United States
Wasilla, AK
2013 Devel Sixteen Concept nominated by White & Nerdy

DSC_0655.jpg

ku-medium.jpg

Stats:
Production: 2013
Style: 2-door coupe
Engine: UNKNOWN - manufacturer claims a V16 of unknown displacement, rated at 5,000 HP & ???? lb-ft, but this is unlikely
Transmission: UNKNOWN
Layout: UNKNOWN, but probably mid-engine, rear-drive​

My take? I'm not usually the kind of person who says "concept=uncool", but in this case I'm going seriously uncool. There is a point where over-the-top goes from cool to SU, and the wild claims (remember this was the car they said topped out at 348 MPH), lacking specifications, and rocket thrusters of this car are well beyond that point. Also, it's apparently not built that well, and my own heap could probably withstand higher speeds.

Really, all we know about the engine and transmission specifications, and performance capabilities, of this car is that it can move under its own power at normal road speeds, maybe. The means to that end still remain a mystery AFAIK.

Seriously Uncool.

Also, the Cool Wall is finally back on schedule now.

Last edited:
Well, there was a video of it moving under its own power, so it has a running engine and drivetrain, thus it does "exist".

No one knows what engine or drivetrain it has, though. An LS engine with quite some horsepower is not out of the realm of possibility, but it could have an I4 or other normal passenger car engine too.

Are you just trying to find a car that will get the lowest possible score at this point?

The car may well have been seen moving under it's own steam but I think you'd know if it was putting out 5,000 bhp.

Im not going to vote but I just want to say this seems like a pretty pointless nomination as the car is an abomination full of hot air .

The Devel Sixteen, a 5000 HP bull**** powered car.

I'm not even going to vote on this one, 🤬 it.

No one knows what engine or drivetrain it has, though. An LS engine with quite some horsepower is not out of the realm of possibility, but it could have an I4 or other normal passenger car engine too.

From the phone clip of it passing by in the main thread, the sound is nothing like that of an I4.

Whatever powerplant that monstrosity really has will do little to change opinions though.

I'm not going to vote but I just want to say this seems like a pretty pointless nomination as the car is an abomination full of hot air.

As if Hell didn't already have enough of it.

Better off voting whether or not that section of the wall should be renamed 'The Devel's Domain' rather than voting where this car should be on said wall. The conclusion seemed foregone long before this thread was created.

Seriously uncool. Looks like Jeremy Clarkson made it using a hammer and nothing else.

Well, let's just say for a second it did have a 5000hp drive-train, and lets just suppose for a second that they'd commission an actual company to build it (rather than an arts & crafts group), so it had decent fit and finish, and had been finessed a little more... would it be cool then?

edit:

PS. V16 in a road car would be cool, even if it only makes a 5th of it's supposed power... and also, I don't think the styling is that bad, in fact, I quite like it.

Also, thinking about it. With a pot of money the size of which many Arabs seem to have... I don't think this car is beyond the realms of possibility. Granted it would be a death trap that wouldn't handle very well. But I think it would be possible to build a car that looks like this, that had a couple of Drag tuned V8's bolted together..... Didn't someone tune a Mosler with a Chevy V8 to about 1800hp?... Two of them.., and bish-bosh-bash... 3600hp from 16 cylinders..... add some 'spray'.... who knows? Maybe it's a job for Edd China!

.. I'm not saying it would work very well, or last very long, or get to 348mph... but y'know... it'd be possible to make.

Last edited:
@MatskiMonk Supposition is never cool. :P

I wouldn't be surprised to see it fade into obscurity in its current form just like a number of other cars claiming to be capable of absurd top speeds in the past. Or that no respectable engineering company would be willing to take the reigns if Devel were to go down that route. But if something did come of it in the end, the resulting car being linked to the original concept certainly wouldn't help make it cool. Though it would take something extraordinary to make it even less cool than the Sixteen.

You know, there is a part of me that wants this car to somehow miraculously be capable of everything they claim it to be. Just because it would be utterly hilarious.

Well I didn't nominate this...but I think I might have suggested it be nominated.

And the seriously uncool factor is why. Leave something that looks like this to the Italians, and leave the statistics to the nearest space station.

Jet thrusters, my arse.

Until I see a video of this thing doing what they say it can supposedly do it's so seriously uncool. If they do prove its performance and top speed without it self destructing then it might just earn an ordinary uncool... It's just so gaudy looking, Yeechh !

95.5% says it all really. I don't see anything ever dethroning this thing as the least cool 'car' ever polled. Until a rival company releases an even more hideous concept with even more ridiculous made-up statistics that is...

Back