GTP Geezer ClubOpen 

• Thread starter geezer1791
  • 4,067 comments
ROCKIN CHAIR OPEN - JULY 27 - NOON ET

Get the BMW Z4 GT3 '11 - Stock + Oil Change, RH
Morning fellas, unfortunately 'ol duce will miss the beginning, very likely all the racing today. Getting tires on the Toyota first thing this morning. Not sure how long it will take but if they get right to it and hustle along MAYBE I can get back home in time to join in. This week has been kinda busy with Wife and Dr appointments - so unfortunately had to take this morning for the tires appt.

Could You send club id to me?
Hi Motts, so happy you may join the guys for the Rock'n Chair open races! It's so simple to join, just open the Community page, look on the left of the screen for any of the "online" Geezers on your friends list. Click their name, look to the top right of the screen, you'll see they are "in the room",,, click that and you'll be whisked (taken quickly) to the room, click "Join" and you're in. I almost never enter through the club list, just follow my friends into the club lobby. If you have Stewey's Club on your list I think that's where the racing is happening.

Morning fellas, unfortunately 'ol duce will miss the beginning, very likely all the racing today. Getting tires on the Toyota first thing this morning. Not sure how long it will take but if they get right to it and hustle along MAYBE I can get back home in time to join in. This week has been kinda busy with Wife and Dr appointments - so unfortunately had to take this morning for the tires appt.
Good morning Duce, I hope you get your new rubber quickly and join us. You getting racing soft ??

Duce lives in the Pacific Northwest. He's getting full wets! :lol:

Ohh YEAH!! LMAO :lol:,, All Season - but with a lean toward WETS they are! Believe it or not Washington is mostly desert,, if you look at GoogleEarth, to the East of the Cascades Range it's dry, barren, HOT, windy desert. We lived in that hell hole for over 30 years (50 years for my Wife) because it was conducive to concrete flat work but as soon as we sold our business we IMMEDIATELY packed up and hurried to the West side of the state to enjoy trees and GREEN everything for the rest of our days on this wonderful planet.

Good morning Geezers i have set up two events in the club room for you to have a go at.
The first is the Toyota TS 030 full tune unlimited except nos is not allowed.
The second is any Toyota unlimited.
Both events are on stewys tricky one so lets see who is fastest, you have a week.

Enjoy.

:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

My apologies for not getting around to picking a car until tonight after I woke up from my evening nap on the recliner. We need two cars. In the Australia Ford dealership get the only car in there, the Ford Falcon 2000 XR8 with oil change and racing hard tires. Then go to the US Ford dealership and get a RS200'85 with sport soft and an oil change. We'll be using both but not at the same time! Or maybe if we give the RS200 a lap head start hummmmm?

Good morning Geezers i have set up two events in the club room for you to have a go at.
The first is the Toyota TS 030 full tune unlimited except nos is not allowed.
The second is any Toyota unlimited.
Both events are on stewys tricky one so lets see who is fastest, you have a week.

Enjoy.

:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:
Good on ya mate! These will be fast and fun! We've some new GEEZERS who have yet to experience the brilliance and FUN of Stewy's Tricky One track. Go to Stewy's profile, look to the top of the page, click User Created tracks (I think that's what it's called), scroll down the list of tracks Stewy has created to find the Tricky Track, click and add it to your list then go give it a go. Just as with any track it will take awhile to learn the many twists and turns but after quite a few laps you'll start seeing your times come down, down, down. As well you'll start to find there really is a FAST LINE through EVERY corner, every chicane and over EVERY bump - there in lies the brilliance and most excellent design of Stewy's Tricky Track. We've little time left in GT6 (we hope!) so hop in, cinch up that 5-point harness, strap on your helmets, grip your controller or wheel tight in both hands and hold on to see what we can do in these two events. Yesterday Mots, Joe (ID is jab_1362) and I saw Stewy lay down a 2:41 and small change in the TSO30 on RS tires. I barely made a mid 1:50 on RS, Mots was somewhere between Stewy and myself. Now, there's a couple of ways to share our lap times with we GEEZERS - #1, simply take a photo and upload it rite here on the planet,, or #2 it will be saved to the room lap times. It has been awhile but I'll take a stab at HOW to get our lap posted in Stewy's log. If someone is not already in the track lobby with an OPEN room (if so you can simply join them) you'll need to open the track, then create a room of your own. Run as many laps as you want then remember to SAVE it. When any of us open the track we can click the messages to see the times others have posted. I think I've likely left a few critical steps out but after I've had a chance to run some of my own, or if another GEEZER gets to it sooner we'll make sure every one knows how to get their lap times shared. GO GEEZERS!! (drat,, the emoji's aren't working)

Edit: To join Stewy's races - go to Community, then Clubs, then select "Geezer Racing" notice it has a UK flag 'cause it's Stewy's Club, clik the arrow taking you to the club, now click "Club Events",, Wahh-Lahh, you'll see the events - Toyots TS 30 15 minute tt and Toyota Unlimited. click the event, then click "Sign Up" or join if another Geezer has a room open. GL gents!

Last edited:
Good on ya mate! These will be fast and fun! We've some new GEEZERS who have yet to experience the brilliance and FUN of Stewy's Tricky One track. Go to Stewy's profile, look to the top of the page, click User Created tracks (I think that's what it's called), scroll down the list of tracks Stewy has created to find the Tricky Track, click and add it to your list then go give it a go. Just as with any track it will take awhile to learn the many twists and turns but after quite a few laps you'll start seeing your times come down, down, down. As well you'll start to find there really is a FAST LINE through EVERY corner, every chicane and over EVERY bump - there in lies the brilliance and most excellent design of Stewy's Tricky Track. We've little time left in GT6 (we hope!) so hop in, cinch up that 5-point harness, strap on your helmets, grip your controller or wheel tight in both hands and hold on to see what we can do in these two events. Yesterday Mots, Joe (sorry Joe - I'm at a loss but I think you're ID is jab_15??) and I saw Stewy lay down a 1:41 and small change in the TSO30 on RS tires. I barely made a mid 1:50 on RS, Mots was somewhere between Stewy and myself. Now, there's a couple of ways to share our lap times with we GEEZERS - #1, simply take a photo and upload it rite here on the planet,, or #2 it will be saved to the room lap times. It has been awhile but I'll take a stab at HOW to get our lap posted in Stewy's log. If someone is not already in the track lobby with an OPEN room (if so you can simply join them) you'll need to open the track, then create a room of your own. Run as many laps as you want then remember to SAVE it. When any of us open the track we can click the messages to see the times others have posted. I think I've likely left a few critical steps out but after I've had a chance to run some of my own, or if another GEEZER gets to it sooner we'll make sure every one knows how to get their lap times shared. GO GEEZERS!! (drat,, the emoji's aren't working)

Time was 2.41.692 toyota TS030 full tune.

Edit: To join Stewy's races - go to Community, then Clubs, then select "Geezer Racing" notice it has a UK flag 'cause it's Stewy's Club, clik the arrow taking you to the club, now click "Club Events",, Wahh-Lahh, you'll see the events - Toyots TS 30 15 minute tt and Toyota Unlimited. click the event, then click "Sign Up" or join if another Geezer has a room open. GL gents!

I've signed up for both events... as I am not an official member, do I wait for someone else to open a room?

I've signed up for both events... as I am not an official member, do I wait for someone else to open a room?

You should be a member of Stewy's Club/Community and can/should create a room. Respond to this if it won't let you create a room.

@NoQuarter - Check the OP in this thread for an update on your status in the Geezer Club.

Last edited:
And first time is in :)

Is this a one shot deal, or can we make more attempts?
You can run these as many times as you want I think. I've just run the TSO, trying to hold down the GT-1 in the other,, not having alot of luck!! Wayyyy too much power,, going to try one of the GT500's so I'll learn if we can open a new room and have another go at it.

EDIT: Confirmed, you CAN open a new room in either event an post another time.

By the by, when you open a new room, set the mic to HIGH Quality just in case another enters you can visit. Also, set the room number of participants to 4 or so,, just in case someone wants to join in. If you're in the middle of your run you can continue while they watch, then run it again (I think??) or halt your run and restsart. It's been awhile - months!! -since we've had these events so the ol memory is in GEEZER mode but we'll get it figured out. ALSO - tire wear is ON, a pit stop will be a part of your lap so,, DON'T PIt. I suspect Stewy will drop the tire wear since we can't really pit.

Last edited:
ALSO - tire wear is ON, a pit stop will be a part of your lap so,, DON'T PIt. I suspect Stewy will drop the tire wear since we can't really pit.

I wondered about that, as in my first run with the TS020 '99 in the Toyota Unlimited TT, my best lap was lap 2. I wonder with the current tire wear, if one would have time to outlap, run two laps, then pit and try to get one more sweet spot hot lap in.

Good morning Geezers, good day Saturday again, thanks to Pepper for running the room and keeping us under control.

Time trial times starting to come in now 2.36.208 Toyota TS030 event is the time to beat at the moment, there is still more time out there.

Any Toyota event 2.31.063 Minolta, hard job keeping it on the road at full tune. HAHA

Last edited:
Did I hear talk about something this evening? :dopey:
Remember you're talking to Geezers partner - LOL - but if memory serves I think it was to be Wednesday eve at 7:15 Eastern Time. The only reason I think I'm correct is this hour would be good to go for me at 4:15 Pacific time. I usually cease game or anything on my laptop at around 5:30 Pacific.

Hi geez, you gents know I'm partial to FAST cars so I'll jump out there and nominate the AM Mercedes CLK-LM '98 EDIT!! That AMG Merc is a BEAST! After taking it to the tracks I mention, attempting a few laps on the default RH tires and failing miserably to keep it on the track I'm thinking I need to retract my nomination for this car.

Instead I am nominating the Lexus IS 299GT-1 '04- typical Geezer Rocking Chair setups. It's only 100K and with an oil change is 471PP, 290hp,196ft-lb torque, weighs 1010kg and would be more suited to door to door/bumper to bumper GEEZER racing.

Last edited:
I second the CLK-LM. You guys seem to like the GT cars, amirite? I'm good with that.

Maybe at a future session we can run a straight up sports car (a fast one, Duce!)

Also, I'll have a working USB mic this time... screw Bluetooth; that can sit in a glass of water with my choppers,

I second the CLK-LM. You guys seem to like the GT cars, amirite? I'm good with that.

Maybe at a future session we can run a straight up sports car (a fast one, Duce!)

Also, I'll have a working USB mic this time... screw Bluetooth; that can sit in a glass of water with my choppers,
Good on ya bud! Yes, the wireless are convenient until they go dead - then they can take a rest in that glass of Eferdent treated water LOL !. Wired,, even thou more cumbersome are the way to go.

As for the Sports Car - I like them too - there's a ob of 'em so which hot rod would you nominate??

ROCKIN CHAIR OPEN - JULY 27 - NOON ET

Get the BMW Z4 GT3 '11 - Stock + Oil Change, RH

Hi gents, Geez has asked me to assume the hosting duties for our Thursday Rockin Chair Open - 3 Aug - Noon ET. Per NoQuarter's suggestion I grabbed one of the '92 Ferrari F-40's I have in my stable, set everything to default and gave it a go at Indy Road Course. The default SH tires, trans and brakes are a "must go" so here's what we'll do. Grab one of these beauty's, do the oil change, install Sport Soft tires, the 5 speed trans and racing brakes. We'll start at Indy RC and go from there.

Edit: 0920PT - Since NoQuarter can't attend let's push this car back a week. Can you make that one NQ? For tomorrow's race - at least the first one - let's use the Nissan GT500 Base Model in default tune, RH tires at High Speed Ring. I've not tested yet but if the trans needs to be stretched we'll decide after the first couple of laps but if memory serves it's fine as is. That said we'll see those who can attend this eve for most of you, afternoon for me. :cheers:

Last edited:
Back