GTP Geezer ClubOpen 

• Thread starter geezer1791
  • 4,067 comments
Saturday racing - I won the High Performance G37 with a gold at the 600pp seasonal. Tested it at Midfield and thought it would be a good choice for Saturday. Win or buy one, get an oil change, and you're good to go. We'll try using the sport soft tires and perhaps go to racing hard for a race or two. We'll find a more powerful car for a couple other races.

Saturday racing - I won the High Performance G37 with a gold at the 600pp seasonal. Tested it at Midfield and thought it would be a good choice for Saturday. Win or buy one, get an oil change, and you're good to go. We'll try using the sport soft tires and perhaps go to racing hard for a race or two. We'll find a more powerful car for a couple other races.
I've always wondered why that car hasn't been seen for any of the seasonals. It's been in the game for many versions and it's really a cool looking car. I like that you've chose this one Pepper!! Twice thumbs up bud 👍👍

Saturday racing - I won the High Performance G37 with a gold at the 600pp seasonal. Tested it at Midfield and thought it would be a good choice for Saturday. Win or buy one, get an oil change, and you're good to go.
The High Performance G37 is a nice car to drive.👍
I think I have a couple of them, but I had better check on how recently I changed the oil.:nervous:
I should be able to join your group tomorrow morning:)
:cheers:
GTsail

Hi Geezers - any of you who have started playing Project Cars will be welcome to join me in "Sick's Race Room".

Combined Poster.jpg

Click on the link below for full information:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...4-great-racing-with-a-classic-flavour.352081/

GEEZER SEASONAL TT RESULTS - 1/25

500PP @ Mt Panorama - Geezer Podium: 1. pepper-mallard 2.11.999, #112 ITW, Top 0.16%

2. wolf-dieter_GTRP 2.12.000, #113 ITW, Top 0.16% *** Got Beat by 0.001 sec ***
3. dlone47 2.12.202, #131 ITW, Top 0.28%
Geezer Top 10: bgeezah, JotaFDuarte, mots63, Ema-Nymton, Toppy_JOE, GTsail2, oldboy1943
9 Geezers in Top 500 - Top 0.70%
12 Geezers in Top 1000 - Top 1.4%
23 of 28 Geezers got GOLD

550PP @ Chamonix - Geezer Podium: 1. wolf-dieter_GTRP 2.02.371, #36 ITW, Top 0.07%
2. dlone47 2.04.634, #133 ITW, Top 0.25%
3. JotaFDuarte 2.06.004, #251 ITW, Top 0.47%
Geezer Top 10: RAYCELYNE, mots63, Toppy_JOE, GTsail2, Ema-Nymton, nordschleife1951, qship
4 Geezers in Top 500 - Top 0.95%
9 Geezers in Top 1000 - Top 1.9%
19 of 22 Geezers got GOLD

Geezers Rock :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: 👍 👍

I will be unable to join the fun on Saturdays in the future. My PS3 has succumbed to some technical gremlin, so that's all folks. Hope to see you all on the PS4 someday.

I will be unable to join the fun on Saturdays in the future. My PS3 has succumbed to some technical gremlin, so that's all folks. Hope to see you all on the PS4 someday.
That's a bummer Eric :grumpy:, we missed you last week and will in the upcoming GT6 Geezer Saturday racing but surely can understand not replacing that PS3. Since it appears alot of we GEEZERS are slowly,, albiet reluctantly gravitating toward the PS4 and a few of that platform supported games it only makes sense to not put more cash toward a dying system. "The Crew" would be a pretty cool game for you since you're so good with the controller anyway 👍👍. Stewey, Waukazoo and many others play the thunder out of that one and they'll welcome you to their group of GEEZER Crew members:). I'm lousy with the controller and since the game doesn't support Logitech I'm left with PCars on the PS4,, but das OK as I'm only playing it as a "filler" until GT Sport hits the shelves,, then it's "by-by" to PCars for me. Anyway, we'll be looking for you 'ol bud as soon as you're back online. :cheers:

I'm really TORN - I got my response from Thrustmaster regarding the service on their products and it has to go to the service center in Canada (nothing against you northern friends). Added shipping cost plus the lack of phone contact information. I really dislike companies that don't post addresses or phone numbers in the on line information. I didn't see any warranty information on the product either, or I'm not looking in the right place. I've read some unkind things written about Thrustmaster service.

I'm really TORN - I got my response from Thrustmaster regarding the service on their products and it has to go to the service center in Canada (nothing against you northern friends). Added shipping cost plus the lack of phone contact information. I really dislike companies that don't post addresses or phone numbers in the on line information. I didn't see any warranty information on the product either, or I'm not looking in the right place. I've read some unkind things written about Thrustmaster service.

I had a problem with the connector that converts G27 pedals to thrustmaster, had a replacement in a few days with no problems. most of their warranty work is done by email.
The important thing to remember is to keep the first email they send you and reply through that only.
Most of their products are on a two year warranty if purchased from their French site.
Hope this helps mate.

Great races on Saturday!:)
Even Suzuka was good fun until I decided to leave the track:dunce:

1) On lap six I'm tooling along close behind pepper_mallard:

32630547890_dcc2bbf347_k.jpg

2) Pepper runs a little wide so I think there's an opening to get past on the inside so I keep hard on throttle

33012482575_2760c0fe4c_k.jpg

3) I cut the wheel a little too much trying to stay off Pepper's car. You can see that my right-rear tire has turned yellow, so I should come off the throttle a little, but nooooooo I'm still hard on the throttle:eek:

32856920102_4f774b3985_k.jpg

4) My car has now lost traction with the track and I start to rotate un-controllably towards the inside

32196991063_784140f72e_k.jpg

5) At this point I'm just along for the ride as my right-rear turns red and I start to lay down a nice streak of rubber on the track. At least I've come off the throttle at this point but the end is near:nervous:

32971101286_adb0ea4804_k.jpg

6) Towards the armco I head and now my right-front has been lit up:eek:

32971112056_33760ef9f1_k.jpg

7) Well..... at least I've begun to slow down by using the armco to scrub off some speed:)

32971125436_b89c2af162_k.jpg

8) Finally though, my front-bumper gets stuck to the armco and I get swung around and end up facing in the wrong direction as the field streams past:(

32856979962_2311f18242_k.jpg

Well I did get to wave to all the fans that were standing along the armco once I slowed down enough to see them

Great races on Saturday!:)
Even Suzuka was good fun until I decided to leave the track:dunce:

Well I did get to wave to all the fans that were standing along the armco once I slowed down enough to see them

Nice stills - That would have been a great opportunity as I think I was struggling to get back to a good line. P.M.

Nice stills - That would have been a great opportunity as I think I was struggling to get back to a good line. P.M.

I had a good run on your car coming out of the last of the esses, so I figured I had a shot of getting past, and I was also expecting that you would have to come off the throttle a little since you were out on the rumble strip, however, once my right-rear went yellow, it was I who should have come off the throttle a little.:ill:

Its interesting that in picture # 5 and picture # 6 you can see the tire mark on the track even before I actually lay down the rubber.:eek: I guess the game knew that I had no hope of saving my TVR before barrier impact, so the game might as well show my future course!:eek::lol:

My PS3, GT6 days may be numbered. The last 2 times I've used it I lost all sound after a few hours. When I say no sound that covers hdmi and headphones. The machine even fails to acknowledge the headphones are connected. Powering off for a bit currently resolves it. Keeping fingers crossed.

Back