GTP Geezer ClubOpen 

• Thread starter geezer1791
  • 4,067 comments
Well we don't really have a name. You can use the friends check box in the lobby to see where I am. One thing we always have are free chips. If I see any of you on line I will open a room so I guess we will have to play it by ear or should I say the seat of our pants

Anyone know Joe Ferreira or any GTP age 74 or over. I'm looking for the oldest geezer (and bump)?

Have added a few 'Geezers' to my friends list on Playstation, and thanks for asking. I have to remind everyone though that I have frequently complained about the 'blue lines' of friends cars obliterating the view ahead, especially at corners.
Now I find that 3 or 4 my current friends are often just ahead of me in the time trials and, yes, corners are sometimes difficult to negotiate, ie, difficult to negotiate as best as I hope to be able to due to not having a clear picture.
So, if it turns out that my new Geezer friends are at my level, or even worse, a tad better, then I will have to 'unfriend' them. Incidentally I am close to 'unfriending' a couple of my existing friends for the same reason.
I'd rather not have to unfriend anyone, but I can't do my best when the road ahead is a sea of blue. Anyway we'll see how things pan out.

Looks like a fun group getting started here. Thanks geezer1791.

I just finished my 68th lap around the Sun on May 30th and am enjoying the start of lap 69 so far with GT6 giving us lots of new stuff recently.

Any other geezers here are welcome to send a friend request and I may beat you to it and send out FR's in the morning to those in this thread. Either way, it will be nice to have some fellow old dudes to compare times with and even get some races going.

My PSN name is WheelerTurner

Speaking of senior moments, I have special Mints for that.
P1130312.JPG

Have added a few 'Geezers' to my friends list on Playstation, and thanks for asking. I have to remind everyone though that I have frequently complained about the 'blue lines' of friends cars obliterating the view ahead, especially at corners.
Now I find that 3 or 4 my current friends are often just ahead of me in the time trials and, yes, corners are sometimes difficult to negotiate, ie, difficult to negotiate as best as I hope to be able to due to not having a clear picture.
So, if it turns out that my new Geezer friends are at my level, or even worse, a tad better, then I will have to 'unfriend' them. Incidentally I am close to 'unfriending' a couple of my existing friends for the same reason.
I'd rather not have to unfriend anyone, but I can't do my best when the road ahead is a sea of blue. Anyway we'll see how things pan out.

It would be nice if we had the option to select which friends ghosts we wanted to display, and I guess that is another thing for the wish list. I have found a "work-around" is to set a button for "ghosts on/off" and turn them off for the first part of the lap and then turn them back on when there are only one or two (edit) visible ahead of me (doesn't take long).:banghead:

Last edited:
I originally posted this invitation in the seasonals thread and wanted to make sure all geezers were aware there is a GTP Geezer Club for senior pilots. There is an age limit of 60 and over of any skill level. Let's show these wippersnappers we can still get it around the track.
Any interest? My PSN ID is Geezer1791.:gtpflag:
count me in, retired, 65, friend me - karter995

count me in, retired, 65, friend me - karter995

I'm not old enough for the Geezer Club (I'm 48), but I'd love to friend request you guys... Ya mind?

I've got three profiles... Anomaly-6573-02, OGPooh and AudioVideoGeek.

It would be nice if we had the option to selobstructing friends ghosts we wanted to display, and I guess that is another thing for the wish list. I have found a "work-around" is to set a button for "ghosts on/off" and turn them off for the first part of the lap and then turn them back on when there are only one or two (edit) visible ahead of me (doesn't take long).:banghead:

Yes a choice of which to display would be very nice. I belive there is a thread or two buried in the sugestion thread about the blue lines obstructing the view And metioned in the seasonals every so offten. But who knows what and if PD reads on GTP.

But I don't think I saw anything about ghosts or blue lines in the Kaz Q&A thread. Might get some attention there since Kaz is now fielding questions. I'm sure it would get enough comments and votes to keep it visible if it was posted there.

@geezer1791
Nice, I see you found one already posted in the Q&A. But man it could use some votes.

Last edited:
Back