GTP Cool Wall: Results (read OP)

Discussion in 'Cars in General' started by Wiegert, Jan 6, 2008.

1. Wiegert

Wiegert Premium

The members of GTP have voted and spoken. If you wish to see the thread that the discussion took place in, the list has links to the appropriate thread.

Cool Wall Nominations will be ignored if posted here. Wait a week and then try this thread instead.

The Placement Formula: Sub Zero is worth 2, Cool is worth 1, Uncool is -1, and Seriously Uncool is -2. Meh votes carry no swing weight, but they are included in the total votes. Add it all together, then divide by the total votes, and that results in a number between 2 and -2. Now, The Cool Wall also changed under new management, and now has 7 sections, as seen below. These sections correlate to that resulting number. They are, in order: 2.00 to 1.56 (Ice Box), 1.55 to 1.00 (Sub Zero), 0.99 to 0.11 (Cool), 0.10 to -0.10 (Vanilla), -0.11 to -0.99 (Uncool), -1.00 to -1.55 (Seriously Uncool), -1.56 to -2.00 (Hell).

Up For Polling:
    • xxx
    THE COOL WALL:
    SUB-ZERO
    COOL
    VANILLA
    UNCOOL
    SERIOUSLY UNCOOL

Original Message from @BKGlover:
    I want to personally thank @TheBook, @Tornado, and @Joey D for running the show and helping me out to get this ready, @Famine for changing it over, he and @daan for giving another perspective on the matter, @boiltheocean for starting the wall, and last but not least, @niky for giving me a starting point. Thank you all, and here's hoping I can make this even better.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  2. ND4SPD

ND4SPD Premium

Heh kinda cool to know that an actual photo of my car is on the wall. Although, it's not the best picture of it. I could provide a better picture if need be.

3. CarBastard

CarBastard

It's a bit disorganized, but very good job Toronado, very appreciated :tup:.

4. Giancarlo

Giancarlo Premium

There are two F40s. There are also 3 Gullwings, is that on purpose? :lol:

5. Tornado

Tornado

Is it fixed now?

6. the_fatadder

the_fatadder

looks like its fixed to me!

7. CarBastard

CarBastard

Like a charm, thanks a lot dude :tup:.

8. Giancarlo

Giancarlo Premium

Everything looks fine but the XJ220 missing a link. Good work!

9. Tornado

Tornado

Okay, fixed. If anyone else finds any bugs, please bring them forward so I can fix them. Thanks.

10. Tornado

Tornado

I'm thinking about only doing two cars this week due to Thanksgiving, or at the very least delaying the third poll so it goes up on Friday or Saturday. Opinions?

11. Jetboy.

Jetboy.

Sounds good here. :tup:

Cheers.
    Jetboy

12. SVX

SVX Premium

For my 9ff, I think it's 2008+.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2011
  13. Irons

Irons (Banned)

Just looked at the DB9 discussion, so close to Sub Zero!!!

(Not complaining just exclaiming.)

14. Azure Flare

Azure Flare (Banned)

If I buy a Genesis coupe, will that make it uncool? not complaining, just asking.

15. TaurusSHO

TaurusSHO

Are you going to update the results wall its so outdated?

16. GTjazzabrandy

GTjazzabrandy (Banned)

Tornado Left GTP.

17. TaurusSHO

TaurusSHO

I know but is his replacement going to fix it.

18. Irons

Irons (Banned)

I think his replacement is going to have to start a new thread...

Unless you're a moderator, you can't edit anyone elses' posts except your own

19. TaurusSHO

TaurusSHO

I see

20. buickgnx88

buickgnx88 Premium

Uh the Ford Ranger XLT didn't have the most votes for sub-zero. It has the most votes for meh, which means you now have to figure out a way to sort the vehicles with a larger meh percentage. Don't just default to the next highest voted result since that wouldn't be fair.

21. astrosdude91

astrosdude91

No I think Sub Zero is perfect for the Ranger! :p

22. buickgnx88

buickgnx88 Premium

Haha of course you would think that! :D

23. astrosdude91

astrosdude91

I change my mind on the Ranger. Put it in the ice box!:D

Last edited: Jun 14, 2010
  24. Vince_Fiero

Vince_Fiero Premium

This discussion made me look at my Fiero and:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=124612&highlight=Fiero

Sub-Zero 18.31%
    Cool 39.44%
    Uncool 26.76%
    Seriously Uncool 15.49%

57% better then uncool

Yet in the list here they put it in uncool = worst then 57% voted and not on the highest score??????

I file a pursuit for Fiero-discrimination to the responsible of this thread!! The result was Cool or you have to explain what you base Uncool on??

25. buickgnx88

buickgnx88 Premium

Nice find Vince, I call shenanigans!

26. TheBook

TheBook Premium

When I first came up with the concept of the "meh" vote, I explained that it would be an unofficial classification. Hence, no "meh" category on the wall.

However, if you have a suggestion on making it better, I'm willing to listen.

However, it should currently be in the "cool" section. Same with the Fiero; nice catches, both of you. :tup:

27. buickgnx88

buickgnx88 Premium

Well then I think the meh should go since it isn't counted. I know people can be on the fence about a vehicle, but they should then either not vote or vote for the closest answer.

28. Irons

Irons (Banned)

From what I can see, the AC/Shelby Cobra is as of now, the coolest car in the world. There are absolutely no votes for Uncool or Seriously Uncool, whereas the 300SL has one vote for Uncool.

Just noticed that actually...

And about the "Meh" option, I believe the main purpose was for it to give people a chance to voice their opinion, even when they didn't have an opinion. It may be just me, but people sometimes feel the need to give their two cents in on certain topics, especially polls. But, in the event that people don't have an actual opinion on something (In this case, a particular car,) but still want to give their opinion, that's where the "Meh" option comes in. It's mainly so people don't have to sound stupid having to modify their opinion toward one of the two extremes. Something in their head bugs them that there's a poll up there that is open to an answer but they don't have an answer for it.

Then again that's probably just me...

I say keep the "Meh" option, but strongly reinforce that it doesn't count toward determining the coolness of the car. People who vote "Meh" more than likely don't care about the car, and their vote won't inhibit the result of coolness for the people that do care for the car. I think it's rather fair.

29. niky

niky Moderator

"Meh" just wastes space.

A Cool car should never make anyone go "meh"... so if someone says a car is "meh", what they really mean is that it's so uncool that they can't be bothered to even think about it.

30. Vince_Fiero

Vince_Fiero Premium

I tend to disagree:

That the meh does not count did not bother me when I voted it.
    Meh is a thing to avoid, but sometimes you are torn between the great concept and the ugly looks or the other way around of a car. A meh vote shows how many people are torn up about variance in the car, without forcing them to choose.