GTP Geezer ClubOpen 

• Thread starter geezer1791
  • 4,067 comments
99 lol. Can we see some ID please?
Hopefully we be seeing more of your very well created tunes once acadamey is over.

Yea my good friend, after I get done chasing my dream, I'll be back with you guys full time, willing to help out in any way I can, including tunes. My chase is not looking very good so far, still need at least another second to even be close, but hey, its not over till the fat lady sings, right? :sly:

Yea my good friend, after I get done chasing my dream, I'll be back with you guys full time, willing to help out in any way I can, including tunes. My chase is not looking very good so far, still need at least another second to even be close, but hey, its not over till the fat lady sings, right? :sly:

She hasn't sung quite yet. All It takes is that one good lap when everything comes together just right. 👍

Sounds like a great plan. I'm 72 and semi-retired.

I'd like to participate in fun and friendly racing.

What I enjoy most is close races rather than necessarily winning. I race with a mate most weeks and we tweak our respective Performance Point settings if we don't get a close finish. Or we change cars. The goal is always to have an exciting close race with nail-biting finishes.

PSN ID is GBO-Possum

Last edited:
Just posted on the "Looking for Friends" thread and thought I'd try to see if there was any interest in a GTP Geezer Club for senior pilots. I will propose an age limit of 60 and over and any skill level.
Any interest? My PSN ID is Geezer1791.:gtpflag:

Just sent you a friend request, I'm only 72. :lol:

Anyone else in the Geezer Club, feel free to hit me up!

How will us youngins see you can still get it around the track if we aren't invited? ;)
Sounds cool...hold me a spot for 30 years. :)

Young grasshopper, you better take extra care of that PS3 so you still have the equipment ready for your membership of the Geezers' Club! I'm hoping I'll still be around and driving when you join.

@geezer1791 I'm too young to join and also lacking the time to join any clubs at the moment. However I would like to point out we share a birthday...however just a few years apart.

You know I was thinking, in the overall scope of things you aren't geezers of past generations.
Pong via Atari console became available to home consumers in '75.

That means those making the minimum requirement of 60 for membership...
...were around a young 21 at the time pong became a home video game.

Slot cars had already been around for close to 10 years by then too.

Vertical skateboarding, one of X-games' ancestors also appeared in same window of time...
...something a lot of the younger members here may not realize.

Just sayin', and rock on. :cheers:

You know I was thinking, in the overall scope of things you aren't geezers of past generations.
Pong via Atari console became available to home consumers in '75.

That means those making the minimum requirement of 60 for membership...
...were around a young 21 at the time pong became a home video game.

Slot cars had already been around for close to 10 years by then too.

Vertical skateboarding, one of X-games' ancestors also appeared in same window of time...
...something a lot of the younger members here may not realize.

Just sayin', and rock on. :cheers:
Actually, the first slot cars were produced about 100 years ago, and there are slot car patents dating back to the 30's, I believe. So, yeah, I agree there's no major generation gap between 60-year-olds and young adults.

After all, bands like the Stones have been packing stadiums through 6 decades, and picking up new generations of fans along the way. Today's old farts are every bit as hip and savvy as the young'uns--very unlike my parent's dusty crusty clueless generation.

From the lap times I've seen, it looks like I'm 1 of the slower geezers. ;) Most of you are very quick. 👍
Slick move there Papa, posting the "humble" message after laying down two very nice laps. Thanks for the new ghosts to chase:scared: I'll see what i can do in the next 2 days to take advantage of your inspiration.:cheers:

Actually, the first slot cars were produced about 100 years ago, and there are slot car patents dating back to the 30's, I believe. So, yeah, I agree there's no major generation gap between 60-year-olds and young adults.

After all, bands like the Stones have been packing stadiums through 6 decades, and picking up new generations of fans along the way. Today's old farts are every bit as hip and savvy as the young'uns--very unlike my parent's dusty crusty clueless generation.
Merriam-Webster says Geezer: a queer, odd, or eccentric person —used especially of elderly men
Fits me!

Your words with emphasis, not mine. :odd:
The context of my post in no way implied that.

Excuse the OT all. :D
I didn't suggest it did. I'm just saying the boomer generation is in their early 70's now, and I see no generation gap between them and the millennials--only subtle seams along a gradual continuum, whereas I do see a large gap between boomers and their parents' generation. Do we have any players here over the age of 90?

I got a Auto Union V16 Type C Streamline '37 for my birthday car, how about you?
I got the Nissan BLUEBIRD Hardtop 1800SSS (910) '79 even though I was born in 1978

That's a pretty awesome birthday car the Auto Union. Saves spending all those credits on it later.

Just looked at TT Leader Board ......looks like I am slow geezer. I accepted all of your friends request looking forward to racing or as it looks running laps with you guys. I will tell you that there is a group of guy I have been racing with for about 2 years on line. Nothing real organized but good clean racing and a laugh once in a while stop it if you see me we will race

Just looked at TT Leader Board ......looks like I am slow geezer. I accepted all of your friends request looking forward to racing or as it looks running laps with you guys. I will tell you that there is a group of guy I have been racing with for about 2 years on line. Nothing real organized but good clean racing and a laugh once in a while stop it if you see me we will race

Good to have you Rock, what on-line room should we look for to join in your fun?:cheers:

Looks like the Geezer Club is thriving! Great to see 👍

I'm not sure I would of guessed that there were this many senior pilots around.

Looks like there are some fast ones too!! I recognise a couple of fellow Brits from the leader boards :).

Keep up the great work Geezers!! :cheers:

Back