GTP Geezer ClubOpen 

• Thread starter geezer1791
  • 4,067 comments
I didn't win the car because I quit the Spa event with a bronze. I bought a brand new one so that I would have the same car because I already had this car. Is painting the car allowed or all we all be be running around in gray cars? Also what about SRF?

I didn't win the car because I quit the Spa event with a bronze. I bought a brand new one so that I would have the same car because I already had this car. Is painting the car allowed or all we all be be running around in gray cars? Also what about SRF?

Hi - You can certainly paint your car. I had sent you an email about the Saturday race - I hope you saw it. I had to leave early on Saturday since my son was in town, so I don't know if you got in the race. I'll try to get a car selected earlier this week. P.M.

Hi everyone. I am new to GTPlanet and was looking around and I think I found my Club :) I am a geezer, 62, live in Rio and love races and cars. My youngest boy got a Xbox and left the PS3 behind. I found it and got GT6 and I loved it. I am currently doing weekly time events to get the hang of it. If possible I would like to join the Club and participate on some events. I am still learning my way around here, so, if I miss something its just stupidity. If someone can walk me through the drill, would be nice. (sorry about my google english):cheers:

Hi everyone. I am new to GTPlanet and was looking around and I think I found my Club :) I am a geezer, 62, live in Rio and love races and cars.

Hi Luis! We would love to have you join us. The club administrator is @geezer1791 and he will be away for the next couple of days. When he returns he will send you a friend request and add you to our room. We race on Thursdays at noon eastern time U.S., and on Saturday mornings at 9:00 AM eastern time U.S. I will send you a friend request. 👍 :cheers:

Hi Luis! We would love to have you join us. The club administrator is @geezer1791 and he will be away for the next couple of days. When he returns he will send you a friend request and add you to our room. We race on Thursdays at noon eastern time U.S., and on Saturday mornings at 9:00 AM eastern time U.S. I will send you a friend request. 👍 :cheers:

Great, thanks for the reply. Maybe I can join both races. My time is ahead of yours and it suits my schedule. If there's some literature I need read, send me the link.

Great, thanks for the reply. Maybe I can join both races. My time is ahead of yours and it suits my schedule. If there's some literature I need read, send me the link.

Hi Luiz, joining nordschleife51 in WELCOMEing you to the GTP (GranTurismoPlanet) GEEZER Club. As nordschleife mentioned geezer1971 is our esteemed club administrator and he has prepared just about all you need to see on the first page of the club message board.

Here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtp-geezer-club.310915/

If you have a headset and can speak just a little English that would be most helpful during our Thursday and Saturday races - BUT - it is not required. A mic and headset helps save tons of time as we try and help you gain more knowledge of the game. Many of we GEEZERS have been avid GranTurismo fans and players since the beginning edition, Many have joined in as various other editions have been introduced. Most of us have been playing online since GranTurismo 5 was made an online game. If spoken English is not an option for you that's no problem, it will just take a bit more time but many of us are retired and are in no hurry. We hope you can join us for the GEEZER racing 👍👍

Another item of note, we almost never use "tuned" cars but rather use cars in their "default - as purchased" configuration and an oil change accomplished in the garage pit service area. Occasionally we'll change tires, seldom do we make any other changes. The reason - it makes for much quicker and closer racing with almost no time lost to messing with a set up. Typically the host - geezer1791 on Thursday, peppermallard on Saturday - will select and advise us of the car and tire rite here on GTPlanet, we simply purchase, win or however have the car ready, join the PRIVATE, MEMBERS ONLY Geezer Club lobby (we'll help you find and join the lobby), make a few warm up laps at the first track chosen by the host and race. The number of laps will be dependent upon the length of the track and lap times as we try and keep the races to around 15 to 20 minutes each. Saturday we usually run 5 or 6 races which take around 4 hours. Usually the second race will be chosen by the winner of the previous race or by "track vote". Hopefully I've not overloaded you with too much information at this early stage of joining and racing with us. We can post more information as you're ready for more.

Last edited:
Hi Luiz, joining nordschleife51 in WELCOMEing you to the GTP (GranTurismoPlanet) GEEZER Club. As nordschleife mentioned geezer1971 is our esteemed club administrator and he has prepared just about all you need to see on the first page of the club message board.

Here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtp-geezer-club.310915/

If you have a headset and can speak just a little English that would be most helpful during our Thursday and Saturday races - BUT - it is not required. A mic and headset helps save tons of time as we try and help you gain more knowledge of the game. Many of we GEEZERS have been avid GranTurismo fans and players since the beginning edition, Many have joined in as various other editions have been introduced. Most of us have been playing online since GranTurismo 5 was made an online game. If spoken English is not an option for you that's no problem, it will just take a bit more time but many of us are retired and are in no hurry. We hope you can join us for the GEEZER racing 👍👍

Another item of note, we almost never use "tuned" cars but rather use cars in their "default - as purchased" configuration and an oil change accomplished in the garage pit service area. Occasionally we'll change tires, seldom do we make any other changes. The reason - it makes for much quicker and closer racing with almost no time lost to messing with a set up. Typically the host - geezer1791 on Thursday, peppermallard on Saturday - will select and advise us of the car and tire rite here on GTPlanet, we simply purchase, win or however have the car ready, join the PRIVATE, MEMBERS ONLY Geezer Club lobby (we'll help you find and join the lobby), make a few warm up laps at the first track chosen by the host and race. The number of laps will be dependent upon the length of the track and lap times as we try and keep the races to around 15 to 20 minutes each. Saturday we usually run 5 or 6 races which take around 4 hours. Usually the second race will be chosen by the winner of the previous race or by "track vote". Hopefully I've not overloaded you with too much information at this early stage of joining and racing with us. We can post more information as you're ready for more.

Thanks for the message, Daduce1947.
I can speak and understand english enough for a conversation and yes, I have a headphone, just don't know how to plug it to use with the PS3, but I think I can figure that out. As long you guys don't speak a lot of slang I think I can cope with the conversation :). I found out that will not be possible for me to participate on the Thursday race, by noon I am at the office. But on Saturday, I can go for it. I received a invitation from @nordschleife51 yesterday and confirmed it. If you guys have any tips on how to plug the headset, will be nice. Mine has one plug for the mic and another for audio.

I started GT6 in last January, I am new to the game but old in race tracks, i have completed a few licences and started with seasonal events and "on line races". But on the "on line races" there are a bunch of crazy people trying to put you out of the track, and I get more irritated then fun (I measured my blood pressure during one of those battles and it reached the roof top vary fast :ill:). And then I started to look around to find a group of gentleman where I could race for the fun and winning would be a consequence not a goal and then I found GTPlanet and GTP Geezer Club. That been said, I am very exited to be part of the group. Thanks for the patience and for all the support, i'll need a lot of help. :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the message, Daduce1947.
I can speak and understand english enough for a conversation and yes, I have a headphone, just don't know how to plug it to use with the PS3, but I think I can figure that out. As long you guys don't speak a lot of slang I think I can cope with the conversation :). I found out that will not be possible for me to participate on the Thursday race, by noon I am at the office. But on Saturday, I can go for it. I received a invitation from @nordschleife51 yesterday and confirmed it. If you guys have any tips on how to plug the headset, will be nice. Mine has one plug for the mic and another for audio.

I started GT6 in last January, I am new to the game but old in race tracks, i have completed a few licences and started with seasonal events and "on line races". But on the "on line races" there are a bunch of crazy people trying to put you out of the track, and I get more irritated then fun (I measured my blood pressure during one of those battles and it reached the roof top vary fast :ill:). And then I started to look around to find a group of gentleman where I could race for the fun and winning would be a consequence not a goal and then I found GTPlanet and GTP Geezer Club. That been said, I am very exited to be part of the group. Thanks for the patience and for all the support, i'll need a lot of help. :)

Hi there Luiz, we're happy you've no problem with English and no, we seldom use slang but if we do and it needs explanation we're happy to explain what it means, we're elders and in no hurry - being in a hurry we've learned gets us nowhere anyway. Now, for the headset, the PS3 has two USP ports, usually the wheel or wired controller, the other is for a wired (or wireless) headset. I don't know if there's an adapter for your plugin device to USB but my guess is you'll need that,, or a different headset with wired or wireless USB jack. There may be an option to plug the set you have into your TV or monitor?
If you need to get a different set in our country Walmart or BestBuy have many costing around $10 US and up,, or they're available on Amazon or eBay. I use a $10 wired set from Sony for voice and the TV speaker for engine and race sound.
Some of the Geezers are like you, still working and cannot attend Thursday races but Saturday's we usually have 6 or more joining in. We'll be looking forward to meeting you on Saturday AND I'll be sending you a Friend Request as soon as I'm logged on today.

Edit - update RE Thursdays Rocking Chair Geezer races. There were 5 of us, we used an older but fantasticly (is that a word?) handling Ferrari (sorry, the model escapes me), the Shelby GT500 Mustang and the Peugeot 908 at SPA,, ran 5 races if memory serves and we had a GR8 time. geezer, nordschleif, oldboy, haybalekiller (he had a few disco issues but got right back in) and myself, Looking forward to Saturdays racing!

Last edited:
Hi there Luiz, we're happy you've no problem with English and no, we seldom use slang but if we do and it needs explanation we're happy to explain what it means, we're elders and in no hurry - being in a hurry we've learned gets us nowhere anyway. Now, for the headset, the PS3 has two USP ports, usually the wheel or wired controller, the other is for a wired (or wireless) headset. I don't know if there's an adapter for your plugin device to USB but my guess is you'll need that,, or a different headset with wired or wireless USB jack. There may be an option to plug the set you have into your TV or monitor?
If you need to get a different set in our country Walmart or BestBuy have many costing around $10 US and up,, or they're available on Amazon or eBay. I use a $10 wired set from Sony for voice and the TV speaker for engine and race sound.
Some of the Geezers are like you, still working and cannot attend Thursday races but Saturday's we usually have 6 or more joining in. We'll be looking forward to meeting you on Saturday AND I'll be sending you a Friend Request as soon as I'm logged on today.

Hi Daduce1947, Yesterday I saw some videos on youtube on how to do that and is exactly what you are saying. I'll work on that tomorrow and see what I can do, but I think it's no big deal. Tonight I'll be logged in, by 8 ET going for some practicing.:cheers:

Edit - update RE Thursdays Rocking Chair Geezer races. There were 5 of us, we used an older but fantasticly (is that a word?) handling Ferrari (sorry, the model escapes me), the Shelby GT500 Mustang and the Peugeot 908 at SPA,, ran 5 races if memory serves and we had a GR8 time. geezer, nordschleif, oldboy, haybalekiller (he had a few disco issues but got right back in) and myself, Looking forward to Saturdays racing!
I did manage to get the headset working. Tks for the hint. Tomorrow i'll be on line by 8:30, hopefully we will met there.

Hello to all the Geezers!

I've been wistfully following the antics and shenanigans - wistfully, because technically I won't be eligible to join until March.

Is there any way special dispensation can be granted to an old school OLR race admin and racer?

You will be eligible to be a Geezer on Jan 1, 2018, but you are certainly eligible to race with us now. Please join us Sat morn at 8:30 ET (See OP this thread.) :cheers:

Back