GTP Geezer ClubOpen 

• Thread starter geezer1791
  • 4,067 comments
The club is GEEZER RACING - I think you might have joined us once. If you haven't we can get Stewy to have you entered since it is his club. My plan is to have an oil change and adjust brakes with stock wheels - I don't know if the wheels make a difference. The time is 8:30 Eastern time for the room to open - Racing by 9:00. We sure would like for you to join us. I can send the club ID when I get home. P Mallard
Woohoo!! That's gonna be sum fun fellas!!
Gentlemen,, START YOUR ENGINES!! GZR's are a coming to your town! :mischievous:

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR! :cheers: "Some" call them Happy Holidays 'n das OK if they want but the OLD greeting's have worked for decades and I like 'em! :)

I was hoping for a few track suggestions, so I'll throw out something to get us started. Grand Valley (full track), Deep Forest, Spa, Daytona road, Red Bull (full). Please add to the list. Tracks that allow for passing are preferred. We can have a long list, we just won't use them all. If you see one you think would be a bad choice, or perhaps would be a bad choice for the car selection let me know. P Mallard

I was hoping for a few track suggestions, so I'll throw out something to get us started. Grand Valley (full track), Deep Forest, Spa, Daytona road, Red Bull (full). Please add to the list. Tracks that allow for passing are preferred. We can have a long list, we just won't use them all. If you see one you think would be a bad choice, or perhaps would be a bad choice for the car selection let me know. P Mallard
Grand Valley-full, Apricot Hill, Panorama, Silverstone GP

Ok - Make sure you have your oil changed on the two cars you'll be using as well as sets of all racing tires, soft, medium and hard. Settings will be: fuel and tires very fast, boost weak, penalties weak, slipstream strength real. Number of laps - each race will be from 10 to 15 minutes. Hopefully we'll get 5-7 races. Once a track is used it is eliminated from further use. You will alternate between the two cars.

Note: Custom wheels are ok as is any service that is available in the pits.

Last edited:
Ok - Make sure you have your oil changed on the two cars you'll be using as well as sets of all racing tires, soft, medium and hard. Settings will be: fuel and tires very fast, boost weak, penalties weak, slipstream strength real. Number of laps - each race will be from 10 to 15 minutes. Hopefully we'll get 5-7 races. Once a track is used it is eliminated from further use. You will alternate between the two cars.

Note: Custom wheels are ok as is any service that is available in the pits.

Ratz,, after logging in at 0330 I find my Turtle Beach decided to beach itself this morning,, wire broke somewhere inside the control box I suspect. Irregardless, I'm not gonna mess with it this morning - don't want to waste time and find I can't fix it anyway. I have an old wireless (Bluetooth) PS3 headset I've had for years so plugged it in to see if the battery would charge. Whether or not I can remember how to get the PS to recognize it (gonna check on YouTube,,) and whether or not it still works remains to be seen.. In any event I'll be there for the fun. If the headset doesn't work I'm not so sure I'll be able to hear the conversation through my TV speakers but at least I can use the chat function. Hope it works!! See you guys out there!!

Hey fellas,, re; MOTS GZR at Red Bull Ring. :confused: Was curious IF any of the gang had run either of the newest TT's - 600pp at Deep Forest and 600pp at Red Bull Ring. No GZR numbers at Deep Forest :guilty: but GZR_MOTS63 and GZR_Jota_FD have posted numbers at RB driving the '70 Toyota 7 👍👍. I assumed they were running STOCK, as purchased default settings with exception of adding ballast and detuning to meet 600pp specs. [EDIT] Had to adjust the brakes,, backed off the rears by 2 cliks to reduce the amount of rear end "snap around" while attempting to negotiate braking for the corners.

I have gobs of credits to burn (thanks to QM) so bought a NEW Toy 7, added 200kg (left it at "0" position) and detuned to 58.9%. It seems this is how MOTS and Jota have set their cars?? In any event, it IS a handful to get thru the corners,, but for sure it's a do-able GZR car for this event.

Now,, since there's been no car picked as yet for the Deep Forest TT - since that event specs a 4wd there's not a lot of pre-69's to chose from -
I've taken the liberty of choosing the '91 Nissan SkyLine GT-R N1 (R32), :mischievous:
no oil change,
no chassis upgrade,
added all power options,
added all *weight reductions,
installed the ready made "Racing Soft Suspension" (cannot adjust),
added Racing Brakes (adjusts are OK),
added the ready made "6-Speed Trans" (cannot adjust),
used the "STANDARD" Differential Gear, "Standard" Clutch and Flywheel, "Standard" Drive Shaft, "Standard" Center Differential
with all power options the hp is 778, torque is 557, Power-to-Weight is 1.58 kg/HP
*added 26kg to bring the car into 600pp spec, position is "0",, Front/Rear Weight Distribution is 54:46.

Just to see if the car would be permitted entry to this event (it does meet spec) I took only 1 initial trial lap and posted a SILVER time of 1:21.970. The event specs a 1:21.000 as GOLD,, so a couple more laps will get that covered no prob. Anyway, if all are OK with this choice lets get some MOTS GZR times posted fellas! :cheers:

13 December 2016,, Hi gents, for the few of us who are running the 600pp TT MotsGEEZER event at Deep Forest - Jota, Mots, Geez and mysef - we have 15 days til it's over so,, lets pull the pin,, tune this hotrod up to the best it can be and get it on!! Good Luck and lets see what we can do!! :mischievous:

These are the cars that can be used this Saturday. Choose two. Same rules as last week. I'll add 4 tracks to replace the ones we used last week.

Subaru BRZ GT300 Base Model '12
Autobacs Garaiya GT300 Base Model '08
Lexus IS 350 GT300 Base Model '08
Subaru Impreza GT300 Base Model '08
RE Amemiya RX-7 GT300 Base Model '06

P Mallard

Duce - Do we have till 11 tonight to run without tuning?

P Mallard

No problem bud, I ran a new lap (tuned) earlier today so the time you see is that tuned time. At the time I ran that number neither Jota, Mots or Geez had ran tuned laps.. Can't say now if they have or not but I did record our UN-tuned times yesterday (13Dec) as: Jota 1:18.875, Mots63 1:19.485, Dad_U_Ce_47 1:19.506, Geezer1791 1:26.374,
15Dec - [edit - add] our bud Pepper dashed around Deep Forest in stock form to a nice lap - Veda9947 1:19.791,, for me :odd:,, tuning hasn't really netted a much lower time but we're still enjoying the event and hope to bust into the 1:17's :mischievous: before it's done. GL Geezers!! :cheers:

Last edited:
These are the cars that can be used this Saturday. Choose two. Same rules as last week. I'll add 4 tracks to replace the ones we used last week.

Subaru BRZ GT300 Base Model '12
Autobacs Garaiya GT300 Base Model '08
Lexus IS 350 GT300 Base Model '08
Subaru Impreza GT300 Base Model '08
RE Amemiya RX-7 GT300 Base Model '06

P Mallard

These will be GR8 fun too!! :cheers: We have time to test and see what feels good 👍👍

It does take time partner to learn how to navigate GTPlanet (GTP) and discover all the neet stuff you'll find. I follow the Quick Match, Seasonals and Time Trials pages to watch for set ups posted by some of the guys. As well I visit the "Tuning Forum", go to the "Advanced Tune Finder", click the GT6 tab, select the manufacturer then scroll thru the cars til I find the car I'm looking for. The set ups aren't always ideal for me but they do help me get a baseline that saves tons of tuning time. Many of us have been exploring all GTP has to offer for a very long time and would enjoy helping you learn the nuances of GTP. One suggestion - take a look at the sites Home page and check for NEWS of the games you like to play.

We enjoyed your company yesterday and look forward to your joining us for many more fun GZR's Saturday racing days. Learning how to find the club members I think will be much easier for you next week. I don't have my PS open at the moment, but if memory serves, typically when the initial sheet opens in GT6 I simply click the "Community" box, look for my friends on the left side of the screen, click their name and I'm whisked to a sheet showing their profile. On the upper portion of the sheet it will tell me they're in a "lobby", just click the "lobby" and I'm taken there. Many of the guys enter through the GEEZER CLUB Lobby list and that works good too. Welcome to the GTP GEEZER Club!
13 December 2016,, Hi gents, for the few of us who are running the 600pp TT MotsGEEZER event at Deep Forest - Jota, Mots, Geez and mysef - we have 15 days til it's over so,, lets pull the pin,, tune this hotrod up to the best it can be and get it on!! Good Luck and lets see what we can do!! :mischievous:

Mots TT
Last weeks Red Bull
Toyota full tune ENJOY:lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
Hi Daduce this my time is UN -TUNED:gtpflag:

No problem bud, I ran a new lap (tuned) earlier today so the time you see is that tuned time. At the time I ran that number neither Jota, Mots or Geez had ran tuned laps.. Can't say now if they have or not but I did record our UN-tuned times yesterday (13Dec) as: Jota 1:18.875, Mots63 1:19.485, Dad_U_Ce_47 1:19.506, Geezer1791 1:26.374

My son has challenged me to play PCcars with him , but I am resisting waiting for GTSport .Now I am looking forward to Christmas like a kid and after 25 Dec with the new PS4 and wheel near I don´t know if Polyphony Digital deserve my patience
MERRY CHRISTMAS and a GREAT and HAPPY 2017 with health(the most important:)) for all my GEEZERs friends and family.

:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

My son has challenged me to play PCcars with him , but I am resisting waiting for GTSport .Now I am looking forward to Christmas like a kid and after 25 Dec with the new PS4 and wheel near I don´t know if Polyphony Digital deserve my patience
MERRY CHRISTMAS and a GREAT and HAPPY 2017 with health(the most important:)) for all my GEEZERs friends and family.

:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Play your P cars etc and get them out of your system before GT Sport turns up, that is what i am doing now, you can still race GT6 when you like of course.

Merry Christmas and a happy and prosperous new year to all you geezers out there.

👍:cheers::cheers:👍👍:cheers::cheers:👍👍:cheers::cheers:👍👍:cheers::cheers:👍👍:cheers::cheers:👍

Merry Christmas to all geezers, their families and friends the world over.
Nativity-6_zpsb7898aae.jpg

God indeed blessed us all!

'Twas the night before Christmas, when all through Stewy's house
Not a geezer was stirring, not even a Duce;
The stockings were hung by the Play Station with care,
In hopes that St. Geezer soon would be there;
The geezers were nestled all snug in their beds;
While visions of Gran Turismo Sport raced in their heads;
And Oldboy in his racing pajamas, and Pepper in his livery,
Had just settled our tachometers for a long winter's pit stop,
When out on the race track there arose such a clatter,
I sprang from my pit to see what was the matter.
Away to the windshield I flew like a flash,
Tore down the race track and tried not to crash.
The moon on the breast of the new-fallen snow,
Gave a lustre of midday to objects below,
When what to my wondering eyes did appear,
But a bright red Tank Car and eight maxed-out Gixxers,
With a little old driver so lively and quick,
I knew in a moment he must be St. Geezer.
More rapid than eagles his coursers they came,
And he whistled, and shouted, and called them by name:
"Now, Zona! now, Cheeves! now Godfather and Vettel!
On, Lionel! on, SCClockDr! on, Nordschleife and Lewis Hamilton!
To the top of the straightaway! to the top of the pit wall!
Now race away! race away! race away all!"
As leaves before the wild starting grid fly,
When they meet with an backmarker, mount to the sky;
So up to Stewy's house the Gixxers they flew
With the Tank Car full of PS4's, and St. Geezer too—
And then, in a screeching, I heard on the track
The slipping and sliding of each racing slick.
As I raised my visor, and was turning around,
Down the pit lane St. Geezer came with a bound.
He was dressed all in Nomex, from his head to his foot,
And his clothes were all tarnished with oil spray and tire soot;
A bundle of racing steering wheel sets he had flung on his back,
To the delight of geezers waiting at the track.
He spoke not a word, but went straight to his work,
And filled all the stockings; then turned with a jerk,
And laying his finger aside of his nose,
And giving a nod, up the pit chimney he rose;
He sprang to his Tank Car, to his Gixxers gave the command,
And away they all flew like the wind.
But I heard him exclaim, ere he raced out of sight—
“Happy Christmas to all geezers, and to all a good night!”

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to Geezers one and all!!
:) :) :cheers: :D :cheers: :) :) :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Back