievement. And it's a Ford. No badge posery here, just a completely bonkers car.

But it's not real. Having never seen any proof of any of the claims Ford have made about this car, all it serves as is an embarrassing reminder to 90s kids to not believe everything you read.

Just imagine blasting around at its limit (30mph?), provided that you're allowed to touch it in the first place.

That's the Galpin Ford GTR1.

This is '95 GT90
View attachment 475417

Ugh. I tried deleting that along with a photo showing a scale model GT90 on asphalt after I'd realised, but my phone browser makes post management a nightmare. Not to mention that every other result I could find consisted of different images showing a similar scale model's interior.

Last edited:
This was my favourite toy car as a kid, it's still pretty cool in the 90s sci-Fi B-movie way.

Sub Zero, because it gave us the first look at the wonderful New Edge styling that brought forth a flurry of really good Ford products, such as Focus ST/RS, Fiesta ST, Sport/StreetKa, Puma..

Sub-Zero. The space-age look, trippy interior, massive engine engine fitted with 4 turbos... everything you could possibly want in a concept car.

Except the chance to ever actually drive it.

Pretty sure the majority of people that voted the likes of the Miura cool will never, and have never, had the chance to drive one. Accessibility shouldn't have much of a baring on cool, or £250 crapboxes on eBay would be cool.

Pretty sure the majority of people that voted the likes of the Miura cool will never, and have never, had the chance to drive one.

But hypothetically, with enough money and/or by knowing the right people, they could drive a Miura to work.

The GT90, though... you could have all the money in the world and be best mates with the Ford board, and you'd almost certainly still not be able to drive it, and definately not on the road. A car you could, even though the chance is tiny, drive to the pub in can be cool. A car in which you definately can't drive anywhere meaningful is never cool.

Roo
But hypothetically, with enough money and/or by knowing the right people, they could drive a Miura to work.

The GT90, though... you could have all the money in the world and be best mates with the Ford board, and you'd almost certainly still not be able to drive it, and definately not on the road. A car you could, even though the chance is tiny, drive to the pub in can be cool. A car in which you definately can't drive anywhere meaningful is never cool.

I know the theory, but since SUBCC and SUBRC are 99% overriding factors for some people, I can only assume then that accessibility is the most important factor in determining cool for these people. Possibility of driving seems like a moot point given that most people on GTP do not get the chance to drive the Miura, it seems crazy to let off rare historic supercars based on a statistically insignificant possibility. My car is far more accessible than a Miura, it also got me places that were pretty meaningful for me, that I doubt the Miura would have handled as well - but I don't think many would vote SZ on a 120d.

I know it's a fruitless discussion.

Back