GTP Cool Wall: 2006-2014 Mitsuoka Orochi

• Thread starter Jahgee
  • 84 comments

2006-2014 Mitsuoka Orochi

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I get the "NSX except insane looking" concept, but I don't think the newer, slightly larger Camry engine Lotus used with 40 more horsepower would have done any harm for the car that already falls out of all known Japanese tax relief brackets.
True, though I suspect the Evora's chassis is probably slightly better at handling it than the Orochi's is. Given Mitsuoka has slapped an auto transmission on it I get the impression performance wasn't really their main concern.

Easily one of the ugliest cars I've seen. Right down there with the Citroen DS and the Youabian.

The specs and performance of any car that ugly will never save it from Seriously Uncool.

Underpowered. Ugly. Oh, did I mention it's ugly? Ugly can't describe how bad this looks.

The perfect way to sum it up:
mickey-zumbi.png

Send this thing to hell. Now.

It's a bit too curvy and little hideous. But I don't hate it. Still uncool, though.

I think it's superb. Somehow it looks like a mutant space fish insect whilst still looking really neat. I would vote it SZ if it had more power (say 300 or so) but as things stand, it's a high Cool. If I had the money and time to collect cars, I would get one of these in a flash. Also there is one of those Mk 2 Jag knockoffs near me and it looks OK. It's so clearly not a direct replica (a bit like those little Subaru-based VW bus things) and is really neat in its own right.

I first learned about this car on the little RC track they had on Auto Modelista. Which makes it SZ for the memories. :lol:

Also I don't actually think it looks that bad.

I think it's great that the designer made an effort, unlike many many cars it looks styled rather than had a look pasted on.

But it's so ugly, very uncool.

The opinion of a website writer is just as good as mine or yours, who cares? The only way to reach any type of conclusion on the world's most beautiful car is by majority vote, in which case I'm sure the winner will be either the Ferrari 250 or the Mercedes 300SL.
If you actually read the article, you'd see that the DS was given that award by a panel of 20 top designers including Giorgetto Giugiaro, Leonardo Fioravanti, Marcello Gandini, Gordon Murray, Ian Callum, and many other great names. These experts voted and the car that took the majority vote was the DS. Happy now?

Last edited:
If you actually read the article, you'd see that the DS was given that award by a panel of 20 top designers including Giorgetto Giugiaro, Leonardo Fioravanti, Marcello Gandini, Gordon Murray, Ian Callum, and many other great names. These experts voted and the car that took the majority vote was the DS. Happy now?
To be fair, most of the guys you listed as the greats I think almost everything they did was horrendous :lol:

To be fair, most of the guys you listed as the greats I think almost everything they did was horrendous :lol:
Really? It's a matter of taste of course, but still: Guigaro-Maserati Ghibli, Fiavoranti-Ferrari F40, Gandini-Miura, Murray-McLaren F1, Callum-Jaguar F-Type.

Really? It's a matter of taste of course, but still: Guigaro-Maserati Ghibli, Fiavoranti-Ferrari F40, Gandini-Miura, Murray-McLaren F1, Callum-Jaguar F-Type.
The F40 and the F1 are the only two of the bunch I care for; but that's only a few out the tons that all those guys surely did.

I don't see what's so attractive about the Citroën DS. It's a droopy phallic design with sometimes-oversized headlights and a pinched butt.
I feel the same way honestly.

European, European, European, European. No Japanese or American names that I recognized. Also wasn't a majority vote in the common sense of the term, as it consisted of a 20-member jury. Also the Ferrari 250 was divided up into sub-models, but the Citroen DS (or rather, "BS") was not.

The F40 and the F1 are the only two of the bunch I care for; but that's only a few out the tons that all those guys surely did.
That's reasonable. Guigaro did a lot of more plebian cars, many of which are quite unusual. He's quite the artist. Fiavoranti's done some of the best looking Ferraris, and Gandini tended to do crazy things like the Countach and many other wedge shaped 70's supercars. Murray's a bit eccentric, but I'd argue that even something like the T25 has pretty good aesthetics for such an odd car. And Callum is probably the odd one out in that many of his designs look a bit ordinary (Jag XF), if attractive.

European, European, European, European. No Japanese or American names that I recognized. Also wasn't a majority vote in the common sense of the term, as it consisted of a 20-member jury. Also the Ferrari 250 was divided up into sub-models, but the Citroen DS (or rather, "BS") was not.
Again, you clearly didn't read the article. I'm not going to list all the names for you, but there is actually a list of all 20 if you were to, I don't know, just read the article? Is it so hard?

Also, Europe is not a country. It is a continent, and as such has many different nations within it. Each has its own culture; not all of Europe is the same and people from Europe do not identify themselves as European first and [British, French, German, Italian, etc.] second.

And finally, the reason the 250 was divided up into sub models was because they had different body styles. You're not about to tell me that the 250 Lusso looks exactly the same as the 250 GTO are you?

Last edited:
If there was a choice between this and the Devel, I would choose the Mitsuoka. Because it's functional and I could drive it to a junkyard.

Sooooooo....

Uncool

Back