GTP Geezer ClubOpen 

• Thread starter geezer1791
  • 4,067 comments
Thursday Rock'n Chair Open at 28 Sept '17 at 12:00 Eastern

We'll try this again gents,, we'll be using the Subaru VIZIV GT Vision Gran Turismo. With oil change 611pp, 651hp, 1380kg, 2.11kg/HP. We'll start at Indy Road Course for 9 laps and go from there. As always, default with an oil change, please add RACING Brakes. Sport Soft tires.

Let's see what the consensus will be,, if we that participate regularly this Thursday race have PC2 let's drop this in favor of racing in that game. Thoughts?

very funny racing yesterday, I came late because I had only looked at the post in the morning. :bowdown:
It was a pleasure to fight with you. :cheers:
I had some problem understanding that MP had to jump every turn, not a usual thing .... but then I understand! :confused: 💡
Congratulations to all
Thanks much for joining the racing Nonno, we knew you would not understand at first what the heck we were doing but you figured it out pretty quickly. A few weeks back we learned of the jump on that track and now we have a little fun there. After a few laps you figured out that we were having more fun seeing who could get the most air time than who might win which is why we run only 6 laps. The final race at Motegi Speedway - that has always been our favorite and is why it is always our final fun of the day. We often times use one of the "one make" cars - the Audi rally car is perhaps our favorite - and enjoy how often the lead changes. You saw that pit stop strategy is the key and it really never is the same week to week. Pepper may have us run 22 laps or like yesterday I think it was 28 laps, we used the Shelby, which was the first time we ran that car in that race so tire choice and number of pit stops is always different. Until GTSport comes out we'll be running our Geezer events every Saturday morning at 8:30AM Eastern time, every Wednesday at 7:15PM Eastern time and Thursdays at 1200 (midday) Eastern. Once GTSport is available we'll of course have to go through the learning experiences but we expect that will be the game we'll be running our Geezer races and GT6 will be a fond memory. We look forward to your joining us again when you can. Chaio

I forgot to save the replay with jumps ... if any of you is capable of posting it I would gladly see it again! :D
On the oval I had strategy problems, I did not remember how to change the tires and did all the races with hard in front and medium behind.
I will buy the PS4 and the game when it comes out !!

I forgot to save the replay with jumps ... if any of you is capable of posting it I would gladly see it again! :D
On the oval I had strategy problems, I did not remember how to change the tires and did all the races with hard in front and medium behind.
During this week i'll post the videos. Nice to race with you.

For that particular race, because the Shelby is our own car, we had to purchase tires in the tuning section then tires can be changed in either driver options or in the car settings. "IF" we're using cars from the "One Make" garage, the host (peppermallard) will choose the car, we go to the garage, it will be the only car, we use "Driver Options" to select the tires we want, change traction control and abs and off we go, nothing need be purchased. We most times use the One Make cars because there's no tuning available - all drive the same car so the field is absolutely equal with driver skill being the only variable. Looking forward to the next time you can join the Geezers for some fun racing 👍👍:)

My time with the Geezers is a gift to me that keeps on giving, every now and then I see one of these and can't stop laughing :lol:.

2017-10-04 17.38.49.png

My time with the Geezers is a gift to me that keeps on giving, every now and then I see one of these and can't stop laughing :lol:.

View attachment 677251
Wow!! Thank you very much WhoosierGirl! We're so happy to hear from you again 👍👍 ;) 👍👍 !! We look forward to "hopefully" have you join in once we get our Geezer Races sorted in GTSport,, we know YOU will be there :bowdown: kick'n rear as always!! Stay well, :cheers: and we're wishing ALL the best to your boy as he continues growing. :)

Thursday Rock'n Chair Open at 5 Oct '17 at 12:00 Eastern

We'll be using the Nissan GT-R R35 Touring Car. With oil change 623pp, 687hp, 1215kg, 1.76kg/HP. We'll start at Willow Springs (BIG Willow) for 11 laps and go from there. As always, default with an oil change, brake balance adjustments are OK.

Edit: 05 Oct '17, gents, this will be the last Thursday event in GT6. According to what we're reading on GTP about GTS, the new game will be available - "as a free download from the PlayStation Store, from 0900 GMT/UTC ( 0500 PST/0200 EST) on Monday October 9, with a pre-download available 48 hours earlier. (wouldn't that be Saturday, 7 Oct??) The demo will run through to 1300 GMT/UTC on October 12, (the following Thursday) and players can transfer part of their progress into the full game. Polyphony has made many of the full game’s features available in this unprecedented demo. Sport mode is available, with online races against other players." Wonder if we can try to hold a Geezer gathering in the NEW game during this demo event?? May be worth trying eh?

We hopefully can have our regular Geezer races on Saturday the 15th with the NEW GTSport being available on Tuesday / Wednesday the 17th / 18th depending and for some of us who have ordered the CD it will be a couple of days later. My bet is if there's not too many issues with online play (we're expecting many, many thousands will hit PD/PSN servers like a full blown landslide once the new game is available - which likely will be fodder for huge online game playing issues :banghead:),, we'll see how well PD have prepared for it but this isn't their first rodeo so maybe it can go OK? Anyway, Geezer racing will be going through a transition to the new game so GT6 is almost ready to be shelved to our collections of the previous editions. Just a few thoughts from near Seattle in the Beautiful (but wet) Pacific NorthWest. See you fellas soon.

Last edited:
Back