• Seriously Uncool

Votes: 12 14.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

boiltheocean

Premium
Samoa
Samoa
The Cars are choosen through this thread.

.:The Polling stage for the Honda Jazz. Ends 15th January 2009:.
honda_jazz_2008_01.jpg

Results can be found on the Results Thread.

Last edited:
Voted cool.

Feel free to create a separate thread for nominations called "GTP Cool Wall: Nominations". I recommend requiring a fixed number of recommendations for a car before an official vote thread is opened. That's usually how things are run in this sub-forum.

+invisible rep to anyone that wants to pshop an actual cool wall image and keep it updated.

M

I don't think a nominations thread will be of much use. The poll for each car is only lasting 3 days so to get another poll for nominations when you can just wait 3 days for a different car is pointless me thinks.
Good Suggestion though
Liking the Pshop'd cool wall idea aswell.

I didn't notice we already had a car to vote for. I also voted cool for my car's little cousin.

I don't think a nominations thread will be of much use. The poll for each car is only lasting 3 days so to get another poll for nominations when you can just wait 3 days for a different car is pointless me thinks.
Good Suggestion though
Liking the Pshop'd cool wall idea aswell.

The idea is so forum users can have a say in which car is considered for the wall. Currently, you will choose the car by random or accept nominations via PM.

If you keep a single thread that contains all nomination suggestions, it will reduce clutter in your inbox, and give you direct feedback on what people want to vote for.

But it's your idea. Run it however you wish. :)

EDIT: My cousin's g/f has a Fit/Jazz. I didn't actually care for the way it drives, though it was not the Sport model. But it is excellent value and will hold a lot of crap.

M

Uncool. In the UK, pretty much exclusively driven by old people who are dangerous on mobility scooters, let alone a car. Quite elegant looking, especially in sport trim, and decent-ish to drive. I drove my 90-year-old grandmother's.

EDIT: My cousin's g/f has a Fit/Jazz. I didn't actually care for the way it drives, though it was not the Sport model. But it is excellent value and will hold a lot of crap.
No, that’s not what The Cool Wall’s about!!!! No no no no no no no. No.

I seem to recall the Fit/Jazz being the favorite of Top Gear mums.

I love the idea 👍

invisible rep.

any chance it could be a public poll in future?

No, that’s not what The Cool Wall’s about!!!! No no no no no no no. No.

C'mon Sage. It's cheap. It looks good. It swallows lots of stuff. It's put together well --surprisingly well considering what it costs. It's a good all around product.

I don't even like the way it drives and I think it's cool.

What's wrong with it?

M

I know you’ve watched TG, and you should know not to bring up any of those points (especially “swallows lots of stuff” and “value”). ;) Giles has the idea.

I’m not even saying the Fit is cool or uncool – I’m just saying pointing out what Clarkson painstakingly points out, that good car does not necessarily equal cool car.

No, all Clarkson ever points out is that Mercedes = good car AND cool car.

Honda Jazz is cool. Honda Fit/Jazz ROAD SAILING is sub zero.

Yeah, I watch TG. With some regularity too.

Personally, I think taking Clarkson's pronouncements on what is cool and uncool with any degree of seriousness is in itself, uncool.

"Hey man, do you think this is cool?"
"Well, Top Gear thinks it's cool. It must be cool."

INDEPENDENT THINKING FAIL.

Now, don't get me wrong because I do like the show. Even my wife likes it and we sometimes it together. But the reason it works and the reason I laugh and enjoy it is because the guys clearly don't take themselves (or any of their viewpoints) very seriously. At all.

Back to the Fit/Jazz: It's cool because it is so much better at what it's trying to be than any other car in the segment. It's soooo good. It's cool. Clarkson can kiss my grits.

M

I say it's seriously uncool. Come on, just look at the name. What's gonna be next, Toyota Pop? Nissan Dance? Subaru Blues?
It's seriously uncool unless it comes with a saxophone and a jazz guitar.

Uncool.

It's always the same old women or typical teenage girl driving one. I've never seen a guy driving one, ever.

^^Taken right out of my mouth...over here it is a young adult females car. <<Uncool.

No not because of that really. Just because it's a young females car it dosen't make it uncool, but the fact it's also an old-people attraction, that's the no.

I voted "Un-Cool"

I'm just not sold on this new one. The previous model was absolutely amazing in every way, especially in the fun-to-drive factor. I can't think of many cars that I've driven that were that good.

This new one... Feels more like an appliance than a toy, at least on first touch. Haven't driven one yet.

But the reason it works and the reason I laugh and enjoy it is because the guys clearly don't take themselves (or any of their viewpoints) very seriously. At all.
But that&#8217;s my point &#8211; the spirit of this thread is to choose &#8220;cool&#8221; based on similarly arbitrary points. Otherwise, this is just a thread about if a car is &#8220;good&#8221;, which is boring and has been done before and isn&#8217;t going to generate much discussion (I&#8217;m sure 99% of the people here agree that the Fit is a &#8220;good&#8221; car).

seriously uncool , I like speed and horsepower , could care less about an econo-car

Can someone tell me if I am able to delete this poll when it has finished a make a new one for the next car in this thread. I dont want to be making a new thread for each car because that would just flood the sub-forum.

I'm seriously glad this has been well recieved by everyone aswell.

good thread , not sure how to close it , or change cars for next poll , may have to get a Mod to do this ?

I am pretty sure that if you are a "premium member" , you have the ability to close your own threads though , if I read it right. :lol:

Well I only want to delete the Poll, the thread remains open but the Poll changes.
Plus I can't go Premium (wish I could), got no cards or money in general for that matter.

Back