• Poll closed .
United States
Wasilla, AK
2012+ Morgan 3-Wheeler nominated by Jet Badger

3w1.jpg

Stats:
Production: 2012+
Style: 0-door roadster
Engine: 121 ci/1,983 cc naturally aspirated OHV V2 (rated 80 HP & 100 lb-ft)
Transmission: 5-speed manual with torque damper
Layout: Front-engine, Rear-drive​

My take? Starts at sub-zero because... well, look at it, it's nuts. Also, I saw it on Top Gear and it looked like a heck of a lot of fun when The Stig did his lap in it (looked like it was going a lot faster than it apparently was, as well). Loses cool points for not having the originally intended Harley-Davidson engine, and I don't know what a torque damper is but I'm guessing it would soften throttle response to some degree - and I don't know what kind of weak gearbox needs special gadgets to survive 80 HP & 100 lb-ft (if it really has a Miata gearbox, doesn't the engine it's normally hooked to have more than that anyway?). Overall, high cool or still low SZ.

I kind of like it because of how ridiculous and mad it is, but at the same time, can you imagine how much of an idiot you would look like driving around in it?

Uncool.

Last edited by a moderator:
You'll look like a cross between a dude who can afford to buy cars as toys and a hipster that seriously thinks he can pull off the 1940's look. Think about how uncool that is.

Seriously uncool. Thank god it doesn't have a Harley engine. Then it would be hilariously slow and have the stupid "BWUMPTHUMPTHUMP" sound of idiocy.

The Harley engine was supposed to have more power than what actually ended up in here (115 for the Harley vs 80 for the S&S that was eventually used).

The Harley engine was supposed to have more power than what actually ended up in here (115 for the Harley vs 80 for the S&S that was eventually used).

And I'm sure glad that they scrapped the Harley.

- There is more to this car than peak power.

- This car doesn't need more power.

- Harley engines sound stupid and idle horribly. I have a special hatred for that idiotic V-twin design that Harley uses.

- Having seen Harley engines develop like 70% of what they're supposed to on dynos, I doubt Harley could have even delivered on the horsepower promise

At least the S&S manages to kill some of the bad habits present in Harley's V-twin design. It's not perfect but it's better.

Last edited:
Uncool because of Richard Hammond and TG.

Sub Zero. This car puts a smile on everyone's face when they see it. You're out in the open and everyone sees you, so you have to be polite. It's a raw motoring experience, with little protection in a little car, with just enough power to have fun, and a completely different feel to anything else you can buy today. I want one.

Starts of at Sub-zero because it's awesome. But it's knocked down to cool because of the silly decals, with the teeth, the eyes and the MOG down the side it feels like it's trying too hard.

But sod it, sub zero.

Uncool. A silly trike for silly people could didn't want a proper trackday car. Plus you'll look like a colossal tool-shed.

SZ from me, bats***-crazy, fun car with heritage (though when you see it next to an original Mog 3-wheeler you realise how different it is, much wider track for starters)

The decals are of course optional, but there was a Superdry-branded special which annoyed the heck out of me, chiefly because the brand annoys me...how on earth did some rainwear brand become cool to some people and make them willing to pay at least twice what their products are worth? And want other stuff with the logo plastered all over it? Anyway, I digress :)

Starts of at Sub-zero because it's awesome. But it's knocked down to cool because of the silly decals, with the teeth, the eyes and the MOG down the side it feels like it's trying too hard.
They're not required fitment you know... That's the press fleet car.

People would scratch their heads and be like "what the 🤬 is that idiot driving?" as you drive by. For that, it gets an uncool. That said, I still want one.

The thing I'm torn on here is that it's geeky but not as overtly (and offensively) geeky as the Atom, XBow, Mono or Caterfields and while it's assuredly "retro" it's also not even slightly retro by virtue of being the same car - it's visually identical to a car first built in 1932. Can you imagine any modern manufacturer releasing a car today that looks indistinguishable from a car they made eighty years ago?

Yes, Hammond "picked" it on a track day special TG test (the production team picked it for him - I heard that it was because the first gen BAC Mono prototype wasn't ready in time, which explains the incongruousness of it), but it did result in the best looking Power Lap ever.

It's not powerful nor a flashy show of wealth (it looks a lot cheaper than it is) either.

I have no idea.

Sorry to be pedantic but it's not at all identical to the original car, though I guess in relative terms it is, because it's just such an oddity. If that makes sense. I'm not sure of anything any more.

Sorry to be pedantic but it's not at all identical to the original car, though I guess in relative terms it is, because it's just such an oddity. If that makes sense. I'm not sure of anything any more.
Indeed - it's marginally bigger (for varying values of "marginally"). Without any reference point, even from a few feet away, you wouldn't be able to tell one from the other unless you knew what you were looking for - and most people don't.

I love it, the retro/dieselpunk styling on it is awesome (albeit a little goofy). The average person would probably think it's pretty cool too since it's different and not overly flashy. You would look like an idiot driving one though, so there's that to consider. Overall I think this is one stupid car that can at least be cool.

Sub-zero.

Three reasons:

1) That they built it at all
2) Anyone everyone you pass in the street will stop and stare. Old people will have heart attacks, kids will drop their ice cream
3) You will never see a driver talking on their cellphone in one

Seriously Uncool because of a pretty rare reason for me: despite looking like it'd be a blast to drive around, I feel like I could only drive this thing in the early hours before dawn while wearing a paper bag over my head at all times, and hide this monstrosity away under a tarp, in a shed, with chains and padlocks on the door the rest of the time for fear that someone might connect this thing's existence to me.

It's that uncool.

Still, looks like it'd be fairly fun to drive for the sheer weirdness factor.

Solid cool for me.

Downright ridiculous, I-can't-believe-they-actually-did-it, who the hell would buy this, kind of material. Its also the fact that I don't think I'm cool enough to drive one. I value the properties of relative dryness, a non-broken back, and the only vibrator near me being my phone. I'd love to take one for a spin. Around a track. In early June. On a warm and sunny day. Any other time in Michigan and you're asking for trouble.

Sub Zero.
A teacher at my school had an earlier version of one.. coolest car in the school car park for sure.

There's not much that can be said that hasn't been said in a million reviews elsewhere, but one thing bears repeating:

Baruth (one of the most hateable and loveable writers in the field online at the moment) points out that there is no car that gets more requests for passenger rides or photo ops (especially from the ladies) in New York City, the capital of ("Oh, you have a supercar? Who cares?") anti-car culture. You literally cannot park it anywhere without it being molested by total strangers.

This is a car that is so self-consciously, over-the-top retro-silly that hardly anybody hates it. No matter how stupid it is as a form of transportation.

Sub-zero.

Meh. Gains points for the wow factor but three wheelers are meant for offroad use at least for me.

Though a Harley motor would have bumped it to cool. I love how they sound.

Meh. Gains points for the wow factor but three wheelers are meant for offroad use at least for me.

Though a Harley motor would have bumped it to cool. I love how they sound.
I believe it does have a Harley motor, actually.

Back